PDA

View Full Version : My SPR

C4IGrant
08-29-06, 18:09
I built this gun awhile ago using a Noveske CM 18" barrel, LT 13.2 and a CMT Receiver. When the new VLTOR MUR receivers came out, I wanted to upgrage. The weapon was also black and not being a big fan of all black weapons, I decided to paint some it with the new Foliage Green Ceramic coating from KG Industries. Since I had the Tango Down FG VG and Covers in stock I thought I would see how they matched. Last, but not least, I put the new BFG Vickers sling in FG on. It turned out pretty well and I love the FG color for its transformation capability.

C4

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/Grant's%20weapons/SPR%20in%20FG.JPG

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/Grant's%20weapons/SPR%20MUR%20in%20FG.JPG

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/Grant's%20weapons/SPR%20TD%20in%20FG.JPG

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/Grant's%20weapons/WG9DT%20in%20FG.JPG

MudBug
08-29-06, 19:31
Wait, WTF Digilight is that?

Are they any better quality now than the first one I got during that sale awhile ago?

Nice stick BTW.

TOrrock
08-29-06, 19:33
That's a bad motor scooter Grant! :cool:

GastonG-NoVa
08-29-06, 20:41
What bi-pod is that?? Weapon looks nice as well.

Robb Jensen
08-29-06, 20:47
What bi-pod is that?? Weapon looks nice as well.

Looks like TangoDown to me.

Grant who's safety is that and what trigger? The pins look huge, maybe it's just the photo.

C4IGrant
08-30-06, 09:16
Wait, WTF Digilight is that?

Are they any better quality now than the first one I got during that sale awhile ago?

Nice stick BTW.

Same as the one you got, they just decided to put their name on them.

C4

C4IGrant
08-30-06, 09:18
That's a bad motor scooter Grant! :cool:

Thank you Sir. Shoots 1/2" groups as well. :D

C4

C4IGrant
08-30-06, 09:19
Looks like TangoDown to me.

Grant who's safety is that and what trigger? The pins look huge, maybe it's just the photo.

It is the Tango Down bipod.

The safety/trigger is JP Enterprises single stage.

C4

Neeglik
08-30-06, 10:20
I'm digging the safety!!

Very nice Grant. I so can't wait to get my Recce/SPR done. Now if I could just decide which one to do...

SuicideHz
08-30-06, 10:25
NICE! I like how you do that thing with the airbrush where you don't cover up engravings and markings...

:D

C4IGrant
08-30-06, 13:29
NICE! I like how you do that thing with the airbrush where you don't cover up engravings and markings...

:D

Thanks! I really like the VLTOR markings on the receiver and didn't want cover them. It was pretty easy to do.

C4

MudBug
08-30-06, 13:44
Same as the one you got, they just decided to put their name on them.

C4

Maybe there is confusion. By "sale" I meant the accidental release of the LE coupon code when they first went public.

And by quality I was mostly talking about the on/off switch which is fairly cheap on mine, though it all works just fine, I don't trust it. The switch on yours is different, does it seem better built than the early versions?

My light functions fine and rides in my range bag as a back-up, I just don't quite trust the switch.

C4IGrant
08-30-06, 16:09
Maybe there is confusion. By "sale" I meant the accidental release of the LE coupon code when they first went public.

And by quality I was mostly talking about the on/off switch which is fairly cheap on mine, though it all works just fine, I don't trust it. The switch on yours is different, does it seem better built than the early versions?

My light functions fine and rides in my range bag as a back-up, I just don't quite trust the switch.

The switch you most likely have is the Z61. The switch you see in the pic is the Z68. Both are made by SF and of high quality.

C4

olds442tyguy
08-30-06, 18:45
Excellent set up Grant. My only complaint is that the MUR makes standard lowers look bland. :D

C4IGrant
08-31-06, 08:52
Excellent set up Grant. My only complaint is that the MUR makes standard lowers look bland. :D

That it does my friend.

C4

Grendelizer
09-05-06, 16:39
I love the FG color for its transformation capability.

Grant, can you say more about what you mean by this?

John

C4IGrant
09-05-06, 16:43
Grant, can you say more about what you mean by this?

John

Yes. In full sun the FG color appears, well green, but lighter than OD. In urban environments (poorly lit areas) the colors looks more gray. This is why the ARMY uses it in their ACU.

C4

akturbo
09-30-06, 10:46
Grant,
I received the upper that you put together for me.
It is great, and I'm looking forward to getting the other odds and ends that your sending(Magpul PRS, LaRue scope mount, TD grip, etc.,etc.)

Details: VLTOR MUR, Noveske 16"SS, DD lite 10", Troy front and rear BUIS,

Thanks for the great service and the excellant workmanship!!!!

Bob

C4IGrant
09-30-06, 11:00
Grant,
I received the upper that you put together for me.
It is great, and I'm looking forward to getting the other odds and ends that your sending(Magpul PRS, LaRue scope mount, TD grip, etc.,etc.)

Details: VLTOR MUR, Noveske 16"SS, DD lite 10", Troy front and rear BUIS,

Thanks for the great service and the excellant workmanship!!!!

Bob

Glad you like it Bob!

C4

45-Bravo
10-01-06, 07:02
Grant has all the cool toys! :cool: