PDA

View Full Version : CPD at their BS again

QuietShootr
06-25-12, 08:47
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57459519/chicago-gun-turn-in-yields-5500-firearms/

Do you really expect me to believe someone turned in a live M60 for a ****ing $100 gift card? Bull-****ing-shit. That gun is either A) a replica B) an airsoft gun or C) came from somewhere in the CPD's armory or evidence locker.

ralph
06-25-12, 09:09
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57459519/chicago-gun-turn-in-yields-5500-firearms/

Do you really expect me to believe someone turned in a live M60 for a ****ing $100 gift card? Bull-****ing-shit. That gun is either A) a replica B) an airsoft gun or C) came from somewhere in the CPD's armory or evidence locker.

They have to justify the program somehow..They've had alot of shootings lately (Gang related?) and by parading this "M60" they can say, "look what we got off the street". One also has to consider who the Mayor is... I'd guess the reality is, they got a bunch of Hi-Points, Jennings, and other known getto type firearms

Armati
06-25-12, 09:15
Until they prove otherwise I am going with the theory that it is a prop of some sort.

Almost without exception, these sorts of gun buy-backs involve old church ladies turning in some old junk that their son or husband had laying around the house.

I am trying to picture the scene of some old lady loading up a 4 foot long 23lb M60 and humping down to the local police station. Did she take it on the bus?

This is just eye wash for cameras to make it look like city govt is really doing something to deal with the 35 shooting deaths in the last two weeks.

Moltke
06-25-12, 09:29
And how many crimes has the average gangbanger committed with an M60?

QuietShootr
06-25-12, 09:36
And how many crimes has the average gangbanger committed with an M60?

Not to mention, anyone who HAD one of those in the first place would sell it to another street character for a thousand bucks or whatever, not a stupid $100 gift card for shoes. If it IS a real M60, which I highly doubt, it is probably one that is worn out beyond repair and was going to be destroyed anyway - I can't see any PD throwing out a perfectly good free belt-feed.

Someone should call them on their bullshit. Let's see the serial number and manufacturer on that thing, and run it back to see where it came from.

VooDoo6Actual
06-25-12, 09:41
Ah the disinformation left spin at it again.
Kool Aid drinkers delight.
Evil Black Machine Gun on the streets ewww.
Bullshit filter set on full & fully charged.

Good call & catch.

Zhurdan
06-25-12, 10:04
From the article...

"Of the more than 5,500 weapons, about 700 turned out to be BB-guns or replicas, McCarthy said."

"BB-guns and replicas were worth $10 cards."

I'm guessing that M60 was one of the 700, but by hell, they sure don't make it sound that way.

Armati
06-25-12, 20:48
Even an airsoft M60 will get you more than $100 on ebay.

feedramp
06-25-12, 21:02
Well these people aren't exactly smart if they're turning in real guns. Or living in Chicago for that matter. Nice place to visit, wouldn't live there for anything.

Safetyhit
06-25-12, 21:28
I agree it is an extremely unlikely scenario, but it could have belonged to the widow or relative of a deceased firearms collector.

SeriousStudent
06-25-12, 22:15
Back in the day, I used to tote a Pig.

It may just be the grainy pic, but that does not look real to me.

QuietShootr
06-25-12, 22:18
Back in the day, I used to tote a Pig.

It may just be the grainy pic, but that does not look real to me.

I did too, and me either.

kaiservontexas
06-25-12, 22:54
Ok, I just clicked the link. I never toted one. Ok, disclaimer aside.

That looks more like a M1a with crap added to it like you would find at a gun show, which by the way I have seen and held.

woodandsteel
06-25-12, 23:31
That picture is a bit grainy, but my heart just sank. I'm pretty sure I'm seeing at least a couple of K frames in that picture, as well as some other nice wood and steel guns.

I wonder if the officials in Chicago will check to see if the guns are stolen, and try to return them to their rightful owners?

Jellybean
06-26-12, 00:41
What a load of malarky. I call shenanigans!

I think what we're seeing here with the so-called M60 (and all the other "heavy weapons" :sarcastic:) is a rehash of the rocket launcher (LAW?) that they made a big F'ing deal out of last time, even though it was completely inert, and in fact just the tube.

I wonder if the officials in Chicago will check to see if the guns are stolen, and try to return them to their rightful owners?

I love your optimism. :D

3 AE
06-26-12, 00:56
That picture is a bit grainy, but my heart just sank. I'm pretty sure I'm seeing at least a couple of K frames in that picture, as well as some other nice wood and steel guns.

They won't bother, too much time to check and try to notify.Besides most have been junk if past history is any indication. The article states that all will be destroyed. After sifting through and taking the "good" ones out of the heap of course! :D

Moose-Knuckle
06-26-12, 03:58
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a144/AKS-74/journalist_guns_2.jpg

Honu
06-26-12, 04:13
I often wonder how many criminals go steal guns to turn in for a few bucks ?

davidjinks
06-26-12, 06:18
I humped a 60...I'm not buying that's a pig. At least a real one anyway.

Chameleox
06-26-12, 08:43
If it is a true M60, at most its from an NFA collection of a now deceased owner, and the widow just wanted it gone. The owner (legal or not) would never trade it in (again, if real) for $100 towards new Jordans.

Iraqgunz
06-26-12, 21:06
I wouldn't be surprised if it is real. I was probably turned in by some misguided family member or the widow of someone who possibly legally owned it.

Unfortunately with these gun scams we will never know the real truth.