PDA

View Full Version : 300 BLK suppressor Muzzle Break/Flash Hider isntallation question

BDG
06-16-12, 14:10
Hello everyone, this is my first post on this forum, long time lurker. First, thanks to all the great insight and discussion on this forum, this has been a tremendous source of knowledge for me and helped me greatly for my AR builds.

Not sure if this should go in the NFA section or AR variants, please move to the right spot if this is the wrong forum. I am in the process of building a new 300 BLK SBR.

Now to my question. I am building with a Noveske Gen II lower using a LPK from G&R tactical. The upper will be the Noveske 10" 300 Lo-Pro which comes with the flash hider. I have ordered a AAC 762 SDN and muzzle break. I understand that I want to replace the FH with the MB to preserve the life of the can but this is where my problem arises. I live in VA and do a lot of shooting in DE. DE does not allow suppressors so I am faced with the issue of either removing the suppressor and shooting with the MB, which I am told is very loud/annoying to fellow shooters. Or should I would remove the MB/Suppressor and add back the FH when I shoot in DE.

This is my first SBR and suppressor build so I am completely ignorant as to the best way to approach this scenario. When installing the suppressor, I see that you need to use RockSet so I was thinking of using the RS on the MB->Suppressor connection and then just taking this all off to shoot in DE with just the FH. Is this a really bad idea? Anyone come up with a better way to approach this type of problem?

Again, thanks for any insight in advance.

Todd.K
06-16-12, 14:40
Just stick with the flash hider if you are concerned about blast. The 300 BLK is much easier on a silencer than a 5.56.