PDA

View Full Version : SOLD: Wiggys Single Person Bivi

mildot
06-14-12, 13:57
OK, I've decided that I won't get around to using this item and it's needs a good home :) . I'm charging a flat shipping fee of $10 for ease. PayPal +3% "first I'll take it" wins. Cheers.

Wiggy Single Person Bivi, new, I haven't got around to using it, comes with the woodland camo fly. $250. Black. Here's a description and pic from the website;

Many years ago, I was asked by a member of the Mazama climbing club (the oldest in the country) if I could make a bivi bag with an insulated top. I made a product for them that was used successfully on a climb of several mountains in South America. Doing work for the Marines at that time led me to show it to them. They had me make a change here and there and tested the "bivi's" in Norway. The results were all of a positive nature. Finally, I received a call from the Air Force. They required a multitude of changes. The end result is what we now produce with one exception: the forward wind flap. That came about because of a local individual.

The culmination of three years of development produced the most efficient single-person shelter available. The top section over the body of the shelter is insulated, and therefore can be used without a sleeping bag in mild conditions, plus 45 degrees Fahrenheit and higher. When used together with any Wiggy bag, you can expect an additional 20 degrees lower than the bag is rated. The bottom and pop-up tent area are waterproof 200-denier-coated oxford nylon. The chest section is insulated with our exclusive Lamilite L-6. It is vapor permeable, not waterproof. (All so-called waterproof bivi bags have shown they have condensation buildup). General rain and snow activity does not penetrate.

Other features include an Easton aluminum shock corded pole, built in stuff sack (12 inches by 15 inches), and steel stakes. The pop-up hood stands 24 inches high and the whole thing weighs 2.25 pounds. There is also a waterproof cover to cover the body of the bivi when you encounter heavy rain.
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a76/mildot326/SinglePersonLarge.jpg