PDA

View Full Version : Flying to Wa St / Seattle At the last minute, CCW questions..

HES
06-19-12, 20:47
Guys I hate to do this, but what are the CCW limitations in Washington St / Seattle? Do they have a requirement to notify an LEO if asked? Do "No Weapons" signs carry the force of law there? Can you carry in a Bar, a restaurant, a church? Any other areas that are off limits? I know that they have reciprocity with my state (Florida) but that's about it.

Normally I would look this up myself. However I just found out I have to catch a flight in the morning to Seattle. So I am doing a last minute scramble to pack. With this in mind, any help is GREATLY appreciated.

Lincoln7
06-19-12, 21:22
Locations you cannot carry:
-K-12 schools
-restricted areas of LE offices or jails
-court houses
-mental health establishments
-outdoor music festivals
-on a snowmobile
-Indian reservation property

-signs do NOT hold the force of law (must leave if asked)
-can carry in vehicles with valid permit
-must present concealed permit upon demand from LEO
-you may carry in restaurants that serve alcohol
-you may not carry in bars/over 21 establishments
-open carry friendly

5pins
06-19-12, 21:45
Guys I hate to do this, but what are the CCW limitations in Washington St / Seattle? Do they have a requirement to notify an LEO if asked? Do "No Weapons" signs carry the force of law there? Can you carry in a Bar, a restaurant, a church? Any other areas that are off limits? I know that they have reciprocity with my state (Florida) but that's about it.

Normally I would look this up myself. However I just found out I have to catch a flight in the morning to Seattle. So I am doing a last minute scramble to pack. With this in mind, any help is GREATLY appreciated.

You do not need to inform LEO, No weapons signs for the most part mean nothing (they can ask you to leave), no carrying in bars or any place off limits to people under 21. You can’t carry at schools or the mental ward in hospitals, court houses and police stations.

MistWolf
06-19-12, 22:06
Here is a website that should help you-
http://www.handgunlaw.us/

It will tell you what state CCWs WA recognizes and other laws. Just click on Washington on the map

HES
06-20-12, 13:32
Thanks all. Normally I would have looked this up myself. But time is at a premium