PDA

View Full Version : And I thought Scottsdale was like Mayberry...

Hogsgunwild
06-27-12, 05:54
You would think this officer was in Compton with seven shootings (six fatal) in ten years. Quite a badass...

http://www.azcentral.com/community/scottsdale/articles/2012/06/22/20120622board-grants-disability-scottsdale-officer-involved-fatal-shootings-abrk.html

VooDoo6Actual
06-27-12, 08:38
Wow,
God bless him !

FromMyColdDeadHand
06-27-12, 12:33
How many people have Scottsdale police shot in the last 10 years?

Did he have six skull and cross bones on the door of his cruiser?

He has to have some kind of national record for this.

And with 85.7% kill rate, it just begs the question- what caliber was he using???????

LHS
06-27-12, 13:11
Y'all have obviously never been to south Scottsdale. It's all titty bars, sex shops, liquor stores and cheap apartments. It's not all Paradise Valley-lite.

feedramp
06-27-12, 13:30
Can see two sides to this.
That's gotta be rough for him and it would be nice to allow him to recover in a less stressful role/job from the burden of 7 shootings.
On the other hand, if we retired every officer who shot 7 perps, we'd quickly run out of officers. And we don't want to encourage officers to shoot 7 perps to get early retirement. :D

CarlosDJackal
06-27-12, 15:03
Can see two sides to this... On the other hand, if we retired every officer who shot 7 perps, we'd quickly run out of officers. And we don't want to encourage officers to shoot 7 perps to get early retirement. :D

There is such a small number of Officers who have actually been involved in Officer Involved Shootings (OISs); and even a smaller number that have been involved in half a dozen OISs that this is a non issue. :rolleyes:

Hogsgunwild
06-27-12, 16:07
That's gotta be rough for him and it would be nice to allow him to recover in a less stressful role/job from the burden of 7 shootings.
On the other hand, if we retired every officer who shot 7 perps, we'd quickly run out of officers. And we don't want to encourage officers to shoot 7 perps to get early retirement. :D

I was thinking about that too. Even if every shooting was perfectly righteous (I only say that to be empathetic to the officer because it seems that it would be difficult if not impossible to use perfect judgement seven times in a row considering all of the stress, time constraints / fast judgement calls required and many variables, plus he should err on the side of his safety if needed in my opinion), the officer must carry a huge weight around after all of the liability and stress that he has encountered.

I would guess that there are not a large percentage of Scottsdale officers that have had to kill or even get into gunfights in Scottsdale,
that is what really caught my eye about this link.

LHS
06-27-12, 18:39
I was thinking about that too. Even if every shooting was perfectly righteous (I only say that to be empathetic to the officer because it seems that it would be difficult if not impossible to use perfect judgement seven times in a row considering all of the stress, time constraints / fast judgement calls required and many variables, plus he should err on the side of his safety if needed in my opinion), the officer must carry a huge weight around after all of the liability and stress that he has encountered.

I would guess that there are not a large percentage of Scottsdale officers that have had to kill or even get into gunfights in Scottsdale,
that is what really caught my eye about this link.

Keep in mind he was also SWAT, so he was in high-risk situations more often than average.

Redmanfms
06-27-12, 19:01
But, how many dogs has he shot?

:jester: J/K

If allowing every officer that has been in this many OIS incidents really places a drain on manpower I'd really have to start questioning the departments' use of force policies. I know a couple guys who retired from NYPD and were on the force during the '70s and '80s who never drew their service sidearms during their careers. Anecdotal sure, but I have trouble believing this man's case is anything but rare, and as such is deserving of an early retirement.

Moose-Knuckle
06-27-12, 19:11
If allowing every officer that has been in this many OIS incidents really places a drain on manpower I'd really have to start questioning the departments' use of force policies. I know a couple guys who retired from NYPD and were on the force during the '70s and '80s who never drew their service sidearms during their careers.

I'm not sure if its a "record" but the late Jim Cirillo had 17 OIS's under his belt with a particular NYPD unit back during the "Deathwish" days.

Packman73
06-27-12, 21:41
It's the wild west baby.

Hogsgunwild
06-27-12, 22:35
Keep in mind he was also SWAT, so he was in high-risk situations more often than average.

