PDA

View Full Version : Pastor's 10 Commandments for dating his daughter

Kfgk14
07-03-12, 01:37
So as I was browsing the Blaze, I found this jem:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWG8To0hA_U

Feel free to discuss.

I feel the guy's a douche and in my experience the fathers of my high school girl friends who tried this tactic with me also conceived women I spent a lot of time in the back of my truck with :p

The better approach, in my opinion:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjO9kX4npVY

Honu
07-03-12, 02:08
I saw it thought it was more to be funny ?
with some base line of reality of who you want to date your daughter ?

I have the hope when my kids get older I will have taught them well and I wont need to interfere :)

if I do no physical BS total psychological !

C4IGrant
07-03-12, 08:34
First let me say that I have no daughters (thank GOD). With that out of the way, I thought it was pretty funny and quite honestly, most of it has ZERO to do with dating his daughter (just good rules to live by).

I especially liked the part about shaking his hand like a man, keeping your word, etc. I see a lot of young males with their skinny jeans and limp wristed hand shakes. My immediate thought is that they could use some time in the Military.

I have two boys. Many of the things mentioned in this video will be taught to them (especially showing their girlfriends Father proper respect).

C4

GTifosi
07-03-12, 09:36
I especially liked the part about shaking his hand like a man, keeping your word, etc. I see a lot of young males with their skinny jeans and limp wristed hand shakes. My immediate thought is that they could use some time in the Military.

Ummm, yeah...

Had two daughters that are grown and out now.

You know the difference between the upright, firm handshake, man-of-his word types and the lazy, wimpy, gutter trash?

Absolutely nothing.
They are dating for one reason and one reason alone: procreation
If there weren't fathers centuries ago pressing for more civil behavior than just grabbing a girl and mauling her there wouldn't be todays perception of what is civil(ized) and girls would be just grabbed and mauled.
Sort of like a Japanese subway, only all the time everywhere they go.

Point of interest:
Humans are the only mammals where the dominant male of the family group selects the mate for the female young.
All others require that they be taken by dominating and possibly exterminating the dominant male, or standing off at a distance so to not be attacked by the dominant male to try and attract the female away from said dominant male.

Relevance?
'Nice guy' or 'loser guy', your daughter will have the dominant male in her life replaced, and like it or not, is still going to get ****ed.
Probably frequently.
No matter how humans try to justify 'allowing' it by imposing rules and morals, it is going to happen.
(even if daughter is a lesbian, someone at some point is going to stick something in her to simulate the procreative act, and she'll like it)

Just some kibble for the mind...

C4IGrant
07-03-12, 09:52
Ummm, yeah...

Had two daughters that are grown and out now.

You know the difference between the upright, firm handshake, man-of-his word types and the lazy, wimpy, gutter trash?

Absolutely nothing.
If there weren't fathers centuries ago pressing for more civil behavior than just grabbing a girl and mauling her there wouldn't be todays perception of what is civil(ized) and girls would be just grabbed and mauled.

Point of interest:
Humans are the only mammals where the dominant male of the family group selects the mate for the female young.
All others require that they be taken by dominating and possibly exterminating the dominant male, or standing off at a distance so to not be attacked by the dominant male to try and attract the female away from said dominant male.

Relevance?
'Nice guy' or 'loser guy', your daughter will have the dominant male in her life replaced, and like it or not, is still going to get ****ed.
Probably frequently.
No matter how humans try to justify 'allowing' it by imposing rules and morals, it is going to happen.
(even if daughter is a lesbian, someone at some point is going to stick something in her to simulate the procreative act, and she'll like it)

All depends on how your raise your daughters and what YOU have taught them (by your actions and not by your words)! If your daughters haven't been taught to value themselves (especially their bodies), then they will accept whatever loser comes along.

On the flip side with my boys, they will be taught to treat women with respect and dignity (as I treat their Mother). They will also be taught to find a women that is smart and strong willed and to realize that beauty is only skin deep.

The type of guy your daughter "accepts" is directly affected by YOU the Father. Did you treat their Mother in poor manner? They will think that is acceptable and alllow some trash to do the same to them as they have low self-esteem.

Just sayin....

C4

Smuckatelli
07-03-12, 10:15
Good post Grant.

C4IGrant
07-03-12, 10:25
Good post Grant.

Thanks. Most people assume that a daughter gets her self-esteem and such from her Mother. This is not the case. Her FATHER sets this and also subconsciously defines the type of male she will accept as a husband.

How bout that for pressure. ;)

C4

GTifosi
07-03-12, 10:26
It all depends on what they (children in general) decide for themselves if they do (hopefully) or do not use any wisdom you may have tried to impart upon them.
But in the end, they will indeed have made thier own decision regardless of parents hopes, dreams and asperations.

