PDA

View Full Version : Sheriff of Baghdad Sling

FlatFender
07-01-12, 23:11
I searched, didn't find a whole lot about this sling. I know Kyle Defoor is running it, and recommends it, and it looks like a winner to me. From what I can tell, it is basically a backwards VTAC, leaving the adjuster near the forearm at all times, instead of at the shooters side.

Does anybody run one? What are your thoughts compared to the VTAC and VCAS slings?

rob_s
07-02-12, 03:59
I have one for an article and I liked it enough that I bought another on my own dime. There's aren't a lot of products like that. I have a lot of stuff come through my hands thats ok stuff but I can't figure out what it's supposed to do better than the stuff I already have.

If you're the type to leave the rifle hung on the sling more than shot or carried you may not like the thin material. I only let the rifle hang when I have to do something with my hands, or off my bag for longer periods.

FlatFender
07-02-12, 08:11
I have one for an article and I liked it enough that I bought another on my own dime. There's aren't a lot of products like that. I have a lot of stuff come through my hands thats ok stuff but I can't figure out what it's supposed to do better than the stuff I already have.

If you're the type to leave the rifle hung on the sling more than shot or carried you may not like the thin material. I only let the rifle hang when I have to do something with my hands, or off my bag for longer periods.

Awesome, thanks. I'll be ordering one ASAP.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

thopkins22
08-31-13, 22:37
Better than a new thread I figured.

In the past year has anyone else gained experience with this sling?

I'm a little concerned about the little metal tri-glide working it's way out of the slit in my stocks, but other than that it looks fantastic.

gun71530
08-31-13, 22:49
Better than a new thread I figured.

In the past year has anyone else gained experience with this sling?

I'm a little concerned about the little metal tri-glide working it's way out of the slit in my stocks, but other than that it looks fantastic.

I use one, but I did a mod that was recommended by Kyle Defoor. I cut the metal end piece off and use the plastic buckle to attach it too the butt stock.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

thopkins22
08-31-13, 23:01
I use one, but I did a mod that was recommended by Kyle Defoor. I cut the metal end piece off and use the plastic buckle to attach it too the butt stock.

Excellent. That was something I was wondering if I might have to do.

I was about to ask you for a link...but google is a wonderful thing. http://kyledefoor.tumblr.com/post/22150122589/everyman-carbine-part-2-sling-setup-sherriff-of

Ordering now since you led me to water.

gun71530
08-31-13, 23:12
Excellent. That was something I was wondering if I might have to do.

I was about to ask you for a link...but google is a wonderful thing. http://kyledefoor.tumblr.com/post/22150122589/everyman-carbine-part-2-sling-setup-sherriff-of

Ordering now since you led me to water.

You won't regret it. It's a great minimalist sling, very lightweight and functional.