PDA

View Full Version : Colt LE6920

guns85
07-03-12, 16:02
How much is my Colt LE6920 worth if I sell it outright to an individual?

I have taken all of the extras off and put it back to stock. It has the restricted to the law enforcement stamp on the right side. It has about 700 rounds of PMC and Lake City ammo run through it.

Nothing wrong with it, I would like a BCM 16" mid length. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cajunkraut
07-03-12, 16:46
I'd scour the net to find the average price of one in similar condition (don't forget forum classifieds). Or, check the average price on your model in new condition, and estimate the depreciation from there. Needless to say, the condition of the rifle inside and out, whether it comes with the original box, accessories, and paperwork, etc. will all come into play.

Currently, the 'restricted' rollmark guns are going for a bit more than other 6920s right now, but that doesn't mean anyone's willing to pay the premium, especially on a pre-owned rifle.

Good luck!

filthy phil
07-03-12, 17:50
here they go for $1070 at wallyworld, + tax. if you have the same deal up there i'd say $900 if your lucky.

3 AE
07-03-12, 18:49
You have a solid 6920 that you want to sell for a midlength? Man, that is bad ju-ju right there! :sarcastic: Personally I would keep the 6920 and save up for a BCM Midlength as a backup/extra weapon in addition to the 6920, instead of replacing it.

Another option is just keep the 6920 and purchase, if you haven't already, more ammo, magazines, and other good to go items like a light, sling, red dot sight, classes, etc. as the money comes in.

polymorpheous
07-03-12, 19:31
Here's what I would do.
Keep the 6920.
Save up and buy a complete upper instead.

A BCM upper mated to a Colt lower isn't going to spontaneously combust.

Knorth
07-03-12, 19:51
I just got finished researching the 6920 alot. You can get the basic one from online dealers for just under 1k delivered with no tax. Now, those do not have the restricted rollmark because Colt eliminated that, so unless someone really just wants that specific rollmark i'd say anything under that. Good luck, I should be picking mine up late next week.

mdrums
07-03-12, 20:41
I have a Restricted roll mark LE6920...guy at my local shop really wants one with this marking.

Find the right guy and you could get around $1k to $1.5k for the marking. This is what I've been offered privately at my shop by some collectors of sorts that want this roll mark.

Me....I'm not collecting this gun and really love it and shoot it and plan to have it for a long time.

ST911
07-04-12, 10:46
I wouldn't pay more than $900 for a used 6920. They can be bought new for about that price.

I don't follow rollmark values. If LE-marked 6920s are truly bringing $1500 anywhere, let me know. I know where there are bunches you can buy.

Perhaps one of the Colt collector gurus can chime in on the reality of that situation.

Cajunkraut
07-04-12, 12:46
I wouldn't pay more than $900 for a used 6920. They can be bought new for about that price.

I don't follow rollmark values. If LE-marked 6920s are truly bringing $1500 anywhere, let me know. I know where there are bunches you can buy.

Perhaps one of the Colt collector gurus can chime in on the reality of that situation.

Don't hold out. Please link the $900ish 6920s for the rest of us!

Again, just because the 'restricted' rollmark guns are going for more, doesn't mean people are paying it, especially on a used gun. Like you said, there are still plenty around.

They're a unique reminder of the AWB, but personally, I think the new 'M4' and 'M4A1' rollmark guns are mo' betta'. Just my $.02.

totenkopf_u64
07-04-12, 13:34
If your are going to end up eating ~$200 selling the Colt, well, that's half the cost of a BCM upper. I would just save for the upper you want and keep an otherwise great piece of equipment.

Sounds like a lot of hassle just to get mid length gas... but I'm lazy.

g5m
07-04-12, 16:53
If your are going to end up eating ~$200 selling the Colt, well, that's half the cost of a BCM upper. I would just save for the upper you want and keep an otherwise great piece of equipment.

Sounds like a lot of hassle just to get mid length gas... but I'm lazy.

^^^ This^^^

Warp
07-04-12, 19:56
I've been looking for my first AR recently. I really want a Colt. Money is a serious factor at the moment (already bought a Garand and reloading equipment/supplies this year!). I looked around myself, searched, and posted in the official "where to find" thread stickied here. The best deals seem to be: The occasional LGS, some Walmarts, and (for currently in stock) the two below websites.

If I were to consider a used 6920 I wouldn't personally want to spend more than $800-$850. $100-200 for a brand new gun I KNOW hasn't been fubar'd with is a premium I would be willing to pay. I can only assume plenty of other people think the same way. But that assumes that they know where to get the properly priced new guns.

