PDA

View Full Version : SR25 serial number question

cohiba
01-22-08, 09:37
For III or any other SR25 experts, I have a question. I am thinking of purchasing another SR25. This one has a 20" barrel, an engraved lower and Vero Beach markings. The serial number is 23257. Is this a pre-ban or post-ban according to the former federal AWB? It matters to me as CT still has its own AWB. Thanks.:cool:

III
01-24-08, 21:27
If this rifle is a 20' target it was produced without a flashider so it was never an "assault" rifle. The only true "pre-ban" rifles had to leave the factory with a threaded barrel . These rifles were produced as standard rifles with plastic A2style handguards and A2 style front sight and carry handle.The other version was a limited run of 100 SR-25Ks .There is a lot of confusion on this subject.

CTBuilder1
01-25-08, 16:55
So is an SR25 sporter with a removable carry handle, flashhider, plastic hand guards, A2 stock w/ serial number 21637 a true preban?

Isn't any gun that was manufactured befor 9.13.94 a preban?

cohiba
01-25-08, 23:14
If this rifle is a 20' target it was produced without a flashider so it was never an "assault" rifle. The only true "pre-ban" rifles had to leave the factory with a threaded barrel . These rifles were produced as standard rifles with plastic A2style handguards and A2 style front sight and carry handle.The other version was a limited run of 100 SR-25Ks .There is a lot of confusion on this subject.

Thank you for the reply. I have the exact date of production and original sale. Understood that it was never an assault rifle but for CT purposes, if it was made after the 1994 date that CT Builder mentioned, it may only have 2 or fewer evil features. Being two of those are a pistol grip and detachable magazine, you cannot put a folding stock on it or more importantly for many of us, thread the muzzle for a suppressor. My K on the other hand can have them all.

jasonusvi
07-05-11, 13:29

I have a 6 digit serial number 1994 SR25 Match in bound. The seller claims its special due to the 6 digit number 121XXX (something about adding a 1 to the front when something happened). It also has a threaded gas block presumably for some kind of suppressor? Mind clearing up the serial and suppressor questions? Thanks

Iraqgunz
07-05-11, 13:53
Why don't you contact KAC instead of replying to a thread that is over 3.5 years old?

I have a 6 digit serial number 1994 SR25 Match in bound. The seller claims its special due to the 6 digit number 121XXX (something about adding a 1 to the front when something happened). It also has a threaded gas block presumably for some kind of suppressor? Mind clearing up the serial and suppressor questions? Thanks

jasonusvi
07-05-11, 14:04
Why don't you contact KAC instead of replying to a thread that is over 3.5 years old?

I thought I did just ask KAC... via this thread / Mr. Knight.

Iraqgunz
07-05-11, 14:12
Nevermind. :rolleyes:

I thought I did just ask KAC... via this thread / Mr. Knight.

LAWMENS
07-05-11, 14:40
I understand the idea of posting the question on the KAC section of the forum, but honestly it is not the best way to get something like this taken care of. For something like this the easiest step would be to give Knight's a call @ 321-607-9900 and talk to the operator who can direct you to an appropriate person. Or if you already have an email address with one of the commercially active members this forum go that route.

Iraq - thanks for the attempt in this.

Bobbie69
02-02-12, 11:49
Bringing this thread back as my first post, hope it's in the right place.

I also have a 1994 SR-25 Sporter. Ordered it in November 1993, received it in October 1994 about a month after the ban went into effect. As originally ordered it was to have a flash hider, but this showed up instead. I do know the story how the ATF showed up and shut them down, but that was only a for a day or two on the day the ban started in 1994.

Either way, this is absolutely new, still in the original shipping bag, bolt never inserted, match trigger, one new mag, not a fingerprint on it after the rifle left the factory.

Anyone out there know what the collectability of one of these might be??

Thanks

taliv
02-02-12, 11:57
the stoner forum on biggerhammer.net is a good place to find collectors. pretty low traffic site though