PDA

View Full Version : CMC drop in trigger??

usaffarmer
01-22-08, 00:48
Any thoughts on these? I have felt them in a rifle and feels really nice and smooth. But have not shot a rifle with this trigger any one have experiance with them? thanks in advance.

this would be going in a POF lower that i am currently building.

onmilo
01-22-08, 08:08
I have this flat face two stage model in a 24" barrel hunting rifle.
It works quite well for one or two well aimed shots at a time.
Nice crisp let-off.

For a tactical rifle this would be the last trigger group I would consider.

http://www.fototime.com/41D93F15E620A5E/standard.jpg

wahoo95
01-22-08, 08:14
I've heard mixed results, but I like mine. Most agree that the single stage versions trigger pul is too light for a tactical rifle. Hey ONMILO....how bout a full sized pic to show off that wood furniture on your AR???

C4IGrant
01-22-08, 11:37
For a drop in system, I would look at Timney.

With that said, if this is a HD/serious use weapon, I would not got with ANY 3-4lbs single stage trigger.

C4

onmilo
01-22-08, 22:24
http://www.fototime.com/0A8A7D48A67A855/standard.jpg

usaffarmer
01-22-08, 22:49
funny that you say not for a tactical rifle when half of the local police dept have put them in. But a good point.

I guess its just things that make you go hmmm....

I dont know really how this build will go, I have no idea what upper im going to use. I thought abou Vltor upper with there rails and a barrell but then again for the $$ i could go with a POF 16 and rails. Not to sure yet.
thanks for the input.

C4IGrant
01-23-08, 08:01
funny that you say not for a tactical rifle when half of the local police dept have put them in. But a good point.

I guess its just things that make you go hmmm....

I dont know really how this build will go, I have no idea what upper im going to use. I thought abou Vltor upper with there rails and a barrell but then again for the $$ i could go with a POF 16 and rails. Not to sure yet.
thanks for the input.

Most people (including cops) have no idea about this kind of stuff.

C4

onmilo
01-23-08, 08:07
Well, being on a Police Department does not make an individual an expert on firearms and what one officer, who is a gun nut, likes tends to create the trend in his department.

In my opinion, any trigger group that requires 'E' clips, lock nuts or any other such items to keep it in place leaves me lukewarm.

I have tried some fast shooting with my Chip equipped rifle and did not care for the feel of trigger return.
I am not convinced this trigger group could stand up to a bunch of hard and heavy fast shooting work.

I own several rifles with Rock River two stage triggers that do fine also, but for serious tactical/combat use I am a big fan of a standard single stage trigger group.

ST911
01-23-08, 09:16

Cops buy stuff because it was advertised in a magazine, is cool, painted black, labeled tactical, or covered with velcro.

Or in the case of such triggers, many would rather buy accuracy and rely upon crutches than develop better fundamentals.