PDA

View Full Version : Initial Impressions on the Range G19 Gen 4

m4brian
07-10-12, 19:23
Shot two hundred rounds of BB 115 gr and Aguila 124 gr today. Started with the BB. All flawless. Soft shooting gun. All my 9mms are steel - CZ's and a HiPower. Accurate and decent trigger. My buddy is a XD guy and he thought the trigger was pretty light. It is breaking in nicely. All brass seemed to eject to the side. When I fired extremely quick doubles with the 115s, I had brass come straight back, but not in the face. All other ejections went to the right side - many fairly far. Limp wristing with the 115s also caused no problems. The trigger was very nice in slow fire, one handed. I do now like Glocks. Didn't think I'd ever say it. When you look at the disassembled frame, you have to ask how GG ever thought this thing would work and last.

It may take some practice till I can shoot then all into one hole like my CZ Compact, but I think it will do it.

JHC
07-10-12, 19:35
Good to hear. We've had good luck with them too.

MP9
07-10-12, 20:09
If the glock is new, it should has the new dot conector, the new ejector and new Rsa. Many glock gen4(9mm) have that problem with the.brass and weak ejections . Usually the problem appear after 1000-1300 rounds. Let us know how is it doing after 1200 rounds.

Shoot and enjoy it. I have a 19 gen4 and sometimes the brass hit hard my eye protection or forehead..it has the old ejector and 0 4 3 RSA. I changed the connector ,now i have the - connector. Stock it was around 6.5 pounds. Now it breaks at 5 pounds

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

m4brian
07-11-12, 15:17
I have a "May 12" Glock. At least that is the test fire date.

I have the dot connector and latest ejector. Seems to eject very well. I COULD imagine it ejecting more strongly as the springs break in.

I do have one negative. I have slide burn on the web of my hands. They are a little beefy - not that much, but I seem to get bit a little. I don't remember this from my son's Gen 3.

Again, seems to shoot well. Time will tell.

JHC
07-11-12, 15:30
Put the Large grip insert on it and see what kind of "slide burn" you get. :p

No questions; just do it and report back.

chadil1ac
07-12-12, 10:49
Good to hear. I have two Gen4 19's and have a total of roughly 5000 rounds through them and have good ejection. I have had on piece of brass hit me in the forehead in all of those rounds. Mine seem to work well.