PDA

View Full Version : good night sights for benelli m1s90 hk import

drkhrt532
06-30-12, 11:00
I got an hk import of the m1 s90 that needs new night sights. The old trijicons died out years ago.
The sights, including the rear are mounted foward on the barrel. The rear is a dovetail configuration.
I'm looking at some discounted Kimber sights for the shotgun, but its a ghost ring rear dovetail mount. They say its for the m1s90, but is a ghost ring made to be that far foward i.e., on the barrel?

Noodles
07-02-12, 16:16
I got an hk import of the m1 s90 that needs new night sights. The old trijicons died out years ago.
The sights, including the rear are mounted foward on the barrel. The rear is a dovetail configuration.
I'm looking at some discounted Kimber sights for the shotgun, but its a ghost ring rear dovetail mount. They say its for the m1s90, but is a ghost ring made to be that far foward i.e., on the barrel?

I'm dealing with pretty much the same thing (on the same gun) right now.

I have an HK m1s90 I just picked up from my parents. Same rifle sights. What I've determined is that pretty much the only options are\

Live with it.
Consider painting the front sight with orange or luminescent paint.
Drill out the front for tritium or fiber optic.
Or swap barrels to a ghost ring site configuration (expect to pay $400).

As for your question... I have that setup on my Saiga with a ring mounted farther forward. It works fine, but it's not exactly the same for FOV with a rear mounted ghost sight. I probably wouldn't do it on my m1.

On my saiga, and probably with these, they still aren't adjustible for elevation, so what is the point? Might as well stick with the rifle sights imo.

Sotex
07-02-12, 22:36
drkhrt,

Contact XS Sights. They can hook you up.