PDA

View Full Version : Expensive Revolver

signal4l
01-16-08, 19:54
I know S&W revolvers have gotten expensive, but this is crazy:

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/content/community/gun_inventory/inventory/gonzales/handgun/938790_swmp38_gon.jsp;jsessionid=YW3WSHZKOXEK3LAQBBICCN3MCAEFCIWE?hierarchyId=11647&_requestid=88667

graffex
01-16-08, 21:03
It seems reasonable to me for a gun that's that old that hasn't been fired and has the original box w/contents :confused:

Paladin4415
01-16-08, 21:43
I think it is very reasonable considering it was made almost 100 years ago and is still new in the box. How many of those do you think there are?

Wayne Dobbs
01-17-08, 10:39
If that gun is in original condition (not refinished), if the stocks on it are original (numbered to the gun) and if the box is the original box, that is a pretty good deal.

I'm a S&W revolver afficionado and the prices of Smith revolvers in good shape with original boxes is steadily, even rapidly increasing. If you want to be shocked, look at Registered Magnum prices, even for well worn examples.

Deadduck
01-17-08, 11:21
Nice, if it's what they claim it is. Wish I had the $$$.

signal4l
01-17-08, 14:41
I stand corrected. I thought it was overpriced.

signal4l
01-17-08, 18:23
If that gun is in original condition (not refinished), if the stocks on it are original (numbered to the gun) and if the box is the original box, that is a pretty good deal.

I'm a S&W revolver afficionado and the prices of Smith revolvers in good shape with original boxes is steadily, even rapidly increasing. If you want to be shocked, look at Registered Magnum prices, even for well worn examples.

A Registered Magnum and a Triple Lock are on my list of guns to buy immediately after winning Power Ball.

Alpha Sierra
01-17-08, 20:25
A Registered Magnum and a Triple Lock are on my list of guns to buy immediately after winning Power Ball.
+1

They are the zenith of Smith & Wesson craftsmanship.