Don't hold out. Please link the $900ish 6920s for the rest of us!

G&R Tactical
http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=6920

DSG Arms
http://dsgarms.com/ProductInfo/CO6920.aspx

g5m
07-04-12, 23:30
Another source:

http://www.gtdist.com/ProductDetail.aspx?PartNumber=COLT-LE6920

BufordTJustice
07-06-12, 19:23
I've been looking for my first AR recently. I really want a Colt. Money is a serious factor at the moment (already bought a Garand and reloading equipment/supplies this year!). I looked around myself, searched, and posted in the official "where to find" thread stickied here. The best deals seem to be: The occasional LGS, some Walmarts, and (for currently in stock) the two below websites.

If I were to consider a used 6920 I wouldn't personally want to spend more than $800-$850. $100-200 for a brand new gun I KNOW hasn't been fubar'd with is a premium I would be willing to pay. I can only assume plenty of other people think the same way. But that assumes that they know where to get the properly priced new guns.

G&R Tactical
http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=6920

DSG Arms
http://dsgarms.com/ProductInfo/CO6920.aspx

I agree. 800-850 for a used gun.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Epic 4G Touch

mdrums
07-07-12, 11:13
Anyone have luck at there local Walmart selling the LE6920 for $1089? I've only found 1 locally myself but this seems to be a great deal on a great gun.

Deuce
07-07-12, 11:35
Anyone have luck at there local Walmart selling the LE6920 for $1089? I've only found 1 locally myself but this seems to be a great deal on a great gun.

$1047 at my local WM.

wingspar
07-07-12, 23:21
$850 to $875 would be a good price. I wouldn’t pay any more for a used 6920. Save for a BCM upper is the best advice in this thread so far.

Mr Elbowseed
07-07-12, 23:56
There is a used one in a local Wisconsin shop
for 1200$ it is bone stock and appears to have been a safe queen though

Cricoid
07-08-12, 06:16
I paid $1100 out the door for my new 6920....I wager you could get $800-850 for yours. Be patient, save a little bit of dough here and there, and before you know it you'll have the Colt and your new rifle.

Barring malfunction issues and constant headaches, I'm of the school that says you should never sell any gun you own. You'll just regret it!

HKBanger
07-08-12, 07:06
You'll regret it. I love my BCM just as much as the next guy, but you just need to start your second build. What's the hurry? Shoot the shit out of your Colt in the meantime. You're feeling the itch of a 2nd AR.... it's completely normal... :D

ccarrier
07-08-12, 15:20
You'll regret it. I love my BCM just as much as the next guy, but you just need to start your second build. What's the hurry? Shoot the shit out of your Colt in the meantime. You're feeling the itch of a 2nd AR.... it's completely normal... :D

or a 3rd or 4th lol

John Fritz
07-08-12, 15:47
Put that 6920 back in the safe and start saving your shekels for your new gun, whatever it is you decide on.

You'll regret selling that Colt I would bet. I was just reading a thread on another site entitled "Guns You Should Never Have Sold" or something like that. It had many pages of posts... ;)

ccarrier
07-08-12, 22:26
saw one at my local walmart today for 1098

airman
07-09-12, 07:27
I just recently purchased a colt le6920 at walmart for 1097.00 plus tax. several walmart stores in ne arkansas have at least one in stock. I was wanting either a rra ath or a wilson combat tactical but saw the colt le6920 in stock and for the price could not resist. Glad I got the colt as it is accurate and with about 700 rounds both factory and reloads without 1 ftf or fte dont see how either of those rifles could be better. jmo

Jdbl14
07-09-12, 09:18
I wish walmarts around here had any AR-15s. Let alone Colts for a good price... You all are lucky.

jasonhgross
07-09-12, 11:51
Another vote for "keep it." No functional reason to get rid of the 6920, its as good or better a rifle than anything else out there. Maybe not as whiz-bang to some, but they will keep working, and you never have to second guess any part colt puts in it.

OkieOutlaw
07-09-12, 12:04
And yet another vote for keeping the Colt. I would NOT part with my LE6920 for double the money I paid for it at my local WalMart. The 1057 bucks and tax was worth every penny and do not regret the purchase in any way.

luckybaer
07-09-12, 14:52
I don't know your personal financial situation, but...

...at the risk of sounding like a broken record, I advise you to keep your Colt and save up for another rifle. :D

You already put the time and effort into researching prior to buying your Colt, and it isn't as though it costs you any money if you keep it nice and clean in your gun safe, right?

Good luck - whatever you decide!