PDA

View Full Version : Question about MI SSG2-12 rail

captdreifus
07-10-12, 16:22
Hello,

I am rather new with free float rails and I have a question. Does anyone have experience with the MI SSG2-12 rail? I was planning on purchasing a BCM upper with one installed.

There seems to be several manufacturers that have similar modular rail systems (ie: Troy, MI, and VLTOR).

Those that have experience with these types of rails, how reliable are they? Do they have features that prevent the rail from torquing and damaging the gas tube?

Thanks,
Capt

Servo
07-10-12, 22:04
I'm assuming your talking about this: http://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_ID=450

There is no way for the barrel nut to crush the gas tube, unless the barrel nut wasn’t torqued on properly. Rails have anti rotational tabs of some kind that lock into the barrel nut, keeping the rail from rotating.

Troy, MI, Daniel Defense, Centurion, KAC, etc. Pick any one of the companies that advertise here and you will be good to go.

captdreifus
07-11-12, 13:58
Great!

Thanks for the heads up.:thank_you2:

Capt

TomMcC
07-11-12, 16:47
There is no anti-rotation tabs on that rail. The gas tube is the anti-rotation device. It would take considerable force to shear a gas tube off, also if the barrel nut is torqued properly you shouldn't have a prob.