PDA

View Full Version : Trigger guard question

Koshinn
06-21-12, 00:39
I have a Noveske N4 (gen1) lower with a Magpul aluminum trigger guard.

http://www.mattdtactical.com/assets/images/MAG417A.jpg
This isn't my weapon/picture, but this is roughly what it looks like... but my trigger guard is even higher up into the area between the two "ears." The main reason I got the trigger guard was to plug the gap, but I guess the roll pin hole was drilled a little too high in my lower because it doesn't actually plug the hole very much.

I've tried both the aluminum and plastic magpul trigger guards, neither fills the gap.

I have a feeling it's supposed to be more like this:
http://www.bowerstactical.com/store/images/MAG980.jpg
Which is what my Palmetto State Armory lower looks like with a Magpul trigger guard. Weird that my PSA lower seems to be more "in spec" than my Noveske lower.

Are my only two options to either grind down the N4 lower's ears or to get a pistol grip like the BCM or TD? I really like my MOE-K grip because I have smaller hands and I like the grip angle.

KrampusArms
06-21-12, 00:51
I would never grind a lower. Maybe you could build up your trigger guard with a little bondo, and sand & smooth it for a perfect fit. Then paint over it. It wouldn't be hard at all.

buckjay
06-21-12, 00:55
Get a gapper. They're like $3.

KrampusArms
06-21-12, 01:00

I could be wrong, but I believe those only work with standard trigger guards

masakari
06-21-12, 06:50
I had the same issue. On my "POS" bushmaster lower, the MOE trigger guard completely filled the gap and is comfortable. On my Spikes lower, it was useless. The aluminum one was slightly better, but only slightly.
Magpul should really offer the integrated trigger guards for MIADs again.

SomeOtherGuy
06-21-12, 08:21
Are my only two options to either grind down the N4 lower's ears or to get a pistol grip like the BCM or TD? I really like my MOE-K grip because I have smaller hands and I like the grip angle.

If the gap is bothering you and you like the MOE-K, get the BCM mod0 and don't look back.

Guns-up.50
06-21-12, 09:03
If the gap is bothering you and you like the MOE-K, get the BCM mod0 and don't look back.

Tango downs grips also fills the gap, its a nice grip as well cant even tell the gap was there

wahoo95
06-21-12, 09:09
I find no issue with the stock trigger guard + gapper combo and whatever grip you prefer.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Koshinn
06-21-12, 09:15
I was thinking about doing the RTV silicone trick on my gunfighter CH, think that'd work for filling the gap on my trigger guard too?

SteveL
06-21-12, 14:38
I second the notion to try the new BCM Gunfighter grip.

SomeOtherGuy
06-21-12, 14:40
The RTV silicone trick is probably worth trying.

Either the Mod 0 or Mod 1 would work for the OP's purpose. Both come with the insert to cover the gap. The difference between the two is on the size of the backstrap.

Yes, but the mod0 is much closer in size to the MOE-K grip the OP likes.

Re: Tangodown, I use a couple of those and like the little shelf (just like on the new BCM grips) but they are heavily raked, not nearly vertical.

SteveL
06-21-12, 14:43
The RTV silicone trick is probably worth trying.

Yes, but the mod0 is much closer in size to the MOE-K grip the OP likes.

Re: Tangodown, I use a couple of those and like the little shelf (just like on the new BCM grips) but they are heavily raked, not nearly vertical.

Sorry about that. I didn't read thoroughly enough before posting and you quoted me before I got the post edited.

In either case I think the BCM grip would be worth a try. Just my opinion.

Slobo
06-21-12, 15:55

+1 Ergo gapper slots in easily.

Gun
06-21-12, 16:35
Have a Noveske lower with a MagPul trigger guard. Never really looked at the gap as it never impeded function.

BufordTJustice
06-22-12, 00:27

Yeah, all BCM grips have an insert that acts as a gapper. I think it may be perfect for you.

Quiet-Matt
06-22-12, 04:47
I find no issue with the stock trigger guard + gapper combo and whatever grip you prefer.

I agree 100%

jasonhgross
06-22-12, 13:28
+1 Ergo gapper slots in easily.

another +1

Gapper + Standard trigger guard is actually better for me than either my MOE or aluminum magpul trigger guard. The only thing that was better was the tango down grip, but like the MOE grip better. So now its MOE grip, Standard trigger guard, ergo gapper. Its cheap, simple, and no grinding of my social finger.