PDA

View Full Version : Rail Covers???

whick1
07-05-12, 07:15
I hope this is in the right place. I am looking at getting some rail covers for my new DDM4V5. It came with 3 low profile covers which only cover about half of the empty rail space I have. I reallyt like the looks of the non low profile ones such as the Troy, Tango Down, Magpul XT and KAC. What ones of this type of covers do you have experience with good or bad. Which would you recommend and who has the ones you suggest in stock. I appreciate the help I tried searching but could not find anything.

SteadyUp
07-05-12, 07:34
I'll do what at least someone is going to tell you to do, and that is to search the site, as there will certainly be information available about rail covers.

I currently use LaRue Index Clips. They have the advantage of not adding substantial bulk to the rail profile, they're easily adjustable, and the price isn't too bad either (about $30 for a 72 piece set). Here's a thread about them: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=78978. I've tried Magpul XT and XTM panels, and regular rail ladder covers, and I won't go back after using the LaRue clips.

Failure2Stop
07-05-12, 10:05
The index clips are my current favorite, along with thinned and stippled KAC panels.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Ouroborous
07-05-12, 10:09
Stippled LaRue clips are my favorite by far.

Failure2Stop
07-05-12, 10:35
Stippled LaRue clips are my favorite by far.

Forgot, I stippled mine.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

skatz11
07-05-12, 11:18
I prefer the Magpul XT covers. The are slightly thinner than the KAC covers and have a decent texture. Also very easy to cut to size.

I could see how stippled KAC covers would be killer though.

Also thinking about trying out some Larue clips... i'm out of Dillo dust.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

MrSmitty
07-05-12, 11:43
I've tried Magpul XT and XTM panels, and regular rail ladder covers, and I won't go back after using the LaRue clips.

I'll second that...

Dionysusigma
07-05-12, 16:33
Along the lines of this topic, where does everyone get their KAC panels? Only time I was able to find any was a local classifieds ad... :confused:

MrSmitty
07-05-12, 18:59
Along the lines of this topic, where does everyone get their KAC panels? Only time I was able to find any was a local classifieds ad... :confused:

King Optic (http://www.kingopticusa.com/Knight_s_Armament_s/26.htm)
KAC (http://www.knightarmco.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1&sort=20a&page=1)

Just to name a couple. Do a Google shopping search for them and you may come up with more.

Juicebox
07-05-12, 20:28
I prefer the KAC rail covers. I didn't like the Magpul offerings when I tried them (too thick).

Kokopelli
07-05-12, 20:55
I just got a 3-pak of KWIKGUARD covers from Amazon.. I like them.. Ron

zx2man
07-05-12, 22:06
It seems like the magpul and kac rails come up often as what people use these days.

Brian Brazier
07-06-12, 00:29
I really like the Tango Down SCAR panels, they are thin, stippled, and fit tightly on my rail.

gun71530
07-06-12, 00:51
Get the Larue index clips
Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Icculus
07-06-12, 11:18
I've used ladders, XTs and XTMs. Found myself wanting something that offered more heat protection than the ladders but something more streamlined and thinner than then XTM's so I've got the Larue clips on order.

FYI to the OP, if you order the index clips from Larue you won't see them for a bit. After I placed my order I received an email that they are backordered and won't ship till late July.

jasonhgross
07-06-12, 14:06
No need, I have been going naked for better grip and excellent heat dissipation. No issues so far.

sinlessorrow
07-06-12, 17:31

Ebay lol.

Certain vendors sell legit ones for $4-$6 per panel

Wiggity
07-06-12, 17:39
KAC definitly offers more heat protection than magpul