I thought about that and it is a good point as I think it could be a large part of it. Even the SWAT guys don't always blow a ton of douche bags away but it has to increase their chances.

feedramp
06-27-12, 22:48

Belmont31R
06-27-12, 22:53
Really? Regarding the hypothetical, I wouldn't. I'd think that might mean they actually have no-nonsense policies vs the lawyer-fearing policies generally in place.

Are you serious? I know a number of LEO's and even in big departments its rare. Not talking about tasers or pepper spray. Actually shooting another human being.

No one cares about "hypothetical". MOST LEO will never shoot at someone.

Honu
06-27-12, 23:23
work for 12 years then retire making over 50 K ?
not sure as a taxpayer I like that really ?

I guess he wont be getting another job like so many ! sorry to rain on the parade but thats a lot of money to be making after just 12 years on retirement and we wonder why cities and towns are going bankrupt

when I was in the FD I knew what I was signing up for ? most police I know signed up for the job knowing what they do

DireWulf
06-27-12, 23:36
I know Officer Peters. I was an academy instructor when he went through ALEA. I also attended various inter-agency training programs with him and worked with him on various task force assignments. He is very deserving of this retirement. He has a lot more experience in his 12 years on the job than any ten cops I can name. I will leave it at that.

For those of you who may think Scottsdale is some kind of country club: Phoenix in the fifth largest city in the United States and Scottsdale shares a large border with it and overlaps into some areas that could best be described as in need of urban renewal. They deal with just as much crap from the thousands of documented street gangs in the Phoenix metro area as any other agency there does. The whole area is rife with meth and all manner of other drugs. The place might as well be an open air weapons market for the sheer volume of firepower that can be brought to bear on law enforcement.

Ghost__1
06-28-12, 00:00
Not trying to bust anyone balls here as I am am aspiring Leo former military but aren't the pension plans relatively close.

I think the main argument against this is going to be about that connection. Fairly certain that the majority if soldiers in combat arms MOS`from 01 to present have slung steel at that many bgs. Again not trying to downplay his accomplishments but it goes along with my philosophy about anyone who's usually sacrificed for a greater cause. "why the **** are you special"

Hogsgunwild
06-28-12, 00:11

I guess he wont be getting another job like so many ! sorry to rain on the parade but thats a lot of money to be making after just 12 years on retirement and we wonder why cities and towns are going bankrupt

when I was in the FD I knew what I was signing up for ? most police I know signed up for the job knowing what they do

If he shot seven DESERVING turds in twelve years, I don't mind paying for his retirement. I live here, so, I will be paying for it.

Hogsgunwild
06-28-12, 00:15
I know Officer Peters. I was an academy instructor when he went through ALEA. I also attended various inter-agency training programs with him and worked with him on various task force assignments. He is very deserving of this retirement. He has a lot more experience in his 12 years on the job than any ten cops I can name. I will leave it at that.

For those of you who may think Scottsdale is some kind of country club: Phoenix in the fifth largest city in the United States and Scottsdale shares a large border with it and overlaps into some areas that could best be described as in need of urban renewal. They deal with just as much crap from the thousands of documented street gangs in the Phoenix metro area as any other agency there does. The whole area is rife with meth and all manner of other drugs. The place might as well be an open air weapons market for the sheer volume of firepower that can be brought to bear on law enforcement.

Great point. Lots of rich kids with more time and money to get into more stuff than many places (check who is in the rehab centers).
And it does border near some nasty crowds.

Hogsgunwild
06-28-12, 00:43
Not trying to bust anyone balls here as I am am aspiring Leo former military but aren't the pension plans relatively close.

I think the main argument against this is going to be about that connection. Fairly certain that the majority if soldiers in combat arms MOS`from 01 to present have slung steel at that many bgs. Again not trying to downplay his accomplishments but it goes along with my philosophy about anyone who's usually sacrificed for a greater cause. "why the **** are you special"

Probably only due to the exposure. He is in our backyard with the media (and lawyers) watching. The troops are easily as deserving, no doubt and no discernment there. This LEO just stands out among LEOs due to his history / achievements standing above the norm for LEOs.

