PDA

View Full Version : Riflegear uppers?

ruchik
07-02-12, 13:46
I've searched high and low for information on the uppers made by Riflegear. On paper they look good, with some of the uppers having hammer forged barrels. All have HP/MPI tested bolts and barrels. Full auto bolts, and as per Riflegear state themselves, the uppers are assembled by Daniel Defense. Tall claims, yes. Does anyone have any personal experience with an upper made by Riflegear?

Wiggity
07-02-12, 13:57
OP I think you should trailblaze this unfamiliar territory!

saddlerocker
07-03-12, 17:59
They have button rifled FN barrels on sale for $185 right now.

I would assume their hammer forged barrels would come from FN as well.
Seems FN is selling Hammer forged barrels to everyone these days.

H0useofz
07-03-12, 18:14
they use psa parts

saddlerocker
07-03-12, 18:22
they use psa parts

Where do you get that information?
PSA is not a manufacturer.
I would find it hard to believe riflegear is buying anything from PSA, another retailer.
They can easily get parts from a supplier

H0useofz
07-03-12, 18:25
i had a friend work there a while back as a gunsmith. they buy wholesale from psa and put there own name. just like the PSA lower is made by aero. so is the riflegear branded lower is also a aero. there barrels are from psa but psa gets there barrels from FN

YOU BETTER HAVE A NAME AND A TIMEFRAME THAT YOUR "FRIEND" WORKED THERE AS A GUNSMITH.

BUCK

saddlerocker
07-03-12, 18:38
hmmm.
Riflegear lowers are made by Mega currently.
And PSA's are no longer Aero Lowers.

I also saw a post by Riflegear from 2011 that said their HF barrels are from DD.

Suppliers can change all the time, so who knows.

justin_247
07-03-12, 20:11
I just visited the Riflegear shop a few weeks ago - their CHF uppers use DD barrels.

ruchik
07-04-12, 09:43
Interesting. Has anyone seen the build quality of a Riflegear upper or rifle up close?

justin_247
07-04-12, 12:01
Interesting. Has anyone seen the build quality of a Riflegear upper or rifle up close?

I thought the build quality was good! I held two uppers - one with an 11" Troy Alpha rail and another with a Noveske/SWS rail. Both were very, very nice.

Shark92651
07-12-12, 18:51
i had a friend work there a while back as a gunsmith. they buy wholesale from psa and put there own name. just like the PSA lower is made by aero. so is the riflegear branded lower is also a aero. there barrels are from psa but psa gets there barrels from FN

You sir, to put it bluntly, are talking out of the wrong orifice. What is your buddy's name? RifleGear has had exactly two gunsmiths since our inception, myself and another that is still happily employed here. It is very well known that our forged lower is made by Mega Arms, and this is why it contains a tension screw just like the Mega. Have you ever seen an Aero lower with a tension screw?

Our complete AR uppers with plastic handguards and pinned FSB are indeed 100% DD made. The uppers with free-float rails we assemble ourselves, using mostly DD provided parts and whichever rail system the customer requests. It is true that we have some FN barrels for sale, but our CHF barrels are Daniel Defense - you can see the markings clearly on the barrel.

Voodoochild
07-12-12, 19:28
H0useofz I seriously hope you have a good explanation for what you have stated.

SpankMonkey
07-12-12, 19:48
H0useofz I seriously hope you have a good explanation for what you have stated.

I have a friend of a friend of a friend who was a gunsmith...... :suicide:

bluecanary
07-12-12, 21:00
You sir, to put it bluntly, are talking out of the wrong orifice. What is your buddy's name? RifleGear has had exactly two gunsmiths since our inception, myself and another that is still happily employed here. It is very well known that our forged lower is made by Mega Arms, and this is why it contains a tension screw just like the Mega. Have you ever seen an Aero lower with a tension screw?

Our complete AR uppers with plastic handguards and pinned FSB are indeed 100% DD made. The uppers with free-float rails we assemble ourselves, using mostly DD provided parts and whichever rail system the customer requests. It is true that we have some FN barrels for sale, but our CHF barrels are Daniel Defense - you can see the markings clearly on the barrel.

Hello. I've been looking at your uppers for a while. Your site says you use YHM set screw low pro g.b. on the mid with no hand guard. Are those set screws sturdy enough?

also, if you don't mind, who's BCG are you using?

Thanks.

ruchik
07-13-12, 01:33
So only the basic uppers with plastic handguards are DD assembled? Does this include the basic 16 inch midlength uppers as well?

Shark92651
07-13-12, 09:58
With our standard installation of the LPG we dimple the barrel and use loctite on the set screws. For an additional fee we can drill and pin the LPG on request. We also have the jig to drill/pin a standard FSB, but normally when a FSB is required we just sell the complete uppers that are assembled by DD. The Carbine and MidLength uppers you see on our website, both 16" and 14.5", with plastic handguards are OEM from DD, built and test-fired at their facility.

