PDA

View Full Version : 1100 help

Guns-up.50
06-17-12, 17:01
I was out a the local three gun today and while running my rem 1100 I had a few problems. For the most part the gun ran well (very) but on thee occasions I would fire the bolt would cycle but it would not chamber a new shell, I did a an immediate action and it ran good, but this happened 3 times total.

Any ideas on whats the problem and how to fix it, or is it something I got to live with? Thanks all in advance

Not looking for should have bought a xxxxx

Malchira
06-19-12, 07:51
You didn't mention whether or not you have an Easyloader, but if so you may want to check here (http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=115278) for suggestions.

trapshooter
06-19-12, 09:48
Check your gas ports on the barrel sometimes they become fouled.
I use torch tip cleaner of the proper size, or a drill bit will clean them out too.
See if this helps
Also an 1100 likes to be run with a minimal amount of oil and make sure your O ring is in good shape.

Chuck

ICANHITHIMMAN
06-19-12, 14:57
When I shot competive rem 1100 were know for having issues agter they had a few rounds through them. It was due to the tube that runs into the stock the bolt rides on. It gets worn and needs replacement with a steel one.

yellowfin
06-19-12, 18:06
Clean the magazine tube out thoroughly and clean the spring as well--fouling and dust might have accumulated there over time and made it hang up ever so slightly.

Guns-up.50
06-20-12, 16:45
thanks all i will check it out