PDA

View Full Version : Current going rate for Colt mags?

PaulL
07-08-12, 18:34
I have a local dealer that has a bunch of Colt 30-round mags for 23 bucks. Is anybody finding them for less than that right now? When I manage to sort through all the BS listings on the web, I end up at some dealer selling them for super-inflated-magical-Colt-is-the-be-all-end-all-and-totally-awesome prices. I'd like to have some Colt GI mags, but I don't want to get completely hosed in the process...

C4IGrant
07-08-12, 18:52
I have a local dealer that has a bunch of Colt 30-round mags for 23 bucks. Is anybody finding them for less than that right now? When I manage to sort through all the BS listings on the web, I end up at some dealer selling them for super-inflated-magical-Colt-is-the-be-all-end-all-and-totally-awesome prices. I'd like to have some Colt GI mags, but I don't want to get completely hosed in the process...

Funny you ask this. As a Colt Distributor, I am getting ready to order a case of these and should know my price on them this week. Will post what price I find out.

C4

mdrums
07-08-12, 18:59
$23-24 seems to be the going rate when you can find a couple of them.

Me being new at AR's and having a Colt with a Colt mag and a few MagPul P Mags I wonder if the Colt mags are worth double the price over D&H or NHMTG or Brownell's GI mags?...Thanks!

brushy bill
07-08-12, 19:18
That's about right from what I've seen. Cheapest I've found them has been at 44mag.com. 30s are currently out of stock, but below is price on 20s. Depending on how many you buy, shipping may or may not off set tax. I'd go for it or see what Grant comes up with.

http://www.44mag.com/product/colt_20_ar15_magazine/colt

PaulL
07-08-12, 22:21
Cool, thanks for the info. Grant, I'll be waiting to see what you have them for. Your site is usually the first place I check. :D

PaulL
07-08-12, 22:32
$23-24 seems to be the going rate when you can find a couple of them.

Me being new at AR's and having a Colt with a Colt mag and a few MagPul P Mags I wonder if the Colt mags are worth double the price over D&H or NHMTG or Brownell's GI mags?...Thanks!

Hey, guess your account got activated... :D

I believe (and I may be out of my lane here) NHMTG is the actual manufacturer of Colt's mags. I seem to remember that coming up recently. I have interest in good quality GI mags because I don't like to have all my eggs in one basket, so to speak. I like PMAGs and I like GI mags, so I have a good quantity of both. My interest in Colt-branded mags is admittedly aesthetic in nature.

I don't have experience with the others you mentioned, but I have heard bad stories about the el cheapos in general.

MarkG
07-11-12, 08:32
I believe (and I may be out of my lane here) NHMTG is the actual manufacturer of Colt's mags. I seem to remember that coming up recently.

Negative...

OKAY Industries manufactures magazines for Colt and NHMTG. Until recently, the NHMTG magazines were identical to Colt's except for the floorplate markings. Current production NHMTG magazines include a Magpul follower. The OKAY cage code is no longer stamped into current production NHMTG magazines.

PaulL
07-11-12, 10:30
Negative...

OKAY Industries manufactures magazines for Colt and NHMTG. Until recently, the NHMTG magazines were identical to Colt's except for the floorplate markings. Current production NHMTG magazines include a Magpul follower. The OKAY cage code is no longer stamped into current production NHMTG magazines.

10-4 thanks for the clarification. I knew they were connected somehow...

Weird how you sometimes hear people talking about one of the three being crap when they are all made in the same place...

ETA: Descriptions like this (http://www.44mag.com/product/nhmtg_30_usgi_ar15_magazine/223_ar15_magazines) are what had me confused. NHMTG is not actually "making" anything. Just a brand name, right?

MarkG
07-11-12, 14:57
10-4 thanks for the clarification. I knew they were connected somehow...

Weird how you sometimes hear people talking about one of the three being crap when they are all made in the same place...

ETA: Descriptions like this (http://www.44mag.com/product/nhmtg_30_usgi_ar15_magazine/223_ar15_magazines) are what had me confused. NHMTG is not actually "making" anything. Just a brand name, right?

Correct. NHMTG is a marketing name for Ronan. Ronan purchases directly from Okay.

PaulL
07-12-12, 08:30
Holy crap. Now there are 4 names involved? :blink:

The good news is they're all explained in this short little thread for the next poor sucker that needs to make sense of it. :D

C4IGrant
07-12-12, 08:51
Ok, finally got my pricing. They are expensive (even at my level). We intend on selling them for $19.95 (20rd or 30rd) and should have them in 1-2 weeks.

