PDA

View Full Version : M&P9 locking block pin walking out

kingkroupa
06-28-12, 23:27
I initially had this issue pop up during a Redback One course about a month ago, and it has gotten even worse. During a course with Mike Seeklander over the past weekend it has gotten much worse. After about 20 rounds the pin starts walking out and by 50-60 rounds it sticks out bad enough that it won't even go into the holster. It always walks out of the right hand side of the gun. I usually just tap it back in with the back of my pocket knife but can't quit figure out what is causing it and subsequently how to fix it. It started around the 300 round mark. Any ideas? :moil:

ralph
06-29-12, 07:01
Replace with NEW coil pin..Had the same thing happen to me, I replaced the pin and it hasn't happened since.

bdcheung
06-29-12, 07:37
Where can we get replacement pins for the M&P series?

C4IGrant
06-29-12, 08:22

From S&W.

C4

USA
06-29-12, 09:10

Or order from Speed Shooter Specialties, but you'll have to pay for them.

As I just wanted to have spares in case my M&P ever went down, which hasn't happened so far, I wanted to have spares on hand to fix any issues immediately and didn't feel right trying to get the spares for free from S&W since nothing was wrong with my M&P.

G&R has spares too, but maybe not the coil pins. :)

BGREID
06-30-12, 18:43
Have you taken the gun apart? If it is not the coil spring but the one with the nail head, there is a retaining spring that likes to fall off and get lost.

Whiskey_Bravo
06-30-12, 19:39

Brownells has them as well. I just ordered a bunch of spare parts today, including a couple of pins.

They even had the frame plugs in stock(nobody has had these in stock since I have started looking), so I order a couple of sets of those.

smitty704
06-30-12, 23:20
Or order from Speed Shooter Specialties, but you'll have to pay for them.

As I just wanted to have spares in case my M&P ever went down, which hasn't happened so far, I wanted to have spares on hand to fix any issues immediately and didn't feel right trying to get the spares for free from S&W since nothing was wrong with my M&P.

G&R has spares too, but maybe not the coil pins. :)

Agreed about Speed shooter specialties. I ordered the frame plugs for my 45c a year ago from them. They have lots of stuff for the M&P line.

Hogsgunwild
07-01-12, 08:23
The take-down lever is the one with the little retaining spring near it that likes to get away.

The coil pin is just a roll pin. If you can't get a new one quickly enough or even if you can, all you have to do is take something like a nail or a punch and tap it into the end of the roll pin (when it is removed from the gun!) just enough to widen one end out a hair. I would put the smaller end into the gun from the left side of the gun pushing it to the right. If it still isn't snug, repeat as necessary.

mike benedict
07-01-12, 08:54
here is an easy fix that I use

put a dab of fingernail polish on the shaft of the pin

It will not walk out again and it is still easy to remove