PDA

View Full Version : Need help mounting an RMR38 onto an ACOG

Davejohnson
06-30-12, 18:59
I have an ACOG 4X32 and an RM08A with a RM38 mount. The mount is too big for the neck of the acog on the eye side. The only way it fits is by tightening the RM38 mount around the rim of the eye side as it widens on the very end of the ACOG. But, other than traction from tightening it, there is nothing else there to hold it in place. Is this the correct way to mount it? Thanks...

just a scout
06-30-12, 20:06
I just went through that. Mount it on the rim of the lense. Once it's tight, run down the screws in the front of the mount till they touch the body. Make them even, don't crank them too hard or you'll push the front of the base up.

I'm going to zero mine tomoorw and will report back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Davejohnson
06-30-12, 20:25
Great, thanks for the info. Interesting that I did not get a pair of little screws for the front of the RMS mount. I'll call Trijicon on Monday. :)

Davejohnson
07-02-12, 17:30
I talked to Trijican customer support today. She did confirm to mount the RM38 Mount to the wide part of the rim. She also confirmed to use the smalled hex screws up front but leave the width of a piece of paper between the screw and the Acog. I will report back with it's stability once I have shot it.

just a scout
07-02-12, 18:44
Didn't shoot. Weather sucked.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

cop1211
07-02-12, 19:18
How about some pics, I've got one coming this week myself.

Davejohnson
07-03-12, 12:22
Here is a picture of the RMR mounted to the ACOG

Davejohnson
07-05-12, 10:38
Shot the ACOG / RMR combination this morning. Worked real well. I was surprised at how fast I could aquire the target using the RMR. Definately worth putting it on the ACOG. After 40 rounds, nothing moved... the sites were still zeroed. :D