PDA

View Full Version : DSA Trident or PWS Triad?

Brian Brazier
06-28-12, 15:18
I was thinking about swapping my A2 flash hider for a PWS Triad, then I came across the DSA Trident. Both are simliar in design, and are suppose to do the same thing. I cant find much info on either, anyone running either of these? It will be going on a 16 in Carbine.

VIP3R 237
06-28-12, 15:25
No experience with the dsa, but I run a triad on my 6920 and its pretty nice, very good at controlling muzzle rise and flash.

jstyer
06-28-12, 15:57
I'm super happy with my triad. I haven't ever used the Trident.

SomeOtherGuy
06-28-12, 16:03
I am using two of the 5.56 Triads and I have a DSA Trident on a DSA 300BLK upper.

The DSA Trident is a pure flash hider, very similar to an AAC Blackout or SEI Vortex (both of which are very similar to a Steyr STG-58 flash hider) in its design. It should be very effective on flash, although I don't know of any test results specific to it. I haven't used that one at night.

The PWS Triad is both a flash hider and a comp. They claim that it greatly reduces muzzle rise, and my personal use agrees. One review I've read said it had too much downward push, but for me it's about right. YMMV. I've used it in dim light several times without seeing any flash (and one of those times I could see flash from an A2 while using the same ammo), but have not used it indoors or in total darkness. The Triad does NOT ring, in my experience, which is a common issue with pronged devices.

However, I also have to say that after spending hundreds of dollars playing with muzzle devices, I have come to agree with statements of some others here that the A2 is the right choice for most people. IMHO the Triad is a little better than the A2 on both flash and compensation, but you're paying an extra $57-60 for a modest benefit.

Brian Brazier
06-28-12, 16:19
However, I also have to say that after spending hundreds of dollars playing with muzzle devices, I have come to agree with statements of some others here that the A2 is the right choice for most people. IMHO the Triad is a little better than the A2 on both flash and compensation, but you're paying an extra $57-60 for a modest benefit.

Thanks everyone for the replies, Someotherguy that is a problem I wrestle with on a few parts, in the end I might try the PWS Triad because they do have the money back guarantee.

BwanaG
06-28-12, 20:30
I run a Triad on My LMT 10.5 upper and find it perfect for the application. I was surprised at how much it helped control muzzle rise and flash. I was skeptical in the beginning but now I am sold.

Brian Brazier
07-02-12, 12:14
Looks like I will have to pickup a Triad