PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming events in VA?

Failure2Stop
01-19-08, 13:50
I am having some trouble finding comp dates, so I was hoping that I might be able to get some good info from area residents.

Looking for IDPA/USPSA/3-gun/Tactical competitions in Virginia during March/ April.

Thanks for any help.

Boris
01-24-08, 20:29
As for IDPA:

I understand the VA Indoor Regionals is slated for 3/19 - 3/23 at the Norfolk County Rifle Range (NCRR.net). This is a sanctioned match.

Black Creek Shooters holds our local IDPA match the second Sat. of each month. (3-Gun matches are at Black Creek the fourth Sat. of each month).

Rivanna Rifle and Pistol holds IDPA the third Sat. of each month.

Cavalier Rifle and Pistol holds IDPA the fourth Sunday of each month.

-B

Failure2Stop
01-25-08, 05:32
Boris-
You're awesome, thanks.

Robb Jensen
01-25-08, 06:03
For March/April 08:

USPSA:

USPSA (pistol match) 1st Sunday of the month at the Fredericksburg Rod & Gun club...to get on the email list contact Tino at bad320ATaol.com (replace the AT with a @).

USPSA (pistol match) 3rd Sunday, but I think it may have changed to the 2nd Sunday of the month. North Mountain (Strasburg VA)....to get on the email list contact danelainecATverizon.net (replace the AT with a @).

USPSA (pistol matches with side shotgun/carbine) 3rd Sunday. Blackwater at Moyock NC.....to get on the email/security list contact Terry at bz2011ATcox.net (replace the AT with a @) also visit their website at www.blackwatershooters.com
Blackwater will be switching in July 08 to the 4th Sunday.

USPSA (pistol matches with some side shotgun/carbine) York, PA I think these are the 3rd Sunday....to get on the email list contact Howard by email at hkbrtATverizon.net (replace AT with a @).

3gun:

3gun ('outlaw', not USPSA) last Saturday of the month, there's a sticky at the top of this competition forum with contact info etc.

IDPA:

Blue Ridge Arsenal 2nd Wed of the month (indoor match), Contact Blue Ridge Arsenal (http://www.blueridgearsenal.com/) for sign-up (must prepay).

Rivanna Rifle and Pistol Club 3rd Sat of the month contact dvwhiteATmindspring.com (replace the AT with a @).

Cavalier Rifle and Pistol Club 4th Sun of the month contact TwidpaATaol.com (replace AT with a @).

Black Creek IDPA 2nd Sat of the month contact Jim Taylor at jltaylorATcavtel.net (replace AT with a @).

Failure2Stop
01-25-08, 06:13
gotm4-
You're awesome too :)

TY44934
01-28-08, 17:09
Good list Robb!

The NRA also holds monthly IDPA and an "IPSC style" unaffiliated match; once in a blue moon they will hold a 3 gun down there too. For the schedule, call (703) 267-1400 and wait for the schedule info (the shoots fill up quickly).

The website for local USPSA shoots in: www.vamdsection.org

Regards,

D.

ToddG
01-28-08, 17:41
NRA Range has scaled back its competitive events significantly. In January they only held an IDPA match, and in February they are only scheduled to hold an IPSC match.

TY44934
03-04-08, 14:56
NRA Range has scaled back its competitive events significantly. In January they only held an IDPA match, and in February they are only scheduled to hold an IPSC match.

March schedule has been announced for NRA; they are not having any USPSA or IDPA in March. Bummer.

Boss Hogg
03-04-08, 15:36
I was just talking to a friend about the NRA range and how overcrowded it's gotten. Awesome range, but even 5 years ago it was tougher to get a slot in a 3-gun match than it was to get Hannah Montana tickets now.

I hope the talk of expanding it materializes.

DRM
03-31-08, 14:00
We hold TSA (Tactical Shooting Association) matches on the 1st Saturday of each month, March thru November. And our Nationals will be the 3rd weekend in October...

The rule book is only 20 pages, including pictures of the score sheets and target. You can view/download it here:

www.TacticalShootingAssociation.com

Cheers,

D.R. Middlebrooks
Tactical Shooting Academy
www.TacticalShooting.com

CarlosDJackal
04-09-08, 11:13
http://www.rrpc.org

http://www.cavrpc.org/

http://bcidpa.kicks-ass.net/

olivers_AR
05-24-08, 07:53
Looking for IDPA/USPSA/3-gun/Tactical competitions in Virginia during March/ April.

Any interest in getting carpools (NovA/Dulles Airport area) together for some of the June/July/Aug events with gas going above $4/gal?:mad:

Thanks

LukeMacGillie
05-24-08, 08:52
http://home.comcast.net/~prospector01/site/?/event/view/1/

Ive gotten the long range bug and been shooting the monthly modified F Class matches on Quantico.

subzero
05-25-08, 00:46
For March/April 08:

USPSA:
USPSA (pistol matches with side shotgun/carbine) 3rd Sunday. Blackwater at Moyock NC.....to get on the email/security list contact Terry at bz2011ATcox.net (replace the AT with a @) also visit their website at www.blackwatershooters.com

Bee Tee Dub, Blackwater is shifting to the 4th Sunday starting next month, I think. With 2 MD clubs and 1 NoVA club shooting on the 3rd Sunday, Terry said it was a better deal to shoot on the 4th.