C4IGrant
07-03-12, 10:30
It all depends on what they (children in general) decide for themselves if they do (hopefully) or do not use any wisdom you may have tried to impart upon them.
But in the end, they will indeed have made thier own decision regardless of parents hopes, dreams and asperations.

Of course (as they have free will). What you have taught them (by your deeds) will have a huge affect on them and will allow them to make better choices (in everything).

As they say, more is caught than taught! ;)

C4

Army Chief
07-03-12, 10:35
Most people assume that a daughter gets her self-esteem and such from her Mother. This is not the case. Her FATHER sets this and also subconsciously defines the type of male she will accept as a husband.

I don't think most men realize just how incredibly true this is. As a father, I consider it one of the most important realities of my existence.

AC

Wiggity
07-03-12, 10:36
Shit like this does not work with daughters, I know from personal experience.

And I don't have any daughters.

C4IGrant
07-03-12, 10:40
I don't think most men realize just how incredibly true this is. As a father, I consider it one of the most important realities of my existence.

AC

Agree. They think it is all on the Mother. Not to diminish the Mother's roll, but the Father plays such a larger roll in both boys and girls lives (as they become young adults) and their decision making abilities.

Girls that have a loving, attentive Father that is always there to "listen" is NOT going to seek out a Father figure (read, male that is way too old for your daughter to be dating). She also won't let boys do things to her body that she will regret later on in life.

C4

Eurodriver
07-03-12, 11:46
Girls that have a loving, attentive Father...

As someone who is in his "prime", I can say with absolute certainty that those are the worst. (Or best, if your intentions are good)

When a girl loves her father and is very close to him, I usually just back away. Too much effort for very little reward.

Excellent posts Grant.

C4IGrant
07-03-12, 11:55
As someone who is in his "prime", I can say with absolute certainty that those are the worst. (Or best, if your intentions are good)

When a girl loves her father and is very close to him, I usually just back away. Too much effort for very little reward.

Excellent posts Grant.

LOL, good post and proof positive of raising girls "the right way." :D

C4

GTifosi
07-03-12, 12:16
Of course (as they have free will). What you have taught them (by your deeds) will have a huge affect on them and will allow them to make better choices (in everything).

Agree. They think it is all on the Mother. Not to diminish the Mother's roll, but the Father plays such a larger roll in both boys and girls lives (as they become young adults) and their decision making abilities.

Girls that have a loving, attentive Father that is always there to "listen" is NOT going to seek out a Father figure (read, male that is way too old for your daughter to be dating). She also won't let boys do things to her body that she will regret later on in life.

I agree with all above. I really do.
I just wanted to clarify that in the end they are going to do as they please how they please.

Here's a 'what if':
Two girls, one year apart in age and raised together by the same parents, who are contentedly married well adjusted repected people of middle income living in an unbroken home.
Neither was denied attention or affection, neither were allowed to run all over mom and dad, and both were treated as equally as feasable yet recognized as individuals, not a set of bookends.
Both brought up to respect elders, say please and thank you, not chew with thier mouth open, swear, spit, etc.
Even exposed in an unbiased nonpreferential way to religion when they enquired about it so that they could decide if it was right for them or not as opposed to being pressured into or away from it or even a specific 'brand' (for want of a better phrase) if they did choose to follow a path.

One daughter is a college graduate, employed, and deliberately planned for and had her first child late in her twenties after a long stable monogomous(sp) relationship.
The sibling dropped out of school in 10th grade, ran away, is on welfare, on her third kid by the time she was twenty, tends to gravitate towards the dregs of society and considers any relationship beyond a couple months to be 'long term'.

Which is one is indicative of the actual quailty of parenting and why is the other not?
(well, 'fathering' as this has boiled down to)

*snip from 1st Grant quote in this post:

As they say, more is caught than taught! ;)

Yeah, but they've got shots for most of them now :)

Cagemonkey
07-03-12, 12:23
Great thread with some good info for us guys with daughters. Mine is only 19 months old, so I got plenty of time to teach her right. When she's of age, I pity the fool who's going to try to take advantage of her.

chadbag
07-03-12, 12:40
Being the perfect father (as outlined by Grant and others) in no way guarantees that your daughters won't turn out poorly. They have free will and can and will make bad decisions.

But being a crap father greatly ups the chances that that they will turn out poorly.

-

GTifosi
07-03-12, 12:41
Great thread with some good info for us guys with daughters.

Here's one to squirrel away:
Regardless of the dad's thoughts on the courtisan, if the MOM likes him the daughter is done for.

