PDA

View Full Version : Ciener .22 in full auto

usmcvet
06-22-12, 10:15
Do any of you have any experience running a Ceiner .22 unit on FA in an M16? Do they work well and will my CMMG kit work with the addition of these two parts:

Automatic trip (M16 only)
Anti-bounce weight (M16 only)
http://www.22lrconversions.com/ordpg-prts-ar.htm

Thanks.

usmcvet
06-22-12, 13:11
I found a great thread on TOS. CMMG is in the final stages of development. Looks promising.

gunnut284
06-22-12, 19:09
I have run a Spikes conversion in a Bushmaster 11.5" M16 with mixed success. It was pretty shaky at first but got better with some use. I did install the ball bearing detent as well. Last time I used it I probably had one stoppage per every 2-3 mags. Winchester T22 ammo, might be better with another type. My understanding is that trial and error in the spring setup and ammo selection is generally needed to get better reliability, mine is an issued duty setup so I can't do modifications and the ammo is provided so I'm kinda stuck.

usmcvet
06-22-12, 21:34
Thanks for the reply. I've heard mixed reviews too. Mine is a duty gun too. I would be okay messing with the springs in the .22 upper but will not in the lower. I'm going to try for a CMMG when they become available. I've just heard to many Ciener customer service horror stories.

ad701xx
06-27-12, 19:53
I've been running a Ceiner 22 conversion on my RR for about 12 years now. It was a pain in the ass for the first year until I did the ball detent mod to solve the bolt bounce issue. It has been running great ever since.

All the springs in the lower are stock.

99HMC4
06-27-12, 20:51
I'm having trouble with mine in auto. The hammer is riding the bolt forward and not hitting the pin hard enough. It used to run good but recently it won't run at all in auto......

usmcvet
06-27-12, 21:33
Thanks Guys.

ad701xx
06-28-12, 14:13
I'm having trouble with mine in auto. The hammer is riding the bolt forward and not hitting the pin hard enough. It used to run good but recently it won't run at all in auto......

Are you sure the hammer is riding the bolt forward? Bolt bounce will cause the same symptom...the hammer will be down and you will have a light or possible no strike on the cartrdge.

Try the detent mod. It may fix your problem.

lunchbox
06-28-12, 14:30
have a ceiner kit and am curious about this ball detent mod yall mentioned. Please share with the rest of the class.:help:

ad701xx
06-28-12, 15:17
I'll try to post up some pictures later today.

ad701xx
06-28-12, 17:46
I found this page that has a tutorial on how to do the mod. I did mine a little differently but it's the same concept.

http://bazookabrothers.com/tech_assistance.htm

99HMC4
06-28-12, 21:27
Are you sure the hammer is riding the bolt forward? Bolt bounce will cause the same symptom...the hammer will be down and you will have a light or possible no strike on the cartrdge.

Try the detent mod. It may fix your problem.

I have the detent AND weight......

ad701xx
06-28-12, 21:58
I have the detent AND weight......

How's the timing? Have you checked the firing pin and spring lately?

lunchbox
06-29-12, 15:11
I found this page that has a tutorial on how to do the mod. I did mine a little differently but it's the same concept.

Yup yup, thank you I do love me a weekend project:D

99HMC4
06-29-12, 21:07
How's the timing? Have you checked the firing pin and spring lately?

New pin a spring, I broke the original pin...

g5m
06-29-12, 23:44

Useful link.

az doug
06-30-12, 00:02
I have been fortunate. My f/a Ceiner kit worked well out of the box. I use Black Dog mags and an upper with a Car-15 1/12 pencil barrel, cut to 10.5 inches that I dedicated to the .22 conversion. I shoot Remington Golden and Federal bulk pack ammo.

ETA: Most people I know recommend the ball detent conversion to the bolt and the O ring conversion to the chamber adapter. The O ring is suppose to prevent gas from escaping around chamber adapter.

mingheemouse
07-01-12, 21:37
New pin a spring, I broke the original pin...

Hey 99HMC4,

I had the same problem you described. I also had the ball detent, anti-bounce weight, different recoil spring weights, but the hammer kept following the bolt back down on full-auto with no ignition of the next round. In my case, the fix was to take a few thousandths of an inch off of the auto trip on the side that engages the auto sear until the timing was right, and the hammer was only released once the action was closed and the next round was fully chambered. Now it just runs like a sewing machine.