PDA

View Full Version : Grip Force Adpater Install Issue

djegators
06-26-12, 12:09
I have read that sometimes these can difficult to install, but I can seem to get the GFA to snap in place on my Gen3 FDE G17. Any advice on getting this done? Been eager to try this accessory out.

warpedcamshaft
06-26-12, 12:24
The trick is to push the pin in until just a tiny bit of it protrudes on one side. You need just enough to get the hole to snap over and be held in place before you true the pin up or file it even with your grip.

So the pin should be uneven in the frame, and you start by placing the GFA hole on the longer pin side first, and then press the opposing side of the GFA until the hole snaps over the short end of the pin. I had to apply considerable force laterally and forward (towards muzzle) on the Adapters to basically "stretch" them around and get them snapped in.

F-Trooper05
06-26-12, 12:57
I used a stick and some 550 cord and made a tourniquet out of it and twisted it hard around the gun and GFA until the holes lined up.

Joe R.
06-26-12, 13:01
I have placied the frame in a vice and GENTLY tightened it to secure the frame so I could use both hands to work the GFA in place while my wife taps the pin in place.

I have only had to resort to this twice out of 8 pistols, but it works when necessary and reduces the cussing and frustration.

Joe R.
06-26-12, 13:02
Nice method there F. Never even thought of that...