DireWulf
06-28-12, 01:16

Walk in his shoes. His retirement is disability related. Does the article mention that he's been retired due to physical injuries? No. Try killing nearly a dozen people at bad breath range and see if you "knew what you were getting into." I'm sorry, but your time as a firefighter does not at all qualify you to comment on having to kill human beings at close range, repeatedly. No more than my time as a Marine and Police Officer qualifies me to comment on how you attack a fire. Your tax dollars were well spent, sir. Officer Peters stood on the line and took what was thrown at him. He's spent. He needs help and he asked for it in the form of disability. Some would call asking for help a sign of strength.

montanadave
06-28-12, 07:53
Walk in his shoes. His retirement is disability related. Does the article mention that he's been retired due to physical injuries? No. Try killing nearly a dozen people at bad breath range and see if you "knew what you were getting into." I'm sorry, but your time as a firefighter does not at all qualify you to comment on having to kill human beings at close range, repeatedly. No more than my time as a Marine and Police Officer qualifies me to comment on how you attack a fire. Your tax dollars were well spent, sir. Officer Peters stood on the line and took what was thrown at him. He's spent. He needs help and he asked for it in the form of disability. Some would call asking for help a sign of strength.

Absolutely.

I hope he serves as an example to others that a man can be an outstanding officer who has "walked the walk" and still acknowledge he needs some assistance without being labeled as some kind of pussy who couldn't hack it.

Honu
06-28-12, 08:05
If he shot seven DESERVING turds in twelve years, I don't mind paying for his retirement. I live here, so, I will be paying for it.

yup and I am paying for it to !
again never said he did not deserve it ?
never said it did not traumatize him to the point he cant work ?

did I !!!

I am saying for fact its why towns and cities are going bankrupt
if he is truly that messed up I feel for him !
if he mainly is so messed up he can never do anything I again feel for him and fine with that ?
but that is a lot of money to be paying out for the rest of his life from tax payers !

man to bad people cant say what they want and have a opinion anymore with out being attacked !

Ghost__1
06-28-12, 08:24

did I !!!

if he mainly is so messed up he can never do anything I again feel for him and fine with that ?
but that is a lot of money to be paying out for the rest of his life from tax payers !

man to bad people cant say what they want and have a opinion anymore with out being attacked !

You can state your opinion at any time sir. The attacks started with the internet. Its generally accepted that my opinion is better than yours. :) Real question is why do you give a shit?

I will say God bless this guy and if I could finagle an early retirement of that statue our anybody for that matter I would in a heartbeat no matter what anyone said.

Honu
06-28-12, 08:25

you are so ignorant ! you have no clue what I have seen in my life !
typical of people here recently !

maybe here FF only attack fires ? not where I was mostly medic calls ! and some fires
a lot of FF get to see and deal with gnarly stuff

I cant have that opinion ?

maybe next time just say sorry I dont agree with you ! and leave it at that !

Honu
06-28-12, 08:49
You can state your opinion at any time sir. The attacks started with the internet. Its generally accepted that my opinion is better than yours. :) Real question is why do you give a shit?

I will say God bless this guy and if I could finagle an early retirement of that statue our anybody for that matter I would in a heartbeatno matter what anyone said.

cause I pay taxes is why I care :)

again I did not say HE was the problem ! I am just saying it is becoming a problem !
I am sure HE deserves it but I guess some who like you finagle their way into it DO NOT deserve it !

yup I am to old !
I guess in my days you got a desk job or retired early with way less pay !

again it was not against HIM their are lots of people that go through a lot of trauma in the Fire Dept and the Police Dept but I am amazed at after just 12 years he is making that much ? is that bad for me to think WOW thats a lot of pension after 12 years on the force !
that never would have happened in the past it seems ? many would have gotten less

if he is really that messed up mentally I feel for him big time !
and he truly cant do any work anywhere ! yes he deserves it

if anything I think more money should be going to our vets who are coming home with a lot more trauma and a lot less pay !

Dennis
06-28-12, 09:24
6K's in 7 OIS in 12 years is an incredible number for domestic LE in any city and from what I have seen any copper approaching that number would have been benched or worse much earlier.

Maybe this guy had a huge run of bad luck and deserves a medical retirement or maybe his medical is somewhat or totally unrelated to his OIS's and likely private medical information.

Otherwise, it seems silly to debate what we don't know.

Dennis.

CarlosDJackal
06-28-12, 10:24
I'm not sure if its a "record" but the late Jim Cirillo had 17 OIS's under his belt with a particular NYPD unit back during the "Deathwish" days.

He was also one of the original (reluctant) members of the NYPD "Stakeout Squad" which was formed to counter the increased number of violent murders committed by armed robbers.

