PDA

View Full Version : Colt LE6920 vs. Noveske N4 Basic

Don G.
01-17-08, 07:52
Content deleted.

Derek_Connor
01-17-08, 08:16
Okay....just like a second opinion.

I can get a 6920 or N4 Basic for nearly the same price (the N4 Basic would be $30 more). The Colt will appreciate in value and is a Colt, but cosmetics can vary and it has a 16" barrel (limits the M9 bayonet option). The N4 Basic has excellent cosmetics, better quality barrel, 14.5" barrel (can accept the M9), but won't hold it's value. Which would you choose and why? :confused:

Flip a coin, you'll be happy with either.

Most here do not buy weapons with turn over appreciation value in mind...but...if I HAD to choose, I'd choose the N4.

I'd rather give my money to John.

5POINT56
01-17-08, 08:56
Flip a coin, you'll be happy with either.

Most here do not buy weapons with turn over appreciation value in mind...but...if I HAD to choose, I'd choose the N4.

I'd rather give my money to John.

I agree. With all the important stuff as close as they are with both of the above mentioned rifles, I'd rather spend my money with Noveske.

Don G.
01-17-08, 09:04
Content deleted.

LTPhoon
01-17-08, 10:32
Actually, Clyde Armory is currently listing a 6920 available to me and thee for $1229 and to agencies for $985. With the taste of Kool-Aid (cherry, since it is my first AR-15) still sweet on my lips, I can recommend the Colt. My other choice should the Colt have been unavailable was the LMT M4 offering. It is my understanding the the LMT or the Noveske will avoid pin size issues with the Colt should that be a concern. I took a chance on the cosmetic/loose upper-to-lower fit issue that accrues to Colt by ordering from the internet and wasn't disappointed-even if it is a bit loose-but the rifle will be a shooter and not a safe queen so I let the dice roll...

Joe R.
01-17-08, 11:35
I have guns built by Colt and Noveske. I would go with the Noveske gun in a heartbeat. John is a standup guy and will back his product. He cares about his customers, not just his bottom line.

bones
01-17-08, 11:43
Noveske N4

Failure2Stop
01-17-08, 12:05
I would like to know where all these "depreciated" Noveske's are selling, I haven't been able to find any ;) .

OP- I think you have identified the crux of the matter, at this point, why not buy the N4?

Jay Cunningham
01-17-08, 12:15
Here is my opinion, worth what you paid for it:

They are both excellent and will both serve you well. However, if this is your first rifle I would say go with the Colt. If you already have a rifle and some training under your belt, the next logical move is the Noveske.

IMO your first serious use AR should be a Colt LE6920. You just can't go wrong - like LAV has said on many occasions.

Don G.
01-17-08, 20:20
Content deleted.

Derek_Connor
01-17-08, 20:23
Every company can put out a lemon..including colt or noveske...

who do you think will give you better and more timely customer service?

I know who'd I vote for...

Don G.
01-17-08, 20:28
Content deleted.

Sonny
01-17-08, 21:02
I got a 6920 and a Noveske stripped lower for a future build. I'm happy.
Sonny:)

Paladin4415
01-17-08, 21:09
I have both a Colt 6920 and a Noveske N4 basic. They are both fine rifles and both work great. The Noveske is my favorite as it seems to have a better balance with the 14.5 barrel. Either one will serve you very well.

R.Miksits
01-18-08, 00:12
I can speak first hand for John's Customer service.

Its damn good.

EOD

Rob

FJB
01-18-08, 16:03
I can also testify for John Noveske's customer service as well as his character. He is a first class act, who makes a superb AR carbine. I own one with several more planned.

S/F

WS6
01-18-08, 16:23
If I am unsure and trying to decide between 2 weapons I call each company and express my concerns/questions about their respective platform. based on how they treat me I purchase.

Sabre Defence had no techs in when I called. The person who answered gave me one of the Tech's cell #. Which he promptly and politely answered and helped me with the questions I had on my mind.

I am currently awaiting the arrival of my SDI rifle mid-Feb.