PDA

View Full Version : opinions?

turnnwrench
07-04-12, 01:18
Looking for advice. I purchased a Colt 6920 for my first AR, since purchase I have changed/upgraded to AAC Blackout flash hider, Magpul MOE + grip, magpul carbine fore grip, cheapy red dot, Magpul buis, Magpul AFG2, and Magul 30rd pmags w/ranger plates. Ive shoot the shit out of it ...2000 rounds in 2 months. My question is what is my best option for extended fore grip, carbine length is feeling tight. Should I just save my pennies for a middy w/ a long rail or should I bite the bullet and shave my front sight base for a longer rail or rail w/fsb cutout? Cash is some what of a concern, opinions and experiences appreciated. Been looking at rails w/ Fsb cutout but not sure on two piece rails. Thanks.

M4Fundi
07-04-12, 01:49
I would put a Centurion Arms FSP rail on it and continue to "shoot the shit out of it". :p

The owner and designer of these rails is a very well respected active duty SEAL and his products and gunsmithing are HIGHLY respected in and outside of the Teams. LAV endorses him one of his rifles.

http://www.centurionarms.net/

TomMcC
07-04-12, 02:16
It depends on how much rail you need. Do you need rails festooned all over your handguard? If not maybe a tube type HG is for you.

Stan9106
07-04-12, 05:16
I shaved the FSB on my BCM carbine and put an 11" Samson Evolution HG on it. I am super happy with it. It's light, has no sharp edges like a quad rail, and you can put rail sections only where you need them.

chadil1ac
07-04-12, 05:38
Can't complain too much about the Troy Alpha 13". It's light, easy to install and uses the standard barrel nut.

It does get hotter quicker than my Larue did but unless you are doing multiple mag dumps in a row, I don't see it being an issue.

All you would need to do is shave the post. Sorry, can't post pics, I'm camping at the moment.

Campbell
07-04-12, 06:55
I shaved mine, and added an Apex 12...if you just want to get your hand out there farther, its a simple fix. Any of the rails mentioned above are gtg, I like ones that use the factory barrel nut.

HKBanger
07-04-12, 10:12
I'd go with the a Centurion C4. I prefer the non cut out's but if that's your thing then they are arguably the best on the market. They use the standard barrel nut and are two piece rails. Don't worry about it being a two piece, this is irrelevant and actually only a good thing.