PDA

View Full Version : LaRue Tactical ROCKS!

highlighter
07-09-12, 18:12
I've always heard that LaRue is the standard in optic mounts and lots of other stuff so I decided to order a SF X300 QD mount from them. The item seem expensive but quality is worth it right? Going through LaRue's website I almost ordered one of there "sniper" bumper stickers but I thought that maybe they will throw one in just to be nice. I wasn't disapointed! They sent all these freebees including a "tactical beer opener" that will see Lots of use! I've delt with companies that acted like they could give a shit if you gave them your business or not. With LaRue, I feel valued as a customer

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc139/Highlighter_08/7-9-12008.jpg

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc139/Highlighter_08/7-9-12013.jpg

Duffy
07-09-12, 18:16
They are good folks for sure, their customer service is something we learned from and try to emulate :)

saddlerocker
07-09-12, 18:49
I like their stuff, but id rather they keep all that stuff and lower the prices by $10

If I want stickers/seasoning/beer openers, ill buy them

indawire
07-09-12, 19:23
I hate to say it but my "free" dillo gets used every day. My wife says I like it more than anything she got me for Christmas in '09, the darn thing is wearing out. Guess I'll have to buy something else from the dead center of Texas.

og556
07-09-12, 19:26
LaRue is one of the only companies I don't mind paying MSRP through for any thing. Every optic and mount I have ever owned has been purchased through them.

The one time I had an issue with something they bent over backwards to fix it without me asking any thing of them.

BIGUGLY
07-09-12, 19:38
hate to see it but my dillo is also worn to the point that it takes a lot to get my bottles open. I will buy another since I was on their mailing list and got one free even though I didn't buy a product. With all the folks on here that give them the thumbs up it will be my next rifle.

Snake Plissken
07-09-12, 19:43
You'll find that most people have no problem with Larue brand products. However, many people have a problem with Mr. Larue himself.

usmcvet
07-09-12, 19:54
You'll find that most people have no problem with Larue brand products. However, many people have a problem with Mr. Larue himself.

What's the issue?

deadly0311
07-09-12, 20:09
Mark Larue the man is an arrogant dick. His products are absolutely top notch, he himself is just a dick

glocktogo
07-09-12, 20:39
I like their stuff, but id rather they keep all that stuff and lower the prices by $10

My wife likes the Dillo Dust so much, when we're running low she asks if I need anything from them.

You can't buy approval like that! :D

highlighter
07-09-12, 20:43
Mark Larue the man is an arrogant dick. His products are absolutely top notch, he himself is just a dick

I don't know about that. I do know he is a good businessman.

usmcvet
07-09-12, 21:02
Thanks. I've heard rumbilings but nothing concrete. I have bought their scope mounts and BUIS and asked several questions by phone. I was given a fair ammount of time on the phone, something rare these days. I was able to place an order for my PD very easily by phone and had the items shipped net 15 days, not every company will do that. I like the schwag and hand it out to my guys. They appreciate it. Many companies send it but theirs is quality. I really like the constitution they include.

Riddle
07-09-12, 21:47

while i do agree with you (i have too much dillo dust as it is), you could sell the freebies for $10 no problem

ST911
07-09-12, 22:23
What you've seen of LT's customer care isn't one tenth as impressive as the things you won't.

LT = GTG

KCBRUIN
07-09-12, 22:37

If they gave you $10 worth of swag at their cost you'd get a heck of a lot more than what you currently get. I can't imagine that stuff costs them more than a couple bucks. To me it's just a thank you from companies that know you could shop elsewhere.

sinlessorrow
07-09-12, 22:46
Larue rocks, I one time lost my adjustment wrench for my T-1 mount and I contacted them and asked if I could purchase a new one, and they ended up just shipping a new one out to me.

Larue is the only place I will pay MSRP and purchase from the manufacturer.

Koshinn
07-10-12, 00:29
If you buy a dillo from them, do you get a free dillo as well as dillo dust?

ddnguyen9
07-10-12, 01:13
I have a bunch of LaRue furniture on my M4 and I love their products. I love the meat seasoning that comes with the packages! Absolutely delicious on some steaks....

TehLlama
07-10-12, 01:43

Then they'd start to multiply. This is bad.

WS6
07-10-12, 05:04

Great company run by a raging man-child.

polymorpheous
07-10-12, 05:05
My wife likes the Dillo Dust so much, when we're running low she asks if I need anything from them.

You can't buy approval like that! :D

Yup.
Same with my girlfriend.

She also steals my dillos!

Koshinn
07-10-12, 05:23

You can never have too many dillos.

But that reminds me of a brief the other day, someone mentioned "female NVGs" and a CAPT next to me asked "is there such a thing as female NVGs?" I replied "Without female NVGs, how would baby NVGs get made, sir?"

5cary
07-10-12, 08:02

No. If you order a dillo, they'll send you a free T-1 mount.

I spent quite a bit of time getting my T-1 and ACOG mounts properly set up. I was very pleasantly surprised that I could swap them around and not lose zero. Of course I only ever tried it sitting at a bench on the range. They're pretty much dedicated to their own rifles now.

Anyone every swap mounts regularly?

...and I'm kidding about the free T-1 mount. Really.

rocsteady
07-10-12, 09:22
I ordered the UDE (urban dark earth) stock, pistol grip, and vfg and they included the same group of swag plus a "Larue Tactical" hat.

