PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on an EZ9

camoman
06-27-12, 20:03
I am looking to trade my Ruger p94 for something a bit more ballanced, and comfortable. My local gun store has a Zastava EZ9, Which I think is a SIG clone. I really like this ez9 alot, so I asked if a trade would be possible. The owner said he would trade, but I would have to kick him $100 plus the p94. Would this be a terrible deal? What I do know is that I like it much more than my Ruger or brick 94. What should I do?

loupav
06-27-12, 20:27
Why don't you do yourself a favor and get a used Glock, or used USP? Get something from a reputable manufacturer, it may cost a bit more, but hence the saying "buy once cry once."

Good luck.

camoman
06-27-12, 20:35
Why don't you do yourself a favor and get a used Glock, or used USP? Get something from a reputable manufacturer, it may cost a bit more, but hence the saying "buy once cry once."

Good luck.

I already have a G22, that I would never part with. I just really don't like my p94, and want to try something else, without paying too much...money is kind of tight.

John Fritz
06-27-12, 20:53
I bought one of those EZ9s from Buds back when they were going for I think $330.00 and I liked that gun a lot!

There aren't really any aftermarket parts for them but there is a cool forum that a guy runs. Here is the link for it (http://www.cz99.org/board/index.php?sid=ea0721ca6bd7aec4fdcb1bdb2da3990b). CZ99.org, why don't you do a little reading before you make that deal and see what you think.

My gun was stolen so I didn't get to put too many rounds through it but the bit of shooting I did do with it was great.

camoman
06-27-12, 21:01
Thanks for the info, I'll do some reading.

loupav
06-28-12, 08:55
You can always try keeping your eyes peeled in the classified section. You never know what gems might come up!

Good luck!

brickboy240
06-28-12, 10:27
You could sell the P94 and another 100 bucks or so will probably get you a nice police trade in Glock 22 or 17.

I'd do that long before I bought an Iron Curtain SIG copy of iffy quality.

- brickboy240

camoman
06-28-12, 13:14
You could sell the P94 and another 100 bucks or so will probably get you a nice police trade in Glock 22 or 17.

I'd do that long before I bought an Iron Curtain SIG copy of iffy quality.

- brickboy240

I already have a G22. This is not a duty weapon. Just curious...have you ever owned a com-bloc weapon? I have owned, and still own quite a few, and none of them have ever been un-serviceable....un-refined...yes...garbage...no. Actually...they have all worked flawless. I don't think anyone should pass judgment without experience. After doing some research, I found that these are made by Zastava arms, and imported by Arsenal. I really don't think that Arsenal imports anything but the best com-bloc weapons. The only thing that is iffy for me...is parts...I can service it myself. I know from researching that both Beretta 92 and Sig 226 mags can be made to work easily, with a window cut out for the ambi mag release on one side of the mag. Even though, the Ruger is a reliable, serviceable pistol. It feels to awkward in my hand, top heavy, un-balanced, and just plain un-natural for me to point and shoot, for me to ever be satisfied with it. The EZ9 on the other hand...has a-lot better fit and finish, feels much more natural to point, Is much more comfortable, and does not remind me of a brick...like the Ruger. I only paid 325 I think...for the Ruger in the first place...and the gun shop is gonna give me 300 for a used Ruger....I just don't feel like I'm losing much in the deal.

Trajan
06-28-12, 13:37
If money is tight, why not just sell the Ruger and use the money for ammo and training?

camoman
06-28-12, 14:10
I guess I just posted on the wrong forum. I was just looking for people with personal exp. with the EZ9...trying to research before I made a trade...If I wanted to be talked out of a deal...by people with absolutely no exp. with the said gun...I would have called my mother:mad: I am not selling the Ruger for ammo and training...because I already train quite often...also have 30000+ rds of .40 for the g22...I also have 2000+ 9mm rounds...that after I would sell the Ruger...would not have a purpose.

brickboy240
06-28-12, 14:12
I have seen police trade W. German P226s for sale in the 400-450 range.

That is not much more than the EZ9 and your trade money. A little more gets you a world of a better gun.

Save a little more and get the real deal. If you have never shot or owned a W. German SIG...you are in for a treat. I have three.

Then, mags and parts will be no problem at all.

- brickboy240

PS: I have a Bulgarian Mararov and it is not junk but not quite in the category of a W. German SIG or Glock.

camoman
06-28-12, 14:45
I know what your saying about the police trade ins...my problem with that is you are getting a in some cases heavily used side arm, that if they are refurbed by Sig...with a warranty would be fine....but are they? I don't want a Sig or any side arm, that has been abused for years, and not rebuilt, with no warranty. Especially when there are people on other forums that, have had exp. with both weapons...and the only thing I could find searching the forums, that the sig was completely superior with was the fit and finish... which is not the most important thing to me....but still the fit and finish is superior to the Ruger...by far.

Microalign
06-28-12, 15:20
I guess I just posted on the wrong forum. I was just looking for people with personal exp. with the EZ9...trying to research before I made a trade...If I wanted to be talked out of a deal...by people with absolutely no exp. with the said gun...I would have called my mother:mad: I am not selling the Ruger for ammo and training...because I already train quite often...also have 30000+ rds of .40 for the g22...I also have 2000+ 9mm rounds...that after I would sell the Ruger...would not have a purpose.

If you have shot 30k or more rounds of .40 in your G22, then you have gone through $9k to $10k worth of ammo. Pinching pennies over a couple of hundred bucks seems like sweating the small stuff to me. If it were me, I wouldn't buy from a little known firearms manufacturer with an unknown product service history.

camoman
06-28-12, 15:35
Sorry...that is a typo, I didn't even notice till now. I added 1 to many 0's to that round count.

Trajan
06-28-12, 16:05

This is why standardizing your calibers is important. Sell the 9mm and buy more .40; or sell your .40, G22, and Ruger, and buy a G17.

Either way, pick a caliber, a platform, and shoot the hell out of it.

warpigM-4
06-28-12, 16:21
.Buy it shoot it and report back On it .

06-28-12, 22:24
...also have 30000+ rds of .40 for the g22..

Pics?

I'm not calling you out or anything, I just like to see big stashes like this.

ETA: even if it's 3,000 now, I'd still like to see it.

helothar
06-29-12, 00:52
I made the mistake of buying a Charles Daly ZDA (EZ9 imported by a different company) before I made the smart decision to get a glock. I put about 200 rounds through it including taking my carry permit course with it where I had a FTE during the qualification.

If you do some searching on this forum you can find that people who are issued these guns (CZ99/999) in Iraq/Afghanistan do not care for them.

In short, lack of positive reviews from people who use them in harsh environments + no aftermarket support for sights/holsters/parts = better choices out there

camoman
06-29-12, 10:46
I have just decided to try a Houge grip on my P94...and see how it feels, before I get rid of it. Thanks everyone.