PDA

View Full Version : General Customer Service Kudos

VIP3R 237
07-09-12, 18:40
So i was thinking back about the companies who have really gone above and beyond in the customer service aspect and instead of having multiple threads, why not just have a designated thread where if you've had a great experience with a company, we can all share the details?

My experiences have been memorable with a couple companies, now in no particular order.

Troy Industries: I purchased a TRX Extreme rail and the top rail never aligned correctly with my upper reciever rail. I called troy about this and they paid for shipping both ways, and upgraded to the new Alpha rail design.

Vortex Optics: I was using one of their SPARC rds, and during a class i dropped my gun and it cracked the lens. I contacted Vortex and 5 days later i had a new SPARC in my hands.

Geissele: I purchased a SSA second hand and it did not come with genuine Geissele pins, so i emailed Geissele asking if i could purchase some pins and they sent me new pins free of charge and some swag.
here's the thread about this https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=107443

Kudos to these companies!

ForTehNguyen
07-09-12, 19:14
AIM Surplus - real fast email response, flexible on order changes

Palmetto State Armory - forgot about my order for a few weeks, I emailed them asking about it, they said sorry and sent me a free pmag.

Bushmaster - for the firing pin recall they sent my rifle back to me in a hardcase and 2 pmags.

halo2304
07-10-12, 20:07
Spyderco - A number of years ago, I bought a used Delica (I think) that didn't have the pocket clip. I called them wanting to buy one. The customer service person asked for my information and a few days later I had a new pocket clip and some screws free of charge.

Surefire - Similar to Spyderco, I bought an ARMS adapter for one of the 950 series lights but it didn't have the screws. Called Surefire to find out the thread specs as nothing I had on hand seemed to match. The customer service person asked for my information and sent them to me for free.

Jellybean
07-10-12, 22:34
Daniel Defense-

When I got my V3 I had a couple problems- I could not get the gun to zero, and I had awful double feed jams every few rounds.
I called them, arranged to send the rifle back- turns out it had a bent barrel, which they replaced.
I took it out, still had some problems with jamming, called them again. I was referred to a customer service rep over Email, who promptly figured it out from pictures I sent him- bad extractor.
They arranged to send me a new extractor, and my vert grip that didn't come back with the rifle the first time.
When I got the package, they had sent me a whole new bolt, and a NIB vert grip.
By this point everyone over there must have known who I was, and a second CS guy had contacted me through email to check up on how everything was progressing.

So a huge thanks to Joe Marler and William Bouck, as well as the rest of the DD crew for taking care of me.

Eurodriver
07-11-12, 06:09
G&R Tactical.

+1

munch520
07-11-12, 07:31
G&R Tactical.

+1

^Him, Raven Concealment, Centurion, and Battle Arms Development. 'Above and beyond' doesn't even begin to describe the way they do business.

CarlosDJackal
07-11-12, 09:18
Just some of the companies that I have repeatedly received excellent Customer Service from (in no particular order):
- Brownells
- Bushnell
- LWRCI
- BCM
- MagPul
- Glock
- Ruger
- Virginia Arms (Manassas, VA)
- Viking Tactics
- BFG
- SKD Tactical

Pork Chop
07-11-12, 10:19
Hornady
Magpul
Midway USA
IWC

Pumpkinheaver
07-12-12, 15:06
RCBS
Ruger
Dillon Precision
Nikon

I have had great CS from these companies.

Dienekes
07-12-12, 15:33
Brownell's. Not perfect, but awfully darned good for thirty years plus. I use them as a benchmark. If an organization isn't operating at that level they either don't know what they're doing or quit caring. Perhaps both.

Might as well throw in here the fact that I much prefer to deal with men rather than women on the phone as a general rule. Actually, make that anytime. :rolleyes:

Exceptions noted but they are rare.

polymorpheous
07-12-12, 15:55
I've had it both ways with Daniel Defense. but since this is about good CS...

Bad casting on a selector, sent a new one out without question.
Bought a second hand Omega that needed the flat head screws sent me out 6 of them, again with out question.

RCBS sent me out some missing parts for a trimmer I bought from a Gander Mountian sidewalk sale free of charge.

jaxman7
07-12-12, 18:10
Smith & Wesson on multiple occassions

Beretta sent me two new mags (96 vertec) after telling them that I had 2 magazines that consistently would not feed properly

Leatherman sent me a new Wave after I just about completely destroyed the one I purchased 8 years ago. I even asked if they'd send me one with the new black finish and they did without a problem.

ALG, as of now I am waiting on a new trigger to replace my current one thats been giving me minor problems. They are sending me a new unit no questions asked and I have received emails from Amy and Bill Geissele and both have been very helpful and courteous.

This one kind of surprised me:

Mossberg, I have a Mossberg 930 SPX shotgun that had some bolt/receiver issues. It is my 3gun shotgun and I've modified the forearm with a Magpul AFG and added a 3 gun gear Velcro side saddle to the receiver of which the loop part of the Velcro is mounted by adhesive to the receiver.
I sent it in (I paid for outgoing shipping and Mossberg paid for incoming). Less than 2 Weeks later I get a brand new 930 and I mean brand new with all the current upgrades (newer front sight, charging handle,etc) and they transplanted my old forearm onto the new gun. They also took off the Velcro sidesaddle and reapplied it to the new gun and its the same one I run on the gun to this day. Nothing spectacular but I like the fact they took the time to do that.

-Jax

VIP3R 237
07-12-12, 22:50
Well today i was blown away by HK. 2 days ago a customer brought in a P30 which the trigger return spring was broken. So we overnighted it out to HK tuesday and it showed up today repaired. talk about fast turnaround.