tb-av
07-10-12, 10:30
??????????
https://www.m4carbine.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=12795&d=1341934118

GTifosi
07-10-12, 10:39
Looks like a micro-sub
Newer version of a 2 man sub basically.

Don't know if its a wet, needing air tank on rider(s), or dry, not needing air on rider(s),version though.

Could be light years off though and its really just a torpedo version of a MOAB

tb-av
07-10-12, 10:51
I saw that the other day and at first thought it was some novelty smoker/cooker/bar-B-Q type thing then I realized they were gov plates.

So it is indeed a real sub.

telecustom
07-10-12, 11:24
GTifosi is correct. That is an SDV (swimmer delivery vehicle). It is designed to operate 'wet' with the doors there to protect the swimmers/operators.

Reagans Rascals
07-10-12, 11:54
Mk8 MOD1 SDV....

Moose-Knuckle
07-10-12, 12:09
OP, where did you snap the pic?

One would think a tarp would have been in order.

Spurholder
07-10-12, 12:11
I rode in one of those yesterday...

while playing Modern Warfare 3, that is :D

GTifosi
07-10-12, 12:17

Do a search on bing or google and you'll find a ton of pictures of them.
Some sitting on trailers on fair/circus grounds with people around and no guards, some looking like photo op shots, etc.

Even a few pix of the control panel out there.

Its not pulse laser rifle technology.

Moose-Knuckle
07-10-12, 12:50
Its not pulse laser rifle technology.

Never said it was.

I'm also aware of the infinite amount of pics of these on the web, not to mention sites like warboats.org.

Tarps have more than one purpose . . .

CarlosDJackal
07-10-12, 13:23
SEAL Delivery Vehicle (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SEAL_Delivery_Vehicle)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/89/SEAL_Delivery_Vehicle_loading.jpg

tb-av
07-10-12, 22:50
OP, where did you snap the pic?

I-95 near Doswell, VA

Moose-Knuckle
07-11-12, 02:05
I-95 near Doswell, VA

VA, that explains it. Cool, thanks for the response.

warpigM-4
07-11-12, 09:42
haha i thought it to be a grill at first glance didn't they have one in the Movie Navy seals ?I have never seen one in person

Reagans Rascals
07-11-12, 11:37
haha i thought it to be a grill at first glance didn't they have one in the Movie Navy seals ?I have never seen one in person

I don't recall one being in the movie NAVY SEALS with Charlie Sheen, They did perform a lock-out and open up the dry deck and get CRCC's out I think...

They utilized one in Act of Valor though

warpigM-4
07-11-12, 12:56
I don't recall one being in the movie NAVY SEALS with Charlie Sheen, They did perform a lock-out and open up the dry deck and get CRCC's out I think...

They utilized one in Act of Valor though

Your right Act of Valor is what I was thinking about Thanks i was racking My brain trying to figure out what Movie I saw that thing in

GTifosi
07-11-12, 13:13
Tarps have more than one purpose . . .

Ah, I get it, you were implying for protection other than security then?
Gotta think if it can handle a salt water environment it can handle a little road dust and an occasional flick of gravel.

Still, I suppose not a lot of people will huck rocks, beer cans or bullets at gov't property while its in the ocean, but moving down the road wide open on a trailer is kind of an open invitiation with neon lights and sparklers to some.

Moose-Knuckle
07-11-12, 15:10
Ah, I get it, you were implying for protection other than security then?
Gotta think if it can handle a salt water environment it can handle a little road dust and an occasional flick of gravel.

Still, I suppose not a lot of people will huck rocks, beer cans or bullets at gov't property while its in the ocean, but moving down the road wide open on a trailer is kind of an open invitiation with neon lights and sparklers to some.

That and OPSEC. Use to know a guy in the 75th that rode shotgun on some DOE transports. There may not be an issue but why take the chance when you can throw a $20 tarp over something. ;)