PDA

View Full Version : wolff gun springs gtg? or use oem springs(glock)?

kenndapp
07-01-12, 17:58
does anybody use wolff gun springs when it comes time to replace a magazine spring, recoil spring, ext, ext???? i have been using them when it comes time to replace springs in most of my glocks with very good results but, with every one screaming " oem, parts oem parts, " im beginning to second guess my self. so do you seek the oem spring when you need a new one or are wolff gun spring ( at factory rating ) good to go?

dc202
07-01-12, 18:08
I have been using them for years in Glock mags and have found them to be excellent. I cannot say, however, that they are better than OEM as I have no objective means to test that.

kenndapp
07-01-12, 18:10
I have been using them for years in Glock mags and have found them to be excellent. I cannot say, however, that they are better than OEM as I have no objective means to test that.

yeah. that why i am questioning myself here. i have no idea what makes one spring better or worse than the next.

dc202
07-01-12, 18:17
yeah. that why i am questioning myself here. i have no idea what makes one spring better or worse than the next.

The one thing that I can say is that, based on my experience and numerous reports online, you are well served by the Wolff springs. They are extremely well made and well tested and I don't mind spending a little extra for them.

mallowpufft
07-01-12, 18:41
I haven't used them to replace magazine springs yet but I have used Wolff springs in my LCP and it's made a world of difference (recoil and main spring combo in a heavier weight than factory) . I've put 400 wounds through since then and not a single issue.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I847 using Tapatalk 2

Rayrevolver
07-01-12, 18:43
For carry weapons I stay OEM. IDPA/IPSC shooters usually change all kinds of springs, but even then I use OEM... for now.

Any issues with your Glock after 500 rounds? If not, then I wouldn't worry.

Magic_Salad0892
07-02-12, 05:43
I've come to prefer Sprinco, and ISMI.

Wolf is good too though.

I'm talking about recoil springs. I use Wolf springs in all my G19 mags. With Pierce grip +3 extensions. No reliability issues to date.

HKBanger
07-02-12, 15:36
I use Wolff 10% XP springs in my mags. They work great. I say go for it.