Our RifleGear branded upper receivers and BCG are sourced from DD - we have done business with DD since before they started selling rifles and have a great relationship with them. Our HF stripped and complete barrels are DD.

Uppers that have LPG and rail systems we assemble ourselves, using the DD supplied parts, unless it is a non CHF barrel. We recently installed a bullet trap at our facility so that we can now test fire each assembled upper prior to shipping. We also do a lot of assembly and custom rebuild for people. We can pin/weld muzzle device, install free-float, etc... Any kind of upper "rebuild" (tear down, rebuild using any combination of parts) is $45. We charge $35 to pin/weld muzzle device. Return shipping is around $10 for an upper. We don't do any lathe work, however.

H0useofz
07-13-12, 11:15
Did you use To have a guy working for you by the name Ryan about 6 months ago. Maybe he still works there? He was the one that showed me everything. Used to hookme up on parts on the side.. And told me to order stuff threw psa since it was the same.

lunchbox
07-13-12, 11:31
Did you use To have a guy working for you by the name Ryan about 6 months ago. Maybe he still works there? He was the one that showed me everything. Used to hookme up on parts on the side.. And told me to order stuff threw psa since it was the same.
Well not any more:secret::blink:

PalmettoStateArmory
07-13-12, 11:33
they use psa parts

Not that I'm aware of.

Voodoochild
07-13-12, 12:03
And there we have it stright from the horses mouth. They dont use PSA parts. I suspect you are full of BS House and your "Friend" as well. Please go troll somwehere else.

H0useofz
07-13-12, 12:09
And there we have it stright from the horses mouth. They dont use PSA parts. I suspect you are full of BS House and your "Friend" as well. Please go troll somwehere else.

why dont you call rifle gear and ask if they have or still have the employee by the name of Ryan. it seem like most mods all they do is sit behind the computer lol. i am calling you out voodoochild... your life is nothing but BS lol....

SHIVAN
07-13-12, 12:22
In case anyone was keeping score, @19:51 yesterday the President of the company posts this:

With our standard installation of the LPG we dimple the barrel and use loctite on the set screws. For an additional fee we can drill and pin the LPG on request. We also have the jig to drill/pin a standard FSB, but normally when a FSB is required we just sell the complete uppers that are assembled by DD. The Carbine and MidLength uppers you see on our website, both 16" and 14.5", with plastic handguards are OEM from DD, built and test-fired at their facility.

Our RifleGear branded upper receivers and BCG - we have done business with DD since before they started selling rifles and have a great relationship with them. Our HF stripped and complete barrels are DD.

Uppers that have LPG and rail systems we assemble ourselves, using the DD supplied parts, unless it is a non CHF barrel. We recently installed a bullet trap at our facility so that we can now test fire each assembled upper prior to shipping. We also do a lot of assembly and custom rebuild for people. We can pin/weld muzzle device, install free-float, etc... Any kind of upper "rebuild" (tear down, rebuild using any combination of parts) is $45. We charge $35 to pin/weld muzzle device. Return shipping is around $10 for an upper. We don't do any lathe work, however.

Today, we have the troll come back and tell us to call Riflegear to confirm, blah, blah.

So for that effort, H0useofz won donkey of the month award, and a permanent vacation. See ya, bye.

ruchik
07-13-12, 15:50
Most interesting information. Any word when these, and the midlength MCTAR-equipped uppers will be back in stock? I think I'll have to give one of these a go and put it through its paces.

Shark92651
07-13-12, 16:24
Most interesting information. Any word when these, and the midlength MCTAR-equipped uppers will be back in stock? I think I'll have to give one of these a go and put it through its paces.

Probably about 1-2 weeks, we are waiting on a shipment of upper receivers. You can always subscribe to an email notification on the product page. Those emails go out automatically when items are back in stock and are not used for any other purpose.

fdxpilot
07-13-12, 17:06
Just a bit of info, and I'm sure PalmettoStateArmory can confirm or deny, but I have purchased 6 PSA lowers over the last 14 months, and they all appear to be provided by LW Schnieder.

bluecanary
07-14-12, 18:26
WOW! Does Riflegear uppers fly off the shelf. I was looking at some just last night. Scheeesh

ruchik
07-14-12, 19:06
I think this thread may have had something to do with that.

Shark92651
07-15-12, 21:48
That's what happens with the real time inventory system on our web site. I programmed it so that when a single component of an assembly is out of stock, then that assembly is marked as out of stock on the webpage. If a particular rail system is out of stock, then any uppers built with that rail will show out of stock, or in worse case, if a single part that is used in ALL of them is out of stock, an upper receiver in this case, then they ALL show out of stock. We hope to have some upper receivers in about a week.

It's actually a pretty good system as it updates every 15 mins so you can be pretty sure that if an item shows in or out of stock, that it is accurate.