PDA

View Full Version : H&K USP; conversion possible for lefties?

beschatten
06-14-12, 23:53
Is it possible to install a variant controller on the right of the frame? Also is the LEM trigger something you can self-install or does it have to come built in from the factory?

I don't wanna jump boat and buy it without knowing these two critical things, and as always, theres hardly any info out there on H&K.

I'd prefer this over the h&k if I can get lefty controls.

F-Trooper05
06-15-12, 01:15
Yes, you can install an ambi safety, as well as an LEM kit on your own. Search "LEM" and "Big_Bore" on HKpro for 'how to' instructions.

beschatten
06-15-12, 01:50
Thanks. Mag release is on the left side though correct? This really isnt an issue, but is extended mag release an option?

Malchira
06-15-12, 08:34
The mag release is ambidextrous by default, so you're good there. There is the option of adding the extended release from the HK45/c, though they can be difficult to find in stock.

Spiffums
06-15-12, 17:07
I'll say technically you can't install the LEM yourself unless you have 3 hands.......... I had to have help holding everything together at the end. :D

But if I can do it anyone can.

one
06-15-12, 23:34
First couple of times I installed a LEM I was inventing curses. However early on I kept changing it out for the standard trigger and I eventually did it so many times I got to where I could do it almost effortlessly by accident.

Now the trigger spring is a different story. But if you go with a light LEM you won't need to change that out.

beschatten
06-17-12, 00:33
I think I'll just let an H&K armorer do it...;)

What variants do you guys use with the LEM or LEM light.

Spiffums
06-17-12, 06:26
First couple of times I installed a LEM I was inventing curses. However early on I kept changing it out for the standard trigger and I eventually did it so many times I got to where I could do it almost effortlessly by accident.

Now the trigger spring is a different story. But if you go with a light LEM you won't need to change that out.

I had trouble getting it to fire with other springs so I just put the original trigger and hammer spring back in and got it to fire.

The LEM is not hard to install just aggravating.

one
06-17-12, 16:12
You mean you had trouble with springs other than the one that originally came in the HK you converted? Or had trouble with it as a Light LEM configuration altogether?

Reason I ask is I have a friend that had his P30 done over by Bruce Gray and it won't fire off CCI primers in his loads. I know those are some harder primers as opposed to Federals, etc.