Inside 2-3 weeks if she openly initiates it as a topic of conversation to others over lunch or whatever.

If she mentions it TO the courtisan, it could be as little as days or even hours on the *DCC.

*'daughter chastity clock'

Honu
07-03-12, 15:06

Point of interest:

Relevance?
Probably frequently.

maybe your kids and your parents so the trend continues ?

your idea to be so shocking and give the OH and she will like it ? sorry you are not SHOCKING us like you hoped :) instead making your opinion become childish at best !

as for #2 we are not the same as animals ! that is a big difference

Honu
07-03-12, 15:11

as Grant said above also !
but my parents raised me to respect others etc.. so I do !
and their teachings and actions made me who I am ? like it or not the kids free will is LEARNED from their parents

Quiet-Matt
07-03-12, 16:16
Thou Shalt Wear A Helmet! Other than that, I thought it was humorous. ;)

SeriousStudent
07-03-12, 22:54
It is funny, in a way. My daughter is a lot closer to me now than to her mother. So I'll echo what Grant said. She's 19, entering the military, and looking for a summer job until she ships out.

She's become a lot more contemplative, and asking a lot more questions. Dad is not the drooling moron that she thought when she was a teenager.

I do agree with some. You can get a kid with a head full of bad wiring, and even the Dalai Lama and Mother Teresa could not pull off that parenting job.

But I'll damn sure give it my best shot to make sure both my kids turn out to be responsible adults. So far, my daughter seems to be on the right track. We can talk and she can have a real discussion, not a lecture.

I think a lot of it goes back to how I tried to raise her. Lying brought terrible consequences. Failure or mistakes brought a discussion on how to do better next time.

So she was taught to bring any issue forward, and talk to me. Lies brought punishments that were Biblical in scope. I really think that was the key, that they could always talk to me.

And my son's an awesome young man, I am very, very proud of him.

GTifosi
07-04-12, 01:17
Dad is not the drooling moron that she thought when she was a teenager.

At 12, the little girl thought her daddy was goofy and funny.
At 17 she thought him an embarrassing fool who should be hidden away and not spoken of.
At 25 she was amazed at how much her father had learned in 13 years...

theblackknight
07-04-12, 08:57
I'm surprised a fellow MTBer is such a douche. That's rare. Maybe he chills out after a couple pale ales.

I hope none of you guys have this on your truck.

http://www.marineshop.net/prodimg/104458.jpg

SeriousStudent
07-04-12, 10:26
I'm surprised a fellow MTBer is such a douche. That's rare. Maybe he chills out after a couple pale ales.

I hope none of you guys have this on your truck.

http://www.marineshop.net/prodimg/104458.jpg

When my children started dating, I would go meet the parents. It was truly amazing - the parents that were great folks tended to have awesome children. Go figure. If the parents were a bunch of drunken surly in-breeds, she usually ended up dropping that boy like a bad habit. All without a word from me.

In fact, I'm still friends with the parents of the boys my daughter used to date. We often chat and wave when we walk our dogs in the evening, etc.

And that sticker with the rifle would not work with my daughter. She'd point out that she has an AR of her own to shoot, and shoots better than most young men her age. Probably not as good as Smuckatelli's daughter, but Smuck's daughter had a better coach. :D

30 cal slut
07-05-12, 06:57
If this were me, I'd be slinging a friggin Barrett .50 BMG.

;)

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f15/30calslut/hahaha.jpg

The_War_Wagon
07-05-12, 08:31
I made sure to have the three sons FIRST. Those who date my daughter, will drive nothing LESS than a Crown Vic/Grand Marquis.

That way, there's a decent back seat for her three CHAPERONES to ride in. :D

theblackknight
07-10-12, 13:59
I made sure to have the three sons FIRST. Those who date my daughter, will drive nothing LESS than a Crown Vic/Grand Marquis.

That way, there's a decent back seat for her three CHAPERONES to ride in. :D

I wouldn't trust a dude who's driving a surplus ride.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2

Eurodriver
07-11-12, 06:04
I want to go on record to support Grant's claims with recent events:

The past few days I've been taking a motorcycle course. A girl and her father were in this class. She was a super cutie. Nice curvy ass, cute face, smart, pretty eyes, and generally fun to be around.

But she LOVED her dad and you could tell. She had no shame putting her arm around him and giving him big hugs when he would help her with something. Immediately, red flags went up. I knew this was going to be tough, but who would I be if I didn't try? I immediately thought of this thread, actually. So I decided to go in for the attack.

