PDA

View Full Version : New to Forum, but not shooting

64physhy
07-02-12, 21:26
I've been shooting for about 30 years, 22 of that has been in the Marine Corps. Most of my experience has been with the M16 and M4 since that's our primary weapon, but I've also gone through some CQB training with the Mosseberg 500, and I have plenty of experience with the M9 Beretta. I've fired numerous other military weapons, including M249, M240B/G, M2, MK19, M203, AT4 (live round, not training round), AK47, Dragunov, and PKM.
What I don't have much experience with is Bolt action and lever action weapons. I fired bolt action as a kid, but don't remember much of it.
I recently bought a AR15 and a nice Winchester 1894 .32 Win Sp. The AR has an Adams gas piston upper and a JD machine lower with ACE stock, Magpul hand guards, and diopter sights. I also have a Ruger P94 .40 that I've had for several years.
The Winchester shoots some really nice groups (better than my AR) but has a nice kick to it.
I have Winchester 70 featherweight .300 on layaway and also just bought a Saiga AK-74 (for the wife).

Is there anything special I should know when it comes to care and use of bolt and lever action rifles? I know not to half-rack the lever action. Anything else I should know?

Red Rezin
08-01-12, 14:24
Welcome.