PDA

View Full Version : noveske rogue hunter

wingo
06-22-12, 21:06
Noted that the 12.5 in rogue hunter is being pictured on the noveske site in the nsr handguard. Verry good looking and good price.

Quiet Riot
06-23-12, 06:54
The NSR is a nice handguard, but Noveske is still behind in producing rails, etc., for it. I was able to get a 5-slot rail and a QD attachment when they first came out, but they sold out very quickly and have since remained out of stock. They haven't even introduced their grip panels and hand stop yet.

I am working on a video review.

VooDoo6Actual
06-23-12, 07:30
It does look outstanding.

Brahmzy
06-23-12, 10:00
The NSRs FEEL outstanding. Love how they handle. Not sure if I could go back to a fat tube/rail.

Todd.K
06-23-12, 11:26
All the Rogue Hunter models are changing to the NSR handguard.

5cary
06-23-12, 13:06
What the heck am I missing? I see no 12.5" RH pictured in either the CHF or SS barrel sections. The only RH I see on the site is 300AAC and that's not an NSR rail. I'm really interested in one of these.

krm375
06-23-12, 19:33
Could not help myself, Rouge vs Rogue

Rouge   [roozh] noun, verb, rouged, roug·ing.
noun
1. any of various red cosmetics for coloring the cheeks or lips.
2. a reddish powder, chiefly ferric oxide, used for polishing metal, glass, etc.

Love the Noveske, I have the Noveske Vtac

bzdog
06-23-12, 21:29
All the Rogue Hunter models are changing to the NSR handguard.

When? I just ordered one in 16" BLK. I'll feel a bit silly to have bought TRX mounts, barrel nut tool, squid grips, etc. if I actually get an NSR.

OTOH, I guess the NSR is a better handguard, so maybe it wouldn't be a bad thing.

What I'm really hoping it comes with an FFL, or at least if I can upgrade to one.

Fingers crossed.

-john

wingo
06-24-12, 08:54
Could not help myself, Rouge vs Rogue

Rouge   [roozh] noun, verb, rouged, roug·ing.
noun
1. any of various red cosmetics for coloring the cheeks or lips.
2. a reddish powder, chiefly ferric oxide, used for polishing metal, glass, etc.

Love the Noveske, I have the Noveske Vtac

Thanks. Maybe they could make a version for the ladies. Spelling correction is sometimes annoying, but funny as hell in this case.

I do wonder if these come with the anti-rotation pin.

Quiet Riot
06-24-12, 18:02
Thanks. Maybe they could make a version for the ladies. Spelling correction is sometimes annoying, but funny as hell in this case.

I do wonder if these come with the anti-rotation pin.

Even Midway got the "rogue vs. rouge" thing wrong in their catalog more than once.

As far as the anti-rotation pin, that would only work if you had a Noveske upper that already had the hole for it. You don't really need it, though. It seems that the main purpose is to make it easier to line up the NSR and the rail on the receiver.

Dragk913
06-28-12, 10:02
Ugh. I would love to handle one of those.. Look pretty danged nice.

Stickman
06-29-12, 12:27
We fired around 3,000 rounds of 300BLK yesterday, and the general feeling amongst the group of shooters was the Rogue Hunter had the best overall feel, with multiple people commenting on how smooth the recoil impulse was compared to the other 8 300BLK weapons being fire.

bzdog
06-29-12, 12:38
When? I just ordered one in 16" BLK. I'll feel a bit silly to have bought TRX mounts, barrel nut tool, squid grips, etc. if I actually get an NSR.

OTOH, I guess the NSR is a better handguard, so maybe it wouldn't be a bad thing.

What I'm really hoping it comes with an FFL, or at least if I can upgrade to one.

Fingers crossed.

-john

Just a follow up.

1) I was able to upgrade to the flared forged lower for an upcharge.

2) I inquired, and mine, ordered earlier this month will come with the NSR rail. Given the reading I've done so far about the flex with the TRX, I'm actually very happy about this despite having jumped the gun a bit with the TRX accessories.

Now back to waiting....

-john

glocktogo
06-29-12, 14:15
We fired around 3,000 rounds of 300BLK yesterday, and the general feeling amongst the group of shooters was the Rogue Hunter had the best overall feel, with multiple people commenting on how smooth the recoil impulse was compared to the other 8 300BLK weapons being fire.

I absolutely love how my 18" RH handles. I think I'll be getting an 8" .300BLK RH, with Flared Forged Lower on a Form 4 next. :)

M4Fundi
06-29-12, 14:16
Stickman,
Lucky you...... Question? What do you think of 8" for general handling? Is it ridiculously short? I have a 10" NSR 300BLK on order from Noveske because I thought I wouldn't really gain much with shorter (8") and that a 10 or 12.5 would just handle better... but everyone seems to be getting 8" rifles. Do you have an opinion on this after shooting several 8" versions?

wingo
06-30-12, 09:46
I cant help but wonder why the RH is not offered in 5.56. With the 12.5in this is a real good deal$?

Singlestack Wonder
06-30-12, 21:31
I cant help but wonder why the RH is not offered in 5.56. With the 12.5in this is a real good deal$?

It is offered in 5.56. Go to Noveske's website and look at complete rifles/uppers with stainless steel barrels.

wingo
07-20-12, 18:15
All i see is the heavy barrel crusader. Mur reciever. Sws handguard. (Nice but not the same specs)

Nope , no RH i can see. Link?