C4

Univibe
07-12-12, 20:22
Yeow! I have 30 brand new Colt thirties, I paid $10 each for a couple of years ago.

mdrums
07-13-12, 08:27
Out on a business trip in Daytona Beach FL and I stopped into Bucks Gun Shop and they have a pile of Colt 30 round mags for $15. I bought 5 of them. I triple checked everything...yep they are Colt mags, just like the one that came with my LE6920 I bought last month.

MarkG
07-13-12, 08:58
Out on a business trip in Daytona Beach FL and I stopped into Bucks Gun Shop and they have a pile of Colt 30 round mags for $15. I bought 5 of them. I triple checked everything...yep they are Colt mags, just like the one that came with my LE6920 I bought last month.

New Colt LE6920's have ALWAYS come with 20 round magazines. If your purchase included 30's, they were an upgrade.

ST911
07-13-12, 10:16
New Colt LE6920's have ALWAYS come with 20 round magazines. If your purchase included 30's, they were an upgrade.

Colt shipped 30rd mags in the OEM accessory packs with LE6920s for a short period of time several years ago.

MarkG
07-13-12, 10:56
Colt shipped 30rd mags in the OEM accessory packs with LE6920s for a short period of time several years ago.

Interesting...

I wonder how they segregated those models to prevent them from being shipped to states/cities with high cap bans.

PaulL
07-13-12, 13:00
Yeow! I have 30 brand new Colt thirties, I paid $10 each for a couple of years ago.

I remember getting 6 for 50 bucks at one point. :(

If I'd known then what I know now, I would have bought about eleventy billion of those, plus a tanker full of cheap gasoline.

usmcvet
07-13-12, 15:00
Grant, does this mean other Colt goodies will be in stock soon too?

C4IGrant
07-13-12, 16:10
Grant, does this mean other Colt goodies will be in stock soon too?

I have ordered 100 30rd and 100 20rd mags.

Colt advised that these mags are in stock with them.

If anyone is interested in them, please e-mail me with what you want and I will notify you as soon as they come in.

C4

mdrums
07-13-12, 20:09

Thanks didn't know that. My LE6920 came with 1-30rnd and 2-20 rnd Colt mags. I bought it new off the shelf at Take Aim in Palm Harbor (Tampa area) FL June 1 2012. My LE6920 has the "Restricted" roll mark and has been sitting at this store for awhile for some reason. It shoots great...fun fun fun!

JoshNC
07-13-12, 22:19

One of my three 6920s came with 30 round mags. The box is actually marked as such. I think I bought that particular rifle around 2003. I am currently away from the box for this rifle for the next year, but I just moved said box into the attic about 3 weeks ago and it most definitely is marked as coming with 30 round mags.

MarkG
07-14-12, 04:20
One of my three 6920s came with 30 round mags. The box is actually marked as such. I think I bought that particular rifle around 2003. I am currently away from the box for this rifle for the next year, but I just moved said box into the attic about 3 weeks ago and it most definitely is marked as coming with 30 round mags.

I've been schooled. So for a short period, at the end of the AWB, LE6920's came with 30 round magazines. I guess as they were only available to LE at the time so Colt wasn't worried about high cap bans.

cagusmc
07-14-12, 16:14
The best I got was $25.00 for 10 Colt twenty round mags. Also bought several Adventure line mags for $2.50 each. I wish the guy still had a box of them left.

dante2
07-23-12, 09:39
Botach Tactical has both the 20's and 30's for 18.98 each and free shipping. Personally I have ordered from them a few times and had no issues. Thought some might be interested.

SSGGlock
07-23-12, 13:08
Ok, finally got my pricing. They are expensive (even at my level). We intend on selling them for $19.95 (20rd or 30rd) and should have them in 1-2 weeks.

C4

What color are the followers on these?

35percent
07-23-12, 14:46
Any value for Colt pre-ban 20 rounders? I have 4 of them and the baseplate is marked Colt, but there is no manufacture date. I'll post pics later tonight.

C4IGrant
07-23-12, 15:59
What color are the followers on these?

I haven't received my order yet, but looking at the 30rd mags that come with Colt rifles, they are the green ones.

C4

Hydguy
07-24-12, 11:31
If a Colt mag isn't NIW, it shouldn't bring a premium, ESPECIALLY if you are buying them anywhere near a military base.

