PDA

View Full Version : Fusion 1911's

Geoffrey
01-17-08, 09:06
Hey guys, there is a great bunch here and I have learn a ton so far.

I am looking to get my first 1911.

I want a 10mm Commander and all I can find are DW Bobtail and the Fusion Commander.

Does anyone here have experience with Fusion Firearms?

Thanks.

olds442tyguy
01-17-08, 19:41
They use a lot of cast parts, but their work is beautiful from the pictures I've seen. I've heard people say their top end model is between a TRP and a Pro with a TRP price tag.

From what I've read, they source most of their parts from STI and Wilson with a few being made in house. All of their products are made in the USA as far as I know. They offer two different base lines, one using some MIM inside and possibly cast frames, the other not having any MIM and using forged frames.

My own inexperienced opinion? Their cast frame guns are priced on the high side while their forged frame guns are a bargain. I haven't even seen one in real life though, so this is just my generic opinion on what I think things should be.

They are getting rave reviews over on the 1911 forums though. Then again, so do Rock Islands and Taurus'. I'd suggest reading up on 1911forum.com about them so you can get some experience from owners. They're relatively new, so I wouldn't be surprised if no one here owns one.

rubberneck
01-17-08, 19:48
Doug Koenig hammer design is protected by a patent yet somehow Fusion is selling an exact copy of that hammer under a different name without his approval. That tells me all I need to know about the company. If they don't respect other people's intellectual property than I won't do business with them.