I met and got to talk to Jim at the Pittsburgh NRA Convention a while back. I wanted to try and bring him to teach a handgun course in my area but could never find enough participants. May he RIP.

feedramp
06-28-12, 11:15
Are you serious? I know a number of LEO's and even in big departments its rare.

You misunderstand. I am saying that I wouldn't assume the policy is at fault just because an officer had to shoot suspects.
Also the hypothetical was presented by the fellow I quoted, so I was responding to it.

Ghost__1
06-28-12, 11:34
cause I pay taxes is why I care :)

again I did not say HE was the problem ! I am just saying it is becoming a problem !
I am sure HE deserves it but I guess some who like you finagle their way into it DO NOT deserve it !

yup I am to old !
I guess in my days you got a desk job or retired early with way less pay !

again it was not against HIM their are lots of people that go through a lot of trauma in the Fire Dept and the Police Dept but I am amazed at after just 12 years he is making that much ? is that bad for me to think WOW thats a lot of pension after 12 years on the force !
that never would have happened in the past it seems ? many would have gotten less

if he is really that messed up mentally I feel for him big time !
and he truly cant do any work anywhere ! yes he deserves it

if anything I think more money should be going to our vets who are coming home with a lot more trauma and a lot less pay !

Whoa guy I'm actually on your side. I'm saying why do you give a care why he doesn't agree. Like my first post in this thread stated. Why its he special over the thousands of soldiers out there with the same amount or more engagements with bad guys in less time then he had got. Someone answered it really well with because he got media exposure.

Also if your claiming I'm some sort of cheapskate to finagle a retirement I think you heard me wrong. FF our not you sir have no idea of what I have done and really hate to bring that up to you but i've contributed more to this society than what you would believe. Ya hyppiecritisizer. Have fun its the internet dude. That was a joke if you didn't catch that.

Raven Armament
06-28-12, 12:09
you are so ignorant ! you have no clue what I have seen in my life !
typical of people here recently !

maybe here FF only attack fires ? not where I was mostly medic calls ! and some fires
a lot of FF get to see and deal with gnarly stuff

I cant have that opinion ?

maybe next time just say sorry I dont agree with you ! and leave it at that !
Big difference between fires/gnarly medical stuff with little to no threat to your life and someone actively trying to kill you with gunfire. My father was an EMT and FF. It's a cakewalk compared to street combat as a police officer.

~$54K per year is probably about equal to his salary and the pension benefits setup by his employer. If you don't agree with that amount being paid, you should elect city officials that are willing to trim these things back in their wage and pension benefit plan.

Hogsgunwild
06-28-12, 12:18

did I !!!

No sir, there was no intention of an "attack". I simply stated an opinion that was slightly contrary to yours. Are you the only person in this thread entitled to an opinion? Of course not.

You have made some valid points but a debate is not to be taken so personally. My idea of an attack is getting sucker punched in the side of the head not someone's contrary opinion on the internet.

Hogsgunwild
06-28-12, 12:24

There is nothing ignorant about this. This was stated very eloquently, empathetically and humbly. It was extremely well worded and right to the point.

Honu
06-28-12, 15:20
OK Sorry then I hear ya on the soldiers ! big time

I think the other statement of walk in his shoes honestly got me so fuming mad my head blew off :) and I should have walked away ! I am sorry

Whoa guy I'm actually on your side. I'm saying why do you give a care why he doesn't agree. Like my first post in this thread stated. Why its he special over the thousands of soldiers out there with the same amount or more engagements with bad guys in less time then he had got. Someone answered it really well with because he got media exposure.

Also if your claiming I'm some sort of cheapskate to finagle a retirement I think you heard me wrong. FF our not you sir have no idea of what I have done and really hate to bring that up to you but i've contributed more to this society than what you would believe. Ya hyppiecritisizer. Have fun its the internet dude. That was a joke if you didn't catch that.

Honu
06-28-12, 15:51
Big difference between fires/gnarly medical stuff with little to no threat to your life and someone actively trying to kill you with gunfire. My father was an EMT and FF. It's a cakewalk compared to street combat as a police officer.

~$54K per year is probably about equal to his salary and the pension benefits setup by his employer. If you don't agree with that amount being paid, you should elect city officials that are willing to trim these things back in their wage and pension benefit plan.

and yes in your eyes its a cake walk !

