PDA

View Full Version : M&P Trigger Pull Weight Modifiers

PPGMD
06-17-12, 16:36
Ok so I am looking at where exactly I want to get my M&P 9 Competition to trigger pull wise.

The Apex Tactical Competition AEK is likely out, as they advertise a sub-3lb pull weight. I need a pull weight of over 3.5lbs (NRA Action Pistol Rules), and I would prefer to have a buffer so I want a pull weight around 4lbs.

Right now my M&P 9 Pro has the following in it:
Apex D/C AEK
Apex RAM
Apex Competition Striker spring

In that configuration the weight is hovering at just under 5lbs average per the Lyman trigger pull gauge.

So the question is, where can I get just a little under a pound off the trigger pull?

TAZ
06-17-12, 17:03
I have an APEX duty kit in my MP9FS. With the stock trigger return spring the pull weight measured around 4.25#. With the APEX return spring the pull weight went to around 5.25#. My wife's gun has a Burwell tigger job that started out at around 4.25#, but over the years has drifted below 4# now...assuming this is due to spring wear and such.

MP9
06-18-12, 21:27
I use my M&P FS for competition.. so I didnt get the full apex kit.. I replaced the hard sear and USB... kept the stock trigger and the trigger weight is about 3.5 - 4 #...

the next thing I want to change in my gun is the reset.. I would like to shorten it. and maybe the RAM as well

Magsz
06-19-12, 00:04
These are averages and the list is incomplete as i have never futzed with the competition springs.

DCAEK Trigger spring-10 ounces.
Massachusetts Trigger spring-12-16 ounces.
DCAEK Sear spring-4-6 ounces.

The standard Apex Sear by itself will yield a 4 pound to 4.5 pound trigger press.

If i read your post correctly you have the duty carry trigger return spring in the gun? If so, ditch it and go with a standard TRS to drop your weight to fourish pounds.

Dry fire the crap out of the gun and you should be right at four.