PDA

View Full Version : Vector Arms UZI

5pins
01-21-08, 15:44
Anyone have any experience with the Vector arms UZI sold by Atlantic Firearms?
http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/programming/expand.asp?Prodid=76

TOrrock
01-21-08, 18:17
I've had limited exposure to the semi auto Vectors but they seemed very well put together. I have several friends with transferrable select fire Vectors and they are top notch subguns.

mark5pt56
01-21-08, 18:21
Some time ago I picked up an IMI B model and then a Vector. I got the Vector mainly to have a shooter. The first one I got had alot of fail to fire's. It would go into battery, but nothing on the trigger. I was shooting Nato ball. One day, as it cycled, kaboom! gas flew out of the top cover and the cover was slightly bent up. I recovered the casing and it was obviously an out of battery ignition. I did at one time have the case and pieces. It made enough concern to send it back and I got a new one. They didn't want to, but, I persisted and convinced them it was the best thing to do.

Well, the second one had some problems as well, trigger not reseting, same ftf's as the 1st, no Kabooms though. I was ready to just send it back with a refund but I was lucky enough to be in a position to have a foreign armorer go through it and correct the issues and it worked like a champ. I disclosed the history and sold it and never looked back. I forget all that was wrong with the second Vector, but he said ill fitted parts was the main issue, beside head shaking as he fixed it.

Now the B model IMI is another story, if you can find one, spend the extar money and buy it.

YMMV

Mark

Phil Hirsh
01-22-08, 20:29
I had a Vector Uzi that was the worst peice of junk I ever bought! It jammed a dozen different ways and wouldn't even function with hot ammo. I called Vector and asked for a refund. They gave a little bit of a hassle but in the end I got my money back. I was really dissapointed with that rifle. The write up about the companty that I read in Small Arms Review made me think I was on to a good thing. Ironically, just after I got that ill uzi there was another article in SAR about trouble shooting UZI issues. Buy a Berretta Storm. Mine is the best 9 M/M carbine I have ever had. Accurate as hell, dead reliable and ergonomic as can be.

MX5
01-24-08, 08:44
After extensive shooting, I've found my Vector to be the equal of my IMI.

Phil Hirsh
01-24-08, 16:22
I'm glad yours works well. Not every one is a lemon. I guess it's my bad luck. I know it's a prejudice, quite unreasonable, but I don't trust Vector products now... can I buy yours? I've always wanted a CETME but I would never buy one unless it was a proven gun. Century Arms just worries me. Have you noticed that hardly anything made these days is as good as it could be right out of the box? Everything is a kit.

KDG
01-24-08, 18:01
Years ago, maybe 15 years I had the chance to buy an IMI UZI for around 400 bucks. I didn't buy it :mad: Have always regretted letting that one go.

I think it would make a great inside the home defence gun.

It is on my short list of guns I would like to have.

Phil Hirsh
01-24-08, 19:58
Buy a Berretta Storm. It beats the hell out of the Uzi. Lighter. Accurate! Ergonomic... it's the way to go for about 600.00.

mark5pt56
01-25-08, 07:59
The Vector AK's work like a champ from my experience.