9/11 FDNY lost 340 souls
NYPD lost 23 souls

yeah a firefighters job sure is cakewalk go tell that to the families

stats are so close for both jobs have a dif kind of stress and danger on both is very high and death rate is about the same for both jobs !

and both jobs dont face that danger daily !
yes every stop has the potential and lucky most are routine
every time a FF jumps on that rig to a call it has potential lucky most are routine
all the LEO I know dont face firefights daily we know they are very rare !
just like involved fires are very rare these days and having to rescue victims are rare these days but it does happen to both and not sure one is more dangerous in that form than the other !
running into a building that is on fire to find people
vs getting in a gun fight both are dangerous beyond what most people face
again lucky both are rare

this poor officer sadly was the guy that has that luck like mine that happened to be on the worst of the worst calls !

I never questioned his integrity or honor or service etc..

purely if he can do other things or not ? all our vets come home and are going to have to get other jobs and dont get to retire ! I wish their was enough money but their is not !

and like many who claim !!! and he did face and deal with lots of bad crap but many cry OH my back and then go get other jobs and you see them doing construction etc... when they are out on %100 !!! again I am not saying he is !! but it brings up the point many do this these days !

theblackknight
06-28-12, 16:14
This thread is silly.On top of all this disability, I'd like to buy him a beer.

Hogsgunwild
06-28-12, 21:22
I had seen a TV news story with the Dad of a young Marine that had been killed by the Scottsdale police recently. This made me wonder if it happened to be Officer Peters. It is a sad story with no winners in the end. Sounded like the Marine got too drunk to perhaps know what he was doing? I know that is no excuse, but, I also know of some of the stupid shit that I would have never done if I wasn't so wasted way back when. So it turns out it was not Officer Peters, they only discussed it because it was the second time in three weeks that there was an OIS.

Reading this article, it sounds like Officer Peters made a lot of sound decisions over his career and rid Scottsdale of some people that either didn't need or perhaps didn't want (the lawyer) to be here.

Great job on wasting Loxas. He can burn in hell for doing such stupid shit while he is supposed to be watching over his nine month old grandson.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/scottsdale/articles/2012/02/15/20120215shooting-seventh-scottsdale-police-officer.html

Belmont31R
06-28-12, 21:29

You misunderstand. I am saying that I wouldn't assume the policy is at fault just because an officer had to shoot suspects.
Also the hypothetical was presented by the fellow I quoted, so I was responding to it.

Just mainly perplexed by the part in red. As I said I know a number of officers and the part I highlighted is absurd when MOST officers in the US will never shoot someone let alone "run out of officers".

Im pretty well known here for being gov critical but Ill gladly allow our local government here in the city or county let this type of guy (7 OIS) off the hook to meet retirement qualifications early. Im not faulting the local gov there at this guys early retirement but your statement that if we allowed every officer to retire early we'd run out out of officers. Consering the vast majority will never shoot anyone your statement is stupid.

feedramp
06-28-12, 21:32

Belmont31R
06-28-12, 21:38
Well first, there's nothing in red at the moment in what you quoted, so it's a bit unclear which part you're referring to.
And second, the last statement in the first post of mine that you quoted was an attempt at humor, hence the big-grin emoticon. So if that's what you're referring to and calling stupid, it wasn't even a completely serious statement to begin with.

Fixed.

C-grunt
06-28-12, 23:29
Officer Peters was one of my instructors at the academy. Kinda. After his 6th shooting his dept sent him to the academy to get him off the streets because he was getting some really bad press locally by a few journalists. He wasnt one of my main instructors but he did teach a few classes.

At that time, about 5 years ago, I could tell that the whole ordeal was taking a toll on him. Not necessarily the shootings but more the local media labeling him "the murderer of Scottsdale".

All of his shootings were ruled good shoots and he even got a medal for one when he shot a hostage taker at a local grocery store. I believe the victim and the victims family really pushed for that one.

Another thing to consider is that he was on their "SWAT" team. Scottsdale doesnt have a very big dept so unlike Phoenix their SWAT guys also patrol and keep an ear out for the potentially violent stuff. It is very easy for that dept to have its first responding officers to be SWAT guys.

Also Phoenix PD has several officers that have been in multiple shootings, especially our SAU (swat) teams. In the kidnapping capital of the US, second to MX city in the world, and the center of the drug pipeline, we have a lot of violent bad guys.

Hogsgunwild
06-29-12, 11:24
Thanks C-grunt. I wish Officer Peters the best. I would like to go through
a local handgun or handgun / carbine class taught by someone with his level of training and experiences. Perhaps we will get lucky and he will offer courses around here. I would pay top dollar for that.

Figures the media shit on him for doing his job. Not only doing his job but doing it in an exemplary and even heroic manner.

Reminds me of the theme of half of the cheesy cowboy movies ever written (even good ones like Tombstone): Good guy with exceptional abilities comes along and cleans up the bad guys / fixes the towns problem as they told him to, and then they turn around and try to get rid of him because "we can't have people like him around".

****ing sheeple...

CarlosDJackal
06-29-12, 11:53
... if anything I think more money should be going to our vets who are coming home with a lot more trauma and a lot less pay !

As usual, a comment made in ignorance. As a frame of reference, could you enlighten us on how many OISs you were involved in. I must point out that you are making broad sweeping declarations on why they deemed their decision to allow Officer Peters an early retirement under disability without knowing all the facts.

I must also point out that there are differences between the long-lasting trauma by an Officer who was involved in a shooting versus one our Soldiers experience from Combat. How do I know? In 9-years of Law Enforcement experience and over 28-years of combined military service; I have worked with individuals who have experience both of these. To a man, they have indicated that dealing with the aftermath of an OIS is much more stressful and longer lasting than Combat.

The reason for this is simple. An OIS occurs much closer to home. The victims and even sometimes the subjects who are involved in an OIS remind them of their own families and friends. In some instances they are.

So why don't you quit digging yourself deeper and just show some compassion to an Officer that has not only served his community above and beyond; but has had to publicly deal with the "Mark of Cain".

To me personally your opinion on this matter means as much as obama's. FWIW.

Honu
06-29-12, 13:39
yeah the press are idiots for the most part !

the number of OIS that I have been in does not matter ?
silly question to ask to try to discount my opinion ! read olinsky do ya :)
I have friends that have and never had issues and some it did bother ! every person I know deals with it different ?
just like vets that came back from combat with some heavy issues ! and some that have not ?
I think each case you have to take on its own !
I wish we could help those out more who did see heavy combat !

you have twisted what I said into your own issue trying to say I have no compassion for him which I never thought ! let alone said !

As usual, a comment made in ignorance. As a frame of reference, could you enlighten us on how many OISs you were involved in. I must point out that you are making broad sweeping declarations on why they deemed their decision to allow Officer Peters an early retirement under disability without knowing all the facts.

I must also point out that there are differences between the long-lasting trauma by an Officer who was involved in a shooting versus one our Soldiers experience from Combat. How do I know? In 9-years of Law Enforcement experience and over 28-years of combined military service; I have worked with individuals who have experience both of these. To a man, they have indicated that dealing with the aftermath of an OIS is much more stressful and longer lasting than Combat.

The reason for this is simple. An OIS occurs much closer to home. The victims and even sometimes the subjects who are involved in an OIS remind them of their own families and friends. In some instances they are.

So why don't you quit digging yourself deeper and just show some compassion to an Officer that has not only served his community above and beyond; but has had to publicly deal with the "Mark of Cain".

Ghost__1
06-29-12, 20:05

Really? Really? You've worked with people that "say" that one is worse then the other. I think that it would really depend on who you talked to but on account that I don't know them and don't know you I will dismiss this entire statement. Ignorance at best.

On another note if we do the math it probably costs the system over $50,000/yr to keep these bad guys in prison so the way I look at it with 6 bg taken out he's saved the people more than he's taking so have at it guy.

Hogsgunwild
06-29-12, 20:21
I guess this naked carjacker definitely ruined my Mayberry image of Scottsdale:

http://www.azfamily.com/news/Carjacking-suspect-collides-with-several-vehicles-in-Scottsdale-160888415.html

I saw a nasty wreck over on Shea Blvd different from the ones pictured in the link. It was caused by birthday-suit-boy as well.
He also caused a pregnant lady two broken legs. She and the baby are OK otherwise.

I turned on the news when I got home at 05:00 PM because over a dozen cruisers had about a half a mile of Shea closed down. I had about a fifteen minute detour while trying to get one of our Shepherds to the vet due to this asshole. Too bad my dog couldn't have played with this idiot.