Next month is Single Stack month!

VA_Dinger
05-25-08, 17:10
We hold TSA (Tactical Shooting Association) matches on the 1st Saturday of each month, March thru November. And our Nationals will be the 3rd weekend in October...

The rule book is only 20 pages, including pictures of the score sheets and target. You can view/download it here:

www.TacticalShootingAssociation.com

Cheers,

D.R. Middlebrooks
Tactical Shooting Academy
www.TacticalShooting.com

These sound interesting, but your link isn't working.

olivers_AR
05-31-08, 15:57
These sound interesting, but your link isn't working.

I think that this is the link TSA Rulebook (http://www.tacticalshooting.com/association/rulebook.html)

Paul45
06-02-08, 11:54
Roanoke Rifle and Revolver Club has USPSA and Defensive Pistol matches. They also offer other shooting competitions.
http://www.roanokerifle.com/

Perryguy
06-05-08, 09:09
Just a quick thumbs up for the USPSA matches at Fredericksburg. Tino runs a great match and if you volunteer to help set up on Saturday, your match fee is waived. Also, now that USPSA has acquired the Steel Challenge, there are going to be Steel matches at Fredericksburg, loads of fun.

blackscot
07-15-08, 06:21
Rivanna Rifle and Pistol near Charlottesville is having its annual 3-gun "Weapons Master" match this Saturday. I'm hoping to make it.

From the VAIDPA Yahoo group web site:

WeaponsMaster Match: 19 July 2008

Well, it's that time again, the opportunity to test your skills at all three major types of personal firearms: rifle, handgun and shotgun. Following are the rules and procedures for the match, and perhaps a comment or two.

Three shooting disciplines are involved for the match: rifle,handgun and shotgun. IT IS NOT NECESSARY TO SHOOT ALL THREE FIREARMS IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO. If you wish to shoot only handgun, that's fine. Or only shotgun, etc. However, to be eligible for the WeaponsMaster Trophy, you must shoot in all three disciplines.

Handgun: The handgun portion of the match will be run strictly according to IDPA rules and is considered an IDPA event. The top ten finishers will be eligible for possible participation in the Top Gun match in November. Trophies will be awarded in SSP, ESP, CDP, SSR and ESR. Round count will be approximately 50 rounds. HINT: SSR and ESR are the most likely in which to win a individual trophy, but not very competitive for overall WeaponsMaster.

Rifle: Primary targets will be IDPA silhouette targets.. Roundcount will be approximately 50 rounds (but I would bring a bit more, you never know!). Most any rifle/carbine is permitted, but obviously the AR-15/M1A/AK/FAL style of rifle will be most competitive. Trophies will be awarded in Iron Sight and Optics subdivisions. Pistol caliber carbines are permitted. Special requirement in the Rifle Division: Rifles under .30caliber and rifles chambered for pistol rounds will be required to fire three rounds for every two rounds required for rifles of .30 caliber and over.

Shotgun: Primary targets will be stationary clay birds, steel, and IDPA silhouette targets. I don't have official word yet, but the following round count should cover the match: 25 bird shot (#6 or smaller shot), ten 00 Buckshot and 5 slugs. 20 gauge or larger is required. No optics or shotgun speedloaders are permitted. Trophies will be awarded in Pump Action and Semi-Auto Action subdivisions. (Saiga shotguns are in the semi-auto subdivision.)

There will be no mixing of firearms in disciplines. That is, there is no handgun backup in rifle, etc.

There will be no reshoots in any Division except for Safety Officer error or prop malfunction.

The WeaponsMaster Trophy will be awarded to the individual whose combined score from the three disciplines is the lowest. Winnertakes all, THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!

Entry fee: $10 for one discipline, $5 for each additional. Thus,if you enter all three disciplines, the total range fee will be $20.

Registration: Registration will begin at 8:15 am. and will end at 11:00 am. We'll begin shooting at approximately 9:00 am. If you enter more than one discipline, take your scoresheets to EACH discipline BEFORE beginning to shoot. If you are shooting more than just handgun, I suggest you shoot handgun last. We'll be using the GSSF "scoresheets float to the top" method of calling up shooters. I'll not explain it in detail here, but it is a method to get shooters through the whole match as quickly as possible. To the extent that we can, if you arrive first, you'll be done first.

In addition to the match, we will have a swap meet going on during the course of the day. If you have something shooting related that you would like to sell, trade, swap or give away, bring it on out. Private guns sales are ok, but sorry, we don't have the permits for FFL sales. (However, several accessories vendors have expressed a desire to attend, so bring some cash! Friends of NRA will have raffle tickets as well.)

Finally, we will have a cookout during lunch and on into the afternoon. Mostly burgers and hot dogs, maybe other goodies as well. Sodas and water. And, the price will be right, FREE. Just a little way to thank everyone for participating in IDPA at Rivanna this year.

Well, there it is. I'm sure I'm forgetting something, if it's anything major I will send a followup communication. This is a fun event with a little something for everyone, so come on out and enjoy 8^)

For further info on the range (location, directions, etc.), see: http://www.rrpc.org/