PDA

View Full Version : BULLSHIT charges against SFC Walter Taylor...

a0cake
06-19-12, 23:44
Here's the story:

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-afghan-shooting-20120610,0,5374049,full.story

Here's his support page:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/In-Support-of-SFC-Walter-Taylor/407113582661313

Here's how to help (Lifted from the FB page):

HOW YOU CAN HELP

We are receiving numerous requests on how you can help. To address this, please feel free to show your support in any of the ways listed below:

1. VIA FACEBOOK: Post a message to SFC Taylor and his family on the wall of this page;

2. VIA US MAIL: This effort is graciously being coordinated by A Dollar to Care, Inc. From A Dollar to Care: "Letters and cards of support can be sent to:

The Walter Taylor Family
C/O A Dollar To Care, Inc.
P.O. Box 31608
Dayton, OH 45437

Taylor has a 2 yr old girl, 6 yr old boy, a lovely wife, and an incredible family. Any toys, gift cards, small gestures of appreciation and support can be sent to the address above or we can be contacted via our website at www.ADollarToCare.org"

3. LEGAL DEFENSE FUND: A fund has been established to assist SFC Taylor and his family in his legal battles ahead. His civilian defense is not being paid for by our government, rather this expense is his, and his alone. Please follow this link for instructions on how to contribute to this fund: https://www.facebook.com/pages/In-Support-of-SFC-Walter-Taylor/407113582661313?sk=notes

4. SHARE THIS PAGE: Please take a moment to share this case with your friends and family.

Thank you to everyone that has come forward to show support to SFC Taylor and his family. God bless you all.

Here's a picture of SFC Taylor receiving his Purple Heart shortly before being charged with Negligent Homicide:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/252742_407286345977370_111827071_n.jpg
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now of course I wasn't there. But I believe I have enough information and enough experience to form a synthesis that points to this being a bullshit charge. Putting good people into impossible situations and prosecuting them for the inevitable but non-malicious errors that ensue is unsatisfactory.

SeriousStudent
06-20-12, 00:54
Donation already sent for the defense fund. Thanks for the link on where we can send the get-well cards.

There but for the grace of God..... :(

SMETNA
06-20-12, 01:47
Even if he did something wrong, (which, according to the facts laid out in that story, I do not believe he did) the man is now permanently disfigured. You don't try to bone a mangled combat vet who served three tours by MMQBing a decision he made under fire. This makes my blood boil.

God be with Sgt. Taylor

ICANHITHIMMAN
06-20-12, 06:19
Man that could have been anyone of us in the situation. I know a few guys my wife works with in law enforcement who made similar decsions stateside and were found to be justified in there actions. I think it will turn out alright for him. He was in an impossable situation and protecting his soliders I cant say as I would have acted any diffrent.

feedramp
06-20-12, 11:14
This is what happens when armchair lawyers run a war.

chadbag
06-20-12, 11:16
And the generals wonder why the home front is not behind them...

Abraxas
06-20-12, 11:19
Much is being done to destroy our military. Not just by foreign forces.

kwelz
06-20-12, 11:35
So wait. Let me see if I understand this correctly.
He was in a firefight.
A car was stopped in the middle of the fight.
Someone got out of the car and moved towards the trunk.
He engaged the perceived threat and moved on

Did I miss anything? If not I don't see how anyone would have accede differently.

Belmont31R
06-20-12, 14:57
Another Hiditha like incident? Either the "innocent" people were just in the wrong place at the wrong time or just did something plain stupid. None of us were there...just basing my comments off what Ive read but it seems like another witch hunt.

warpigM-4
06-20-12, 16:04
what i don't get if you pull up into a firefight common sense would say turn around and drive the other way !!!! Not get out of the car and go to the trunk :confused:

Moose-Knuckle
06-20-12, 17:09
what i don't get if you pull up into a firefight common sense would say turn around and drive the other way !!!! Not get out of the car and go to the trunk :confused:

Kind of like the "civilians" in Nisour Square that amassed and headed towards a bunch of Americans in SUVs with machine guns pointed out every window and a sign in Arabic that reads Caution: Stay back 100 Meters Or You Will Be Shot.

Situational awareness somes gots it. :jester:

warpigM-4
08-09-12, 18:17
charges dismissed a great day

a0cake
08-09-12, 18:17
SFC Taylor has been exonerated of all charges.

For once justice did not capitulate to hysterics.

a0cake
08-09-12, 18:18
charges dismissed a great day

Haha wow...we must have been posting at the exact same time. Ya' got me.

SeriousStudent
08-09-12, 20:07
Outstanding!! That is excellent news. I am certain that will help speed his recovery from the injuries he sustained while defending our country.

feedramp
08-09-12, 22:46
Great! Shame he was ever put through that to begin with.

Reagans Rascals
08-09-12, 23:02
well.... I'm sorry to say... but he is ****ed completely....

this is not bullshit...this is the exact figure... less than 2% of all cases that go to Courts Martial, are actually won.... he is ****ed....

98% of all cases that go to Courts Martial are won by the prosecution... this is an exact fact... and I have 100% first hand experience...

there is nothing this man can do...

a0cake
08-09-12, 23:03
Delete.

ryan
08-09-12, 23:08
well.... I'm sorry to say... but he is ****ed completely....

this is not bullshit...this is the exact figure... less than 2% of all cases that go to Courts Martial, are actually won.... he is ****ed....

98% of all cases that go to Courts Martial are won by the prosecution... this is an exact fact... and I have 100% first hand experience...

there is nothing this man can do...

I believe the charges were dropped, at least that's what the 4 posts above yours say.

Reagans Rascals
08-09-12, 23:12
I believe the charges were dropped, at least that's what the 4 posts above yours say.

that's fine.... because that means they had no case, or the prosecution perceived they had no substantial case... however... if this had been pressed forward... rest assured... he'd have been sand bagged...

ryan
08-09-12, 23:13
that's fine.... because that means they had no case, or the prosecution perceived they had no substantial case... however... if this had been pressed forward... rest assured... he'd have been sand bagged...

You got me... I'm just glad he is out of that mess.

SteyrAUG
08-09-12, 23:27
So wait. Let me see if I understand this correctly.
He was in a firefight.
A car was stopped in the middle of the fight.
Someone got out of the car and moved towards the trunk.
He engaged the perceived threat and moved on

Did I miss anything? If not I don't see how anyone would have accede differently.

To think that in my Grandfathers time his initiative to act in defense of his team would probably have been rewarded.

Magic_Salad0892
08-10-12, 04:51
To think that in my Grandfathers time his initiative to act in defense of his team would probably have been rewarded.

I think it was you who said something about how in the Japanese culture, they celebrate those who made honorable attempts, but failed.

I think the same way of this man.

If I'm in a shootout, in the middle of a ****ing WAR, and you pull up in a black car, and go to the trunk...

Yeah. You're getting shot.

streck
08-10-12, 07:33
From the article in the OP.....

"[Our] main mission is to protect the Afghan people, and ISAF realizes that incidents of this kind damage the confidence of both the Afghan people and the government in ISAF," Lt. Col. Jimmie E. Cummings Jr., a spokesman for the force in Afghanistan, said in a statement to The Times.

**** you LTC Douchebag. **** you very much.