PDA

View Full Version : San Diego Fireworks Fail

chadbag
07-05-12, 14:32
I guess the 17min show they had planned was too long, so they shot them all off at once:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ifn8LJl5n0

here is a list of other videos of it

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=san+diego+fireworks&oq=san+diego+fireworks&gs_l=youtube.3..0j0i3l2j0i5.616259204.616263083.0.616263378.23.18.2.3.3.0.285.2179.12j3j3.18.0...0.0.YFvd7Py-9DQ

---

Timbonez
07-05-12, 15:12
That was still a badass show.

CarlosDJackal
07-05-12, 15:26
That was actually pretty freaking awesome!!

theblackknight
07-05-12, 15:35
Problems. I see none.

Zhurdan
07-05-12, 16:00
Talk about all your money going up in smoke!

Scoby
07-05-12, 16:09
That was awesome!

chadbag
07-05-12, 16:10
Talk about all your money going up in smoke!

That is how I feel every time I drive through your town! ;)

This San Diego thing was a fail in a technical sense, but for many people, was a great success! As long as it wasn't my money being used I think it would be great fun...

I was looking at some sort of firework (ground based that shoots sparks and stuff off from the ground) at Wal-Mart. It was $30. I know that is peanuts compared to some of the stuff you can buy, but it is still a lot of money for something that will be burning for a minute...

I enjoy fireworks when others are paying for them.

-

nimdabew
07-05-12, 16:22
That was pretty cool. I assume it was on a barge or some other platform put on by the city?

Zhurdan
07-05-12, 16:23
That is how I feel every time I drive through your town! ;)

This San Diego thing was a fail in a technical sense, but for many people, was a great success! As long as it wasn't my money being used I think it would be great fun...

I was looking at some sort of firework (ground based that shoots sparks and stuff off from the ground) at Wal-Mart. It was $30. I know that is peanuts compared to some of the stuff you can buy, but it is still a lot of money for something that will be burning for a minute...

I enjoy fireworks when others are paying for them.

-

This year was fairly quiet, not the "Little Beirut" that we're known for. With all the dry weather and fires around here, people smartly toned it down a bit.

I've been trying to find the article about the "Little Beirut" nickname that our town was given a few years ago with no success. It really is a sight to see when there's a 360 degree barrage of fireworks going off for hours on end.

rjacobs
07-05-12, 19:55
The show in my city outside of St. Louis is getting shorter and shorter. It used to last for close to an hour(were talking 20+ years ago) and last night it was 4 or 5 songs(so I guess maybe 12-15 minutes). The show itself was decent, but just way to short.

chadbag
07-06-12, 09:55
This year was fairly quiet, not the "Little Beirut" that we're known for. With all the dry weather and fires around here, people smartly toned it down a bit.

I've been trying to find the article about the "Little Beirut" nickname that our town was given a few years ago with no success. It really is a sight to see when there's a 360 degree barrage of fireworks going off for hours on end.

Cool name :)

We were up there last year for the festivities. This year we figured it would be toned down due to weather and dryness, and my sister said that fireworks were banned on the 3rd due to wind but the 4th was going to be a "wait and see". We also could not be getting home at 2am due to early morning swim lessons etc.

But last year was a royal blast! "Little Beirut" is an apt name for it.

---

Smash
07-06-12, 10:21
I know there has been a lot of progression throughout the years in fireworks as far as timing goes(Coordinating with musical numbers etc). I just feel like I haven't seen much advancement in appearance of the explosives themselves. The fireworks industry seems to be stuck on pause.

It's still fun to watch and I'm not bashing it I just feel like there should have been some progress over the last decade.

Mauser KAR98K
07-06-12, 11:51
Just save the money next year and do a high altitude detonation of a fuel/air bomb.

CLHC
07-06-12, 22:33
They went out in a blaze of glory! :D

FromMyColdDeadHand
07-06-12, 23:35
Just play it back in slow motion, it looks fine ;)

Mauser KAR98K
07-07-12, 00:15
Next year, fireworks with fast Bebop jazz.