PDA

View Full Version : Chesapeake,VA LEO shot

Jim Colborn
01-17-08, 21:10
All,

My son just informed me that a Chesapeake PO was just shot and passed away. He was serving a warrant when it happened.

He just got out of roll call and is pretty upset.

Please keep this officer's family in your prayers.

Jim

R1pper
01-17-08, 21:16
What a wonderful week:( . Two off duty Dekalb County Police officers were killed Tuesday. My uncle is Homicide investigator with them and is extremely broken up about it all. My heart goes out to the Families involved.

Tspeis
01-17-08, 21:19
My prayers go out to the officer and his loved ones. Likewise for the families of the two Dekalb County officers.

Tspeis

Erick Gelhaus
01-17-08, 22:38
Rest in peace.

Robb Jensen
01-18-08, 04:31
:mad:

R.I.P.

DrMark
01-18-08, 08:36
My prayers and condolances to the officer's family.

th1npower
01-18-08, 12:55
Godspeed...
condolensces to his family & friends..

DrMark
01-18-08, 15:01
http://hamptonroads.com/2008/01/slain-chesapeake-officer-was-eightyear-police-veteran

Slain Chesapeake officer was eight-year police veteran

By Bob McCabe
The Virginian-Pilot, January 18, 2008

CHESAPEAKE -- Police officials have confirmed that Det. Jarrod B. Shivers was shot to death Thursday night in South Norfolk while attempting to serve a narcotics warrant.

The shooting occurred in the 900 block of Redstart Ave., in the Avalon section of South Norfolk, officials said.

Shivers, 34, a Greenbrier resident, had been an officer for eight years.

Five years ago, he earned an award through the Virginia HEAT (Help Eliminate Auto Theft) program sponsored by the Virginia State Police. He was honored for uncovering a car-theft ring that stretched from Hampton Roads to Richmond.

Two marked police cruisers and one unmarked car are at the family's home on Brandon Way in Chesapeake. Officers brought food, drinks and ice to the home around noon today. Officers at the home refused to comment about the shooting.

Shivers is survived by his wife and three children.

An account has been opened at the Bank of Hampton Roads for Shivers. Donations can be made under his name or under an account named "Officer Down."

John_Wayne777
01-18-08, 15:07
May they find the bastard who is responsible and choke him to death with his own intestines.

VA_Dinger
01-18-08, 15:43
Very sad news.

DrMark
01-18-08, 16:04
May they find the bastard who is responsible and choke him to death with his own intestines.

http://hamptonroads.com/2008/01/police-name-suspect-chesapeake-officers-fatal-shooting

ddemis
01-18-08, 21:26
I hate to hear it when a brave man goes down, I wish his family condolences from the bottom of my heart.

CobraCutterPB
01-21-08, 13:01
Its sad to say but that kinda shit happens when stupidity previals:

A they were in plaincloths and did not Identify themselves

B it was for a misdemenor charge, probaly missing court or somthing to that effect.

C. Man is not a felon and has no other charges other then trafic. Why do u need plainscloths officers trying to break in.

D.Why would they charge him with 1st murder. I could understand Manslaughter as it was bad judgment shooting through a door and not identifying your target. Perhaps he realy did think it was a burglar.

Why are u guys already declaring he should be strung up. Atleast read the reports before you throw out comments like that,

Erick Gelhaus
01-21-08, 17:07
Its sad to say but that kinda shit happens when stupidity previals:

A they were in plaincloths and did not Identify themselves
Sorry, haven't seen anything that said the detectives were not identifiable as police officers. Other than the suspect's statements.

B it was for a misdemenor charge, probaly missing court or somthing to that effect.
Please give me a link for anything indicating they were only working on a misdemeanor charge.

CobraCutterPB
01-21-08, 20:00
Either way 3 plainscloths officers serving a warrant seems like piss poor judgement. The chance of a misscommunication with the suspect is too high. If he was so dangerous then why were only three officers serving the warrant. If he was not a dangerous felon ( which he was not) then why didn't they have badges do a normal knock and serve the warrant.

Erick Gelhaus
01-21-08, 21:28
Either way 3 plainscloths officers serving a warrant seems like piss poor judgement. ... If he was not a dangerous felon ( which he was not) then why didn't they have badges do a normal knock and serve the warrant.

And your source for this is? Because the only "number" I've seen is "He and several other officers were there with a search warrant as part of a drug investigation, police said."

Also, he had no felony convictions. And, finally, the term you probably meant to use was uniforms - as in patrol officers.

During my time working narcotics, when we served warrants, we wore identifiable clothing; I'm willing to bet Chesapeake's officers do to. More importantly, unlike grabbing some patrol cops (of which I'm one again), we worked together day in, day out. We trained together. Better communication, coordination than taking folks who did not work & train together and ask them to do it.

CobraCutterPB
01-21-08, 21:59
Communication between the officers and the suspect seem to have been the problem.

Several usualy denotes 2 or 3.

I did not "mean" to use the term uniforms. I'm sorry if I have to perfectly explain everthing so you have ammunition to try and use againt my statements. We clearly see you are going to blindly side with the LEO's , so I guess i'm wasting me breath.

Cobra, It's bullshit like this that you're posting why stuff like this gets locked. This thread is done. Cobra drop the bullshit. ---gotm4