PDA

View Full Version : 20rd curved C Products Mags.

SpankMonkey
06-25-12, 17:39
I did a search but was not able to find a good answer.

I found some NOS 20rd curved mags I've had sitting in a box for several years. I would like to replace the springs. Does anyone have a good idea on where I could find good replacement springs?

The mags have a orange anti-tilt follower. The mag bodies appear to be good. Not sure if they are even worth putting the money into after reading the search results on C Product mags..

Thoughts anyone?

bodyarmorguy
06-25-12, 17:58
Not for nothing....but I stay away from C Products entirely. I had a bad experience with a couple of their mags a few years ago. My agency has taken delivery on 22 carbines and they came with C Products mags. In order to get the magazines to seat reliably on a closed bolt I have had to download them to 24-25 rounds. Colt, USGI and PMags have seated reliably downloaded to 28 rounds. The carbine manufacture has been notified and is exchanging 44 magazines for PMags.

SomeOtherGuy
06-25-12, 20:42
Why do you want to replace the springs? They won't wear out from just sitting in storage.

I use some of the 20rd CP aluminum mags (as range mags) and they are mediocre at best. Decently reliable so far but the operation isn't smooth. I would not put any money into them if they are worn or damaged.

scottryan
06-25-12, 20:47
I did a search but was not able to find a good answer.

I found some NOS 20rd curved mags I've had sitting in a box for several years. I would like to replace the springs. Does anyone have a good idea on where I could find good replacement springs?

The mags have a orange anti-tilt follower. The mag bodies appear to be good. Not sure if they are even worth putting the money into after reading the search results on C Product mags..

Thoughts anyone?

I'd replace these pieces of crap with straight USGI 20 round mags.

Univibe
06-25-12, 21:36
Why do you want to replace the springs? They won't wear out from just sitting in storage.

I use some of the 20rd CP aluminum mags (as range mags) and they are mediocre at best. Decently reliable so far but the operation isn't smooth. I would not put any money into them if they are worn or damaged.

Right on with the spring replacement. They won't wear out just sitting there.

I had a half-dozen CProd curved twenties I used as range mags. They worked just fine. I finally gave them away to a friend's son who just got his first AR.

If they work, run 'em till they die, toss 'em, and buy NHMTG straight twenties.

SpankMonkey
06-26-12, 08:57
Not for nothing....but I stay away from C Products entirely. I had a bad experience with a couple of their mags a few years ago. My agency has taken delivery on 22 carbines and they came with C Products mags. In order to get the magazines to seat reliably on a closed bolt I have had to download them to 24-25 rounds. Colt, USGI and PMags have seated reliably downloaded to 28 rounds. The carbine manufacture has been notified and is exchanging 44 magazines for PMags.

I've noticed the same thing to. Its hard to insert a loaded mag. I even downloaded a few but still hard to insert and lock.

SomeOtherGuy..... Why do you want to replace the springs? They won't wear out from just sitting in storage.

The springs feel weak. Rds are loose in the mag even when topped off.

Scottryan.....I'd replace these pieces of crap with straight USGI 20 round mags.

I have several straight 20s. Just toying around with these curved mags.

Univibe....Right on with the spring replacement. They won't wear out just sitting there.

I had a half-dozen CProd curved twenties I used as range mags. They worked just fine. I finally gave them away to a friend's son who just got his first AR.

If they work, run 'em till they die, toss 'em, and buy NHMTG straight twenties.

These springs feel weak. I found these a few days ago. I forgot I had purchased these years ago at a great price. I think I will just use them as range mags. If they work great, if not I get to practice clearance drills.

I would still like to replace the springs and try to turn these into good mags.

SomeOtherGuy
06-26-12, 10:15
These mags are readily available for $6-7 each at CDNN, so keep that in mind when you look at buying springs. Mine have worked, so far, without any changes. All the aluminum CP mags I've owned have reinforced their reputation for junk. In contrast the stainless steel CP mags I've owned have mostly been pretty decent, but still near the bottom of what I would choose to buy again.