+1 on the dillo dust being great stuff too. Just cool that they bother to throw anything in on a purchase. BCM does a lot of the same.

thei3ug
07-10-12, 09:46
What am I supposed to do with two dozen bottle openers?

The man has been discussed, the customer service has been discussed, the products are a known entity.
The extras... everyone knows them and acts like they're collectible baseball cards. But over time they just don't have any meaning, and for people who frequent trade shows it's just another thing put in a bag and forgotten.

lunchbox
07-10-12, 10:26
What am I supposed to do with two dozen bottle openers?

The man has been discussed, the customer service has been discussed, the products are a known entity.
The extras... everyone knows them and acts like they're collectible baseball cards. But over time they just don't have any meaning, and for people who frequent trade shows it's just another thing put in a bag and forgotten.

Give them out as stocking stuffers. I can PM you my address.:D

glocktogo
07-10-12, 12:05

Yep. they're like Tribbles. :D

SpankMonkey
07-10-12, 12:21

Hahaha yeah Mark can be an ass. :D

Overall he is a pretty good guy. He has style you say that for sure.

ddnguyen9
07-10-12, 12:28
Anyone every swap mounts regularly?

On my M4, I have the LT100 for the ACOG optic, LT272 for the Surefire Scout Light and the LT130 for the Harris bi-pod. I love how I can remove all the accessories with breaking a sweat.

I removed my ACOG and used it as a spotting scope when my buddy was zeroing in his rifle. I placed the ACOG back on my M4 and the zero was still dead on. Needless to say, my friend was quite impressed with that.

TacticalTyler
07-10-12, 13:55
quote another guy on this thread. BCM does the same, I bought a upper from them awile back and a bunch of free stuff came with it. BCM catologs, BCM hat, stickers/decals and what not

indawire
07-10-12, 17:35
So maybe the boss is full of himself, he's obviously smart enough to hire the right people to fill the business operational end. If I need a friend I'll go pet my dog, just give me the service I'm paying for and I'm happy. Good products, outstanding customer service and made in the USA? How often do you see that anymore?

vicious_cb
07-10-12, 17:41
So maybe the boss is full of himself, he's obviously smart enough to hire the right people to fill the business operational end. If I need a friend I'll go pet my dog, just give me the service I'm paying for and I'm happy. Good products, outstanding customer service and made in the USA? How often do you see that anymore?

No but when Mark Larue takes his time to personally insult a paying customer, you tend to take your business elsewhere.

sinlessorrow
07-10-12, 17:52
Great company run by a raging man-child.

Yep. Great products, greats CS, sorry business owner.

dirt_diver
07-10-12, 17:56
No but when Mark Larue takes his time to personally insult a paying customer, you tend to take your business elsewhere.

Was it you he insulted?
I only ask because there's a whole lot of hearsay out there that I have seen and heard, but little in the way of first hand accounts.

Dionysusigma
07-10-12, 19:00
Would you rather have someone with the sunny disposition of Mr. Rogers with the CS of Taurus/Botach/Hk? :confused:

Hydguy
07-10-12, 19:49
I have only heard of Mr. LaRue being a dick to people who had it coming, and I don't blame him for that. Just because you are a 'paying customer' doesn't mean that you are always right or have the right to trash talk a company without being called to the carpet.
He and his company are brilliant designers and manufacturers of gear designed for hard use, an their CS is flat out the best.

docsherm
07-10-12, 20:13
Yes they do ROCK!!!!

CarbonCycles
07-10-12, 20:37
Would rather deal with a proven product from an AMERICAN company than a subpar product from CHINA (or any other foreign country).

jaxman7
07-10-12, 21:03
This is degrading fast guys. I've heard this or that about Mr. LaRue is getting old and wasn't the initial reason for the start of this thread. Yes their SWAG is the best out there IMO, yes they go out of their way to help a customer, and yes they have top notch products. Why must it degrade to talking bad about the owner? The guy ain't perfect and if he was it would be called Jesus Tactical.

-Jax

duece71
07-10-12, 21:13
Yep, just got the very swag after I received the Ares Ranger belt. I was supposed to get some index clips as well but apparently they are on back order. I like their stuff, I will order from them again. Dillo dust is good stuff, nice rub for the meat.

Dionysusigma
07-10-12, 21:40
The guy ain't perfect and if he was it would be called Jesus Tactical.

-Jax

That would be an awesome name for an album or TV show. :sarcastic:

glocktogo
07-10-12, 22:34
I have only heard of Mr. LaRue being a dick to people who had it coming, and I don't blame him for that. Just because you are a 'paying customer' doesn't mean that you are always right or have the right to trash talk a company without being called to the carpet.
He and his company are brilliant designers and manufacturers of gear designed for hard use, an their CS is flat out the best.

Having worked in the biz back in the 90's, I've actually told customers that their money was too expensive for the business to make a profit. Some folks just don't understand that concept. :(

WS6
07-10-12, 22:41
Was it you he insulted?
I only ask because there's a whole lot of hearsay out there that I have seen and heard, but little in the way of first hand accounts.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_18/578402_Aimpoint_M4_M4S_Mount___Best_Bang_For_The_Buck_.html&page=1

Iraqgunz
07-10-12, 22:58
Thanks to the OP for this. I think we can shut it down now.