PDA

View Full Version : Help me find the m4 for me.

slow06gto
01-21-08, 19:48
First off I would like to say hi to everyone as I am new to the site. Kinda a newb to the whole black rife thing. Have gone shooting with a friend who has two ar's. I am looking to buy a m4 rifle. I pretty much know what I am looking for. This is what I want.

16 inch 1:7 twist barrel
4 rail free float
front and rear flip up sights
flat top
6 position stock

Is there anywhere I can buy a complete rifle with everything im looking for? I have been looking at Rock River Arms(RRA) and Armalite but neither seem to offer all the options I am looking for. I also looked at CMMG but im having trouble with some of the options.(im a newb haha) Well thats all that comes to mind right now thanks for the help in advance. If I think of anything else I will let you guys know.

Thanks again,
Tom

CobraCutterPB
01-21-08, 20:12
why do u want a free float rail?

slow06gto
01-21-08, 20:18
from what I hear that would help accuracy and cooling. Please correct me if im wrong. I also want to be able to shoot 5.56 woth no worry.

TBomb
01-21-08, 21:25
Some more information could probably help narrow down the choices. What is the major purpose for getting the rifle? How much money are you looking to spend?

You could go with something like this that will be the best thing going that meets your criteria right out of the box:

http://noveskerifleworks.com/cgi-bin/imcart/display.cgi?item_id=r161556&cat=51&page=1&search=&since=&status=

Then again, that's also going to be one of the more (if not most) expensive options out there. You can get a LMT that will meet those qualifications but you'll have to add a rail and if you want flip-up sights you'll have to either replace or modify the front sight/gas block in order for a traditional rail to fit and to put a flip-up front sight on. Alternatively, you can leave the front sight in place and use one of the rails that are designed to fit around the sight tower and use either a flip-up or fixed rear sight.

I am by no means an expert as I've just begun doing my own research, and many of your criteria are on my list as well, but I have not found a single rifle other than the Noveske Recon that meet all of those criteria out of the box. From what I've read, everybody who owns a Noveske will tell you that they are worth every penny.

Hope that helps.

jhs1969
01-21-08, 21:38
Look at LMT's MRP.

slow06gto
01-21-08, 21:39
Well I was looking at spending 1000-1500. That also does not look to be a m4 like I am looking for. So is there no way to get an out of the box m4-ar without a fixed front sight?

Gunfighter13
01-21-08, 21:40
First off I would like to say hi to everyone as I am new to the site. Kinda a newb to the whole black rife thing. Have gone shooting with a friend who has two ar's. I am looking to buy a m4 rifle. I pretty much know what I am looking for. This is what I want.

16 inch 1:7 twist barrel
4 rail free float
front and rear flip up sights
flat top
6 position stock

Is there anywhere I can buy a complete rifle with everything im looking for? I have been looking at Rock River Arms(RRA) and Armalite but neither seem to offer all the options I am looking for. I also looked at CMMG but im having trouble with some of the options.(im a newb haha) Well thats all that comes to mind right now thanks for the help in advance. If I think of anything else I will let you guys know.

Thanks again,
Tom
Get with grant. He can put a LMT together for you with all the add-ons you could want.
http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?display=home

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=852

TBomb
01-21-08, 21:44
Well I was looking at spending 1000-1500. That also does not look to be a m4 like I am looking for. So is there no way to get an out of the box m4-ar without a fixed front sight?

Not that I've found in a 16" barrel with a 1 in 7 twist. The S&W M&P15T fits all of those criteria out of the box except it has a 1 in 9 twist. I would also second the idea of getting in touch with Grant and having him fix you up. From what I've heard he will take really good care of you and you'll have the exact rifle that you want. Let us know what you decide on!

CobraCutterPB
01-21-08, 22:24
I agree with the poster above. talk to grant and he can set you up with something that will work based on your application and his prices are very reasonable.

slow06gto
01-22-08, 19:34
well I think you guys have convinced me to go to grant haha I will talk to him in about a month when the time comes to buy. Thanks for all the help and im still waiting the hazzing haha

MonteSmoke
01-23-08, 02:22
this on any lower. talk to c4 Grant he will set u right. this is what i am getting
nov. n4 light on lmt def.2000 lower

http://noveskerifleworks.com/cgi-bin/imcart/display.cgi?item_id=n4lclpu&cat=48&page=1&search=&since=&status=

austinN4
01-23-08, 11:43
this on any lower. talk to c4 Grant he will set u right. this is what i am getting nov. n4 light on lmt def.2000 lower
Why go with the LMT lower? Why not just go with the whole N4 Lo Pro package?

R.Miksits
01-23-08, 17:36
Save money would be my guess. I have a Complete N4 Low PRo gun and love it. I also like how everythings matched.

Rob

BushmasterFanBoy
01-23-08, 18:27
If you haven't already, please check out the below link:
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=6642
Rob has put together an excellent chart which details what different companies offer in terms of quality. All too often members here tell stories of buying an AR-15 which lacks certain features, and then they soon find out that once they start running them hard they encounter problems.

If you're not going to be throwing alot of rounds downrange, then certain features will be less important to you (such as MPI parts). However, if you ever begin to start shooting at a higher quantity round count, you may encounter problems with the lesser quality brands.

I would suggest selecting a weapon that suits your needs. This will be hard, especially for a first time buyer because you haven't had the chance to really try out certain items, such as barrel length and how stuff balances. You may eventually end up going through multiple weapons in order to see which one suits you best.

As for actually buying one, there are many excellent site sponsors and industry experts who can build what you need. You have come to the right place.

MonteSmoke
01-23-08, 23:41
Why go with the LMT lower? Why not just go with the whole N4 Lo Pro package?

$$$$$$$$ Also i hade the lmt firt just to get a lower then came the n4

Save money would be my guess. I have a Complete N4 Low PRo gun and love it. I also like how everythings matched.Rob

your are right sir. i would of loved to of had a matching gun but i think that may come later.