PDA

View Full Version : Another reason to avoid commercial AR's (funny story)

Lockup1109
06-14-12, 18:33
Went to the indoor range today with a buddy from work. He just picked up a brand new RRA "SUPER TACTICAL OPERATOR"(says it right on the lower haha). He loads a brand new dept mag into said gun using xm193 chambers first round then BANG! Bolt comes back somehow stays open and the empty shell is stuck in the chamber! First round! Brand new super tacticool operator! We ram it out fire three more rounds and BAM! Same thing stuck shell!
Mind you this gun has mall ninja equiptment gallore. Chrome bcg UTG quad rail tapco vfg lol. Anyway my buddies pissed that my 700$ PSA that i just built ran flawlessly through about 15 mags and he couldnt finish his first mag!
MORAL OF THE STORY: wait for it............ DONT BUY SHIT GUNS!
He paid 990$ for that RRA paperweight. The chambers obviously out of spec and the extractor is missing the insert and has a three coil spring.
Just figured id share the story.
Good day

Blankwaffe
06-14-12, 19:04
Sounds like more stupid user tricks to me.

Never seen a factory built RRA etc. that came with UTG rails or Tapco components so sounds like the rifle has been extensively fingered.

As far as the extractor spring and missing insert,that should have been caught in out of the box inspection during intial PM.That said Ive used 3 coil extractor springs for years and no issues,actually prefer them in my rifle length gas systems.

At the very least I'd assume there was a inspection and PM done prior to firing,to include chamber(with USGI chamber brush) and bore cleaning.If not there is likely packing grease in the chamber and bore possibly causing extraction issues.

Lockup1109
06-14-12, 19:31
Accordong to him he cleaned the chamber and bore and the gun was well oiled... I saw it with my own two eyes. Just sharing info take it as you will... Glad it aint my gun thats all. Thought it was pretty funny amd decided to share..

OilyDischarge
06-14-12, 19:31
You should have swapped bcgs or bolts. That would have indicated if it was a chamber issue or bolt/extractor issue. I agree that it is could be a dirty chamber caused by the grease applied at the factory. I believe it is the practice of many manufacturers to test fire guns for function at the factory, to prevent such issues like missing an extractor spring insert. They then dissamble the gun, clean and grease to protect the gun for shipping and storage. I am not sure what RRA'S current practice is though.

Lockup1109
06-14-12, 19:33
Oh and this was a carbine gas system not rifle length. There should be an insert in their "premium bcg". Just my opinion.

TN_Warrior
06-14-12, 19:36
Is he just screwed? LOL this sucks.

Lockup1109
06-14-12, 19:36
Youre right we should have swaped bcg's but he couldnt get his upper off of the lower thats how tight it was. And i wasnt going to scratch his gun getting it apart lol.

OilyDischarge
06-14-12, 19:54
Was the upper and lower too tight to take apart when he initially cleaned the chamber and bore? Did he lose the insert when he disassembled the gun the first time? Sounds awfully trollish. And your $700 PSA is a commercial AR.

Lockup1109
06-14-12, 19:57
Trollish. Haha ok. What do you think im a psa advertiser. Good one. Let me guess you have a 900$ bcm? Enlighten me how my homebuilt gun is commercial please. Some people on the internet man. How bout this go buy a RRA arm and good luck to you.

GeorgiaBoy
06-14-12, 20:02
Yeahhhh.. this thread isn't going far... :suicide2:

Lockup1109
06-14-12, 20:07
Georgia. Youre right. I shouldnt have even posted it.

SpankMonkey
06-14-12, 20:08
Trollish. Haha ok. What do you think im a psa advertiser. Good one. Let me guess you have a 900$ bcm? Enlighten me how my homebuilt gun is commercial please. Some people on the internet man. How bout this go buy a RRA arm and good luck to you.

I know this guy, who likes to talk shit about other shit guns, when he himself has a shit gun.

Kettle black and all that.

OilyDischarge
06-14-12, 20:12
Your homebuilt PSA is made of out of parts from a commercial AR manufacturer. Unless you filled it with parts from milspec manufacturers, but you didn't do that for $700. And no, I don't think you work as an advertiser for PSA. If so, your grammar would be better.

Lockup1109
06-14-12, 20:22
And you know the parts in my gun are not "mil-spec" how?

OilyDischarge
06-14-12, 20:24
I already said how I know this. You don't read good huh?

everyusernametaken
06-14-12, 20:24
Maybe "commercial" is too broad of a term, seems to have offended folks...

Seriously, if the part wasn't inadvertently lost by the owner prior to shooting, it's pretty pathetic that the manufacturer managed to miss a standard component in assembly and QC. But is this really unexpected from RRA, with all of the various bad experiences you find about their products?

foxer
06-14-12, 20:26
Because he is on the if its not BCM/Noveske/DD/Colt its crap bandwagon.

Iraqgunz
06-14-12, 20:29
This is going no where.

Moral of the story is to buy a good AR. That means doing research. Then perform a detailed disassembly and inspection of the weapon using solid info to compare it to.

Lube the weapon and then make sure that you use decent ammo.