Okay, Parsons, Center Industries, Adventure Line, Universal, NHMTG, and who else has made/marketed GI mags for Colt? The pony on a base plate (which Colt didn't even make, yet again) really means nothing except it was made for Colt by someone else....

As for the person asking about pre-ban 20's, they usually don't bring any more than pre-ban Colt 30's, as most of the value in them is being pre-ban. However, some people will pay a touch more due to the alloy followers...

And just for laughs, there is a local gun store that is selling well used 30's(mixed, no premium for Colt) for about $25, regardless of condition!!!

C4IGrant
07-25-12, 11:48
Just got our shipment in!

For those interested, they can be found here:

20rd: http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=SP62103

30rd: http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=SP62328

C4

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/Colt/Colt20rd_Box.jpg

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/Colt/Colt20rd_Mag.jpg

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/Colt/Colt20rd_Mag1.jpg

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/Colt/Colt30rd_Box.jpg

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/Colt/Colt30rd_Mag.jpg

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/Colt/Colt30rd_Mag3.jpg

MarkG
07-25-12, 16:15
Just got our shipment in!

For those interested, they can be found here:

20rd: http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=SP62103

30rd: http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=SP62328

C4

There may be some writing (ball point pen) on the inside of one of the box flaps. What does it say?

rljatl
07-25-12, 16:25
Have you ordered any Colt bolt carrier groups? I am waiting to place an order. Thanks!

C4IGrant
07-25-12, 16:27
There may be some writing (ball point pen) on the inside of one of the box flaps. What does it say?

I have not emptied the boxes yet, but did not see any writing when I initially opened the boxes.

C4

MiamiSniper
07-25-12, 18:18
around the $25 mark

Iraqgunz
07-25-12, 22:26
How did you arrive at that figure? Just curious since GandR has them listed for 19.00? I bought some a while back from Botach and paid less than 20.00 each with free shipping.

around the $25 mark

chancezz
07-25-12, 23:09
Before I ask my question, first let me preface it with I am a proud owner of both a Bushmaster and Colt M4. OK, with that out of the way- I have a rifle made by Inter Ordinance. This rifle is patterned after the German Weigar, with a version of the AK mechanism. However, this particualr rifle is chambered in .223. The magazines that came with the unit are ProMags and I don't really think they were made for this gun. I have heard that there are "Bulgarian" waffle type mags that fit nicely. Using the Promags makes firing this rifle an unappealing proposition. Constant jams and misfires. Does ANYONE have a clue where I can get a correct mag for this gun. The model is STG 2000c. Inter Ordinance is no help as they don't even answer their emails and do not even carry this gun in .223 any onger. I have heard that their supplier no longer has any .223 barrels to sell the company. ANY help would be appreciated.

Chancezz

MiamiSniper
07-26-12, 08:06
How did you arrive at that figure? Just curious since GandR has them listed for 19.00? I bought some a while back from Botach and paid less than 20.00 each with free shipping.

that's what they cost at the gun shows around here, but thanks for the heads up....

MarkG
07-26-12, 18:38
I have not emptied the boxes yet, but did not see any writing when I initially opened the boxes.

C4

There is usually some initials followed by G#6 (or some other number) identifying the inspector and gage number. All of the Okay (Colt/NHMTG) magazines are hand gaged after assembly to verify fit in a master magwell. This is what leads to the scuffing on the sides that makes peoples head explode when their "new" magazines arrive.

jb1911
07-26-12, 18:52
One of the magazines that came with my LE6920 had the clip come loose that holds the bottom plate on. I just ordered a replacement from G&R. $19 for the magazine and $10 for shipping.:blink:

C4IGrant
07-26-12, 19:06
One of the magazines that came with my LE6920 had the clip come loose that holds the bottom plate on. I just ordered a replacement from G&R. $19 for the magazine and $10 for shipping.:blink:

Our shipping is a flat rate and if you order $150 worth of products, you get free shipping (on most items).

If you had purchased 10 mags, you would have gotten them for $17 apiece and FREE shipping. ;)

I am assuming (hoping) that you don't only have the two mags that came with your AR right??

C4

MiamiSniper
07-26-12, 19:30
Our shipping is a flat rate and if you order $150 worth of products, you get free shipping (on most items).

If you had purchased 10 mags, you would have gotten them for $17 apiece and FREE shipping. ;)

I am assuming (hoping) that you don't only have the two mags that came with your AR right??

C4

that's a great deal, will be ordering some...

jb1911
07-26-12, 21:37

C4

No, I have a half dozen pmags. I just wanted to replace the original Colt magazine that went all FUBAR.