PDA

View Full Version : Spartan Blades Enyo?

Jellybean
07-08-12, 00:33
So I've looked around quite a bit on google and all I seem to be finding are "ohh 'n ahh" pictures and a lot of halfassed reviews. I even ran across one fellow that did a writeup on it because it looked cool but he didn't even own one yet. :mad:

For anyone that doesn't know which one I mean, here is the thing: http://spartanbladesusa.com/enyo-inside-waist-band-neck-knife-edc-p-72.html

Basically, is this knife any good? Is it worth using as a general purpose EDC fixed blade?
I don't really care how "cool" it looks, but for some reason when looking at small fixed blades I keep coming back around to this one.

From what I've gathered so far it seems to have a pretty decent sheath with some carry options, doesn't seem to have the worst blade profile ever (but I know nothing so...), and is right around what I think I can work with in size, being a slim guy.

I seem to be reading mixed signals on S30V steel- some folks rave about it, and others think a knife like this is overpriced for mere S30v.

Other than that.... I can't seem to find a real objective review for it.
Is this thing any good at all for a general purpose knife?
What about if pressed into a defensive role?

Your thoughts?

ranger5
07-08-12, 06:43
Jellybean,
I have used one of these knives for years. It is well made and holds and edge. I highly l recommend any knives this company produces.

johnlee
07-08-12, 07:56
Good steel, nice design and grind, nice and light. Small and easy to carry yet big enough to be useful. It would make a nice daily companion. Spartan Blades make nice knives.

goteron
07-08-12, 09:33
I've been using one for a few weeks AIWB. I had to modify the sheath, but so far I like it. I need to make a trainer for it.

http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa436/TacticalElitist/cb042488.jpg

Jellybean
07-08-12, 16:00
What exactly did you do to modify the theath- I see a different clip. Anything else?
Why?

goteron
07-08-12, 16:34
Here is an unmodified sheath.

http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa436/TacticalElitist/3af05f00.jpg

I took that top bump off to allow a full standard or reverse grip. I added "click" type retention.

I added the comp-tac clip for angled aiwb carry.

Jellybean
07-08-12, 17:22
I see.
Is there any way to explain what you mean by "added click retention" without actually seeing it?

That photo looks strangely familiar- did you do a "opening the box" video on youtube?

goteron
07-08-12, 18:55
That second photo is one I found in a search. I did not do any vids.

I bought my enyo used, so there was little retention. I just modified it so it "clicked" it and out.

Numaniyah
07-09-12, 13:39
I have had an Enyo for a year or so now, and I've really liked it (but I am no expert on knives).

It's lightweight and easy to carry either inside the waistband with the supplied loop or in my pocket without the loop. I hardly notice it's there, and I carry pretty much every day. I don't use it to cut things very often though, as I just use a Swiss Army Knife for every days stuff like opening boxes. I have never had to worry about it thought, the bade has never required any real care because the finish has held up well and it has kept its edge.

http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k624/renegadeA26/enyo1.jpg

I did wrap the handle and it helped me grip the blade a little more securely. I have a large hand, but the Enyo still feels good and is easy to grip. Bottom line, I really like the Enyo and like the sheath that comes with it.

I really want to find a trainer for this thing, but have not had any luck.

Jellybean
07-10-12, 01:37
Thanks so far fellows!

That second photo is one I found in a search. I did not do any vids.

I bought my enyo used, so there was little retention. I just modified it so it "clicked" it and out.

Ok- picture must have just been from that guy then.

If you don't mind, what did you do to fix the retention?
It wouldn't seem there's much in the way of tension adjustment on the sheath. Just reheat/reshape a little bit?

highlighter
07-10-12, 17:34
I have had an Enyo for a year or so now, and I've really liked it (but I am no expert on knives).

It's lightweight and easy to carry either inside the waistband with the supplied loop or in my pocket without the loop. I hardly notice it's there, and I carry pretty much every day. I don't use it to cut things very often though, as I just use a Swiss Army Knife for every days stuff like opening boxes. I have never had to worry about it thought, the bade has never required any real care because the finish has held up well and it has kept its edge.

http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k624/renegadeA26/enyo1.jpg

I did wrap the handle and it helped me grip the blade a little more securely. I have a large hand, but the Enyo still feels good and is easy to grip. Bottom line, I really like the Enyo and like the sheath that comes with it.

I really want to find a trainer for this thing, but have not had any luck.

Nice!

goteron
07-11-12, 10:31
It wouldn't seem there's much in the way of tension adjustment on the sheath. Just reheat/reshape a little bit?

Yes sir...

I just ordered some 3/16 aluminum to make a trainer, will post pics when its done..

Jellybean
07-12-12, 00:29
I just ordered some 3/16 aluminum to make a trainer, will post pics when its done..

That would be very interesting to see.

signal4l
07-12-12, 08:29
I owned one and sold it. The choil was too shallow for my tastes. My index finger got cut when my hand slipped forward.

I bought one of these instead:

http://www.edcknives.com/f-perrin-concepts-neck-bowie/

snackgunner
03-06-14, 07:22
Any other reviews on this knife? Looks like a good knife but the last post here makes me worry some.

Did you pick one up jellybean?

signal4l
03-06-14, 09:12
My advice is to try before you buy. My sample of 1 was a very nicely made knife. It just didnt fit my hand.

jc000
03-06-14, 20:12
I currently carry a Phobos for defensive EDC (the Phobos is Spartan's pre-Enyo neck knife). I think the holster is great for horizontal belt carry.

I will say I've come to appreciate a thinner blade for utility EDC tasks (I also carry a folder for these tasks). YMMV, probably more important if you plan on using your EDC for food prep.

patriot_man
03-09-14, 07:42
From my short period of time with it I can tell you it had a wickedly sharp edge that held quite well.

The sheath was great and the single belt loop allowed the knife to move and readjust easily when sitting or standing (IWB) use. Size was fine for me.

Wake27
03-20-14, 21:19
Also curious if you got one OP. I just ordered one to replace my G19 when I move. There's a video from SHOT 14 on YouTube that is pretty interesting. I'm excited to try it as I've never had an EDC or fixed blade knife.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk