PDA

View Full Version : Outers Foul Out II electro/chem cleaner

Rodgerk
07-01-12, 15:50
Have any of you guys used this device to remove lead or copper fouling from the bores of your M4? I have restored the accuracy of bolt action precision/hunting rifles by this means. For those of you unfamilar with this it is based on elctrolysis principles and comes with solutions specific for lead or copper. Leaves the bores completely free of copper or lead and a few follow up patches finishes the job.

I know there are debates about the necessity of restoring bores to pristine condition regarding copper and lead fouling but for the purists who want absolutely NO copper or lead fouling this may be your answer.

An Undocumented Worker
07-01-12, 17:11
I'm not going to debate the necessity of having a pristine bore on an M4, however I have used a foulout 2 on one and will not waste the time to do so ever again on a rifle with a gas tube.

The short of it is, that it works but it is messy and time consuming. The time consuming part comes from the device also trying to clean the gas tube and all the copper suspended in the carbon that is in the gas tube. So even if the bore is completely clean, it won't auto shutoff due to the copper found deposited in the gas tube.