I tried to use the "assholes finish first" technique - and crashed and burned. She wants a good guy, it was painfully obvious. Smooth talking, driving a Mercedes, and great abs don't work on a girl with her shit together and a good relationship with her dad.

On the other hand, one of my girlfriends came from a broken home (and a horrible dad) and she actually told me not even 9 hours ago that she "likes" when I tell her to shut the hell up or that shes being stupid. What?

:suicide:

C4IGrant
07-11-12, 08:33
I want to go on record to support Grant's claims with recent events:

The past few days I've been taking a motorcycle course. A girl and her father were in this class. She was a super cutie. Nice curvy ass, cute face, smart, pretty eyes, and generally fun to be around.

But she LOVED her dad and you could tell. She had no shame putting her arm around him and giving him big hugs when he would help her with something. Immediately, red flags went up. I knew this was going to be tough, but who would I be if I didn't try? I immediately thought of this thread, actually. So I decided to go in for the attack.

I tried to use the "assholes finish first" technique - and crashed and burned. She wants a good guy, it was painfully obvious. Smooth talking, driving a Mercedes, and great abs don't work on a girl with her shit together and a good relationship with her dad.

On the other hand, one of my girlfriends came from a broken home (and a horrible dad) and she actually told me not even 9 hours ago that she "likes" when I tell her to shut the hell up or that shes being stupid. What?

:suicide:

Score one for the good Father!

C4

CarlosDJackal
07-11-12, 09:14
Just like my parents thought us, you only have control over your children for the first few years of their life. If you don't teach them the right and wrong by the time they start seeking out their independence; it'll be too late.

The best you can hope for is that they live their lives respecting themselves and others and that they remember the lessons you try to teach them. Once they reach a certain age their decisions are theirs and theirs alone.

My Mom (God rest her soul) beat the crap out of me for doing the wrong things as a child. The resulting fear and respect I had for her and my Father (may he RIP as well) is what has kept me out of trouble all these years. Except for the sheltered among us, we all come across temptations. Whether you succumb to these temptations can be traced back to the lessons of discipline that your parents instilled in you.

If you ever get a chance go sit in on your local Juvenile and Domestic Court cases. Observe the Defendants and their parents and you will see pattern on how not to raise your child. You will see that in most (but not all) cases the children whose limits were never set and enforced by their parents are the once who end up on that road to criminal activity. JM2CW.

Watrdawg
07-11-12, 15:19
First off I thought the video was kind of funny. I also agree whole heartedly with Grant's point of view. My daughter is 12 and her and her little friends are already talking about boys. We have a great relationship and talk everyday about all sorts of things, even boys. I believe if you set the example day in and day out for your kids they will learn and follow it. I can only hope my daughter will make the right decisions when put into those situations. Hopefully I have done my job and shown her what the right answers to those decisions should be.

Magic_Salad0892
07-12-12, 02:32
I'm on Eurodriver's page.

I seem to attract damaged goods.

Must have lucked out on the current girl.

Eurodriver
07-12-12, 08:18
I'm on Eurodriver's page.

I seem to attract damaged goods.

Must have lucked out on the current girl.

Keep her bro.

It sounds good in theory - dumb, ridiculously good looking blondes that put out on the first night.

But then you find out her hair is dyed (she's fake), she's got implants (self esteem issues sometimes), works at Hooters (not going anywhere in life), has massive daddy issues, and you can't stand to listen to her talk for more than six seconds without wanting to shoot yourself. That's not a girl you date.

What I would do for a smart brunette that isn't overweight. She doesn't even have to be good looking. But unfortunately "Yo bitch, come over here and get my number" doesn't work on girls like that. :confused:

QuietShootr
07-12-12, 09:17
So as I was browsing the Blaze, I found this jem:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWG8To0hA_U

Feel free to discuss.

I feel the guy's a douche and in my experience the fathers of my high school girl friends who tried this tactic with me also conceived women I spent a lot of time in the back of my truck with :p

The better approach, in my opinion:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjO9kX4npVY

I LOVED girls with overprotective dads who thought they were going to intimidate me, especially in college. Preacher's daughter? She's going to be heels-up in my room within a week of the semester starting.

NWPilgrim
07-12-12, 11:57
It doesn't take a genius to find an easy girl for a poke. Or handsome looks or charming wit.

On the other hand you better be willing to sacrifice your pride and time if your want a truly wonderful and loving woman for life.

Dads don't raise good daughters through strict discipline or lax morals. It is through strength of love, communication and guidance on how to make good decisions (like does this guy care more about a poke or her welfare). Self absorbed fun seekers need not apply.

Father of two adult daughters doing fine, no pokers succeeded (no you yahoos didn't sneak one by either). Both shoot well too.