PDA

View Full Version : Daniel Defense v5 LW video review

Snareman
07-04-12, 10:56
Just picked up a DDM4v5LW and did a little video review of it in its stock version. At 6lb 2oz stock, its nice and light. Its a great rifle and comes from Daniel Defense with a lot of Magpul stuff already installed on the rifle, not to mention QD swivel mounts for attaching a single or 2 point sling.

Daniel Defense v5 LW Review (http://youtu.be/KF7PT3HHhFo)

Quentin
07-05-12, 00:10
Good video... and nice rifle too!

Snareman
07-05-12, 00:11
Good video... and nice rifle too!

Thanks!

ForTehNguyen
07-05-12, 09:27
good review, this model is the same configuration my rifle is in

Icculus
07-05-12, 09:38
Enjoy your new rifle; you made a fine choice.

That Jukebox guy commenting on your video is wrong though. The rifle in that video does not have the new DDM4 rail and is indeed wearing an OmegaX (which is a fine rail and won't let you down--I have one on a v1) You can tell by the way it bolts up and how far the bottom rail sticks down. Also the new DDM4 rail has QD sockets front and back; not just in the back near the receiver.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=107082

duece71
07-05-12, 11:51
I bought a V3 and couldn't be happier. If I were to do it again I would go with the V5 standard or maybe LW just because there would be more options for optics due to the absense of a FFS. You made a great choice.

jaxman7
07-05-12, 12:37
Good review man and thanks for making it.

Good grief I have a love/hate relationship with reading YouTube video comments. I can't keep score whether some piss me off or make me laugh more. One guy is complaining about the rail being too long and it may inhibit him from cleaning the gas block.

-Jax

Clem
07-05-12, 12:53
Good review man and thanks for making it.

Good grief I have a love/hate relationship with reading YouTube video comments. I can't keep score whether some piss me off or make me laugh more. One guy is complaining about the rail being too long and it may inhibit him from cleaning the gas block.

-Jax

Yeah, I tend to ignore the comments on YouTube, cuz I know they'll drive me nuts.
But I did see one saying how the rail is too heavy, and I just had to roll my eyes on that one.