PDA

View Full Version : Actions between now and election

FromMyColdDeadHand
07-12-12, 01:01
Saw on a report that we are sending some underwater ROVs to the gulf. Been a long time with nothing going on there with Iran.

Also saw Russia sending a fleet to Syrian waters.

Anyone think that Obama will get tangled in some military action before the election?

Is it just me, or has Afghanistan fallen off the news in the past month or so?

It seems like people here have some pretty good insights, not saying intel, on geo-politics, so I thought I'd see what the group thinks.

Moose-Knuckle
07-12-12, 02:00
Since we're grasping at straws here. . .

Oh I don't know say a “domestic terrorist” false flag op mixed in with some "assassination attempt”. EOs are green lighted CONUS goes into a state of martial law, election suspended, POTUS appoints himself constitutional dictator, and then we all join hands around our Dear Leader and sing I'd Like To Teach The World To Sing In Perfect Harmony. http://www.websmileys.com/sm/sad/533.gif

SMETNA
07-12-12, 02:07
You never can tell. It's a big powder keg over there for sure. There will be a war at some point, but as far as whether it'll get the green light in the next 3 months, who can say?

One thing is for sure. That neighborhood just got a lot more dangerous for Israel.

GeorgiaBoy
07-12-12, 03:55
People were tinfoiling that "terrorist attack" "election suspended" "martial law" bull shit way back in '07-'08 with Bush. And guess what... It didn't happen. Was fun conspiracy stuff to read though...

a1fabweld
07-12-12, 13:27
I expect the obama campaign to light off something to get people behind him. A war right before election time is a great way to distract the masses & rally support for the current president.

I hope this SOB doesn't get a second term.

Redmanfms
07-12-12, 13:44
Also saw Russia sending a fleet to Syrian waters.

The last time a "Russian fleet" sortied half the ships including the flagship had to be towed back to port. If they do anything more than break down I'd be shocked.

Is it just me, or has Afghanistan fallen off the news in the past month or so?

No dailies of blood and guts is why that has happened.

Wiggity
07-12-12, 13:54
We need to go on a roman conquest.

Kick the shit out of Iran, Syria, etc and take all their oil.

chadbag
07-12-12, 14:12
The easiest thing would be "A Big Terrorist Attack Averted". They can make up whatever they want and release it to the press. No real war has to happen (would upset his base) and people would get all warm and fuzzy about his great defense credentials.

There has got to be some poor muslim schmuck somewhere who is being baited by the FBI to commit a crime that can be turned into propaganda for Big-O.

--

Moose-Knuckle
07-12-12, 14:49
The easiest thing would be "A Big Terrorist Attack Averted". They can make up whatever they want and release it to the press. No real war has to happen (would upset his base) and people would get all warm and fuzzy about his great defense credentials.

There has got to be some poor muslim schmuck somewhere who is being baited by the FBI to commit a crime that can be turned into propaganda for Big-O.

--

This.

Or US white male gun owners running around in camo with NRA stickers on their pick-ups, in line with the maxim "never let a good crisis go to waste". They could push big with the anti 2nd agenda.

DOJ has been circulating PATCON flyers for years now.

montanadave
07-12-12, 18:48
I expect the obama campaign to light off something to get people behind him. A war right before election time is a great way to distract the masses & rally support for the current president.

I hope this SOB doesn't get a second term.

I can't see the logic. Obama's base is still pissed he hasn't shut down Guantanamo and moved faster to extricate U.S. forces from Afghanistan, not to mention killing U.S. nationals with drone attacks. If anything, more military adventurism keeps those folks at home.

As for the majority of people that rally around the flag and slap the "Support Our Troops" stickers on their cars every time we decide to send in U.S. forces, they aren't voting for Obama anyway.

chadbag
07-12-12, 18:52
I can't see the logic. Obama's base is still pissed he hasn't shut down Guantanamo and moved faster to extricate U.S. forces from Afghanistan, not to mention killing U.S. nationals with drone attacks. If anything, more military adventurism keeps those folks at home.

As for the majority of people that rally around the flag and slap the "Support Our Troops" stickers on their cars every time we decide to send in U.S. forces, they aren't voting for Obama anyway.

I mostly agree with you, but it could attract the "rally around the flag" people who are on the border of support for him.

And where is his base going to go? (stay home maybe? doubt it) Kind of like Republicans taking gun owners for granted.

However, I still tend to agree with you, which is why I said he would "avert a 'big' terrorist attack". There is no political cost to staging some big thing claiming he averted some huge attack and it gives people warm and fuzzies and makes him look strong on defense of the homeland.

His base can't complain about such a thing and no new wars or troop commitments or anything come out of it.

-

Caeser25
07-13-12, 06:07
People were tinfoiling that "terrorist attack" "election suspended" "martial law" bull shit way back in '07-'08 with Bush. And guess what... It didn't happen. Was fun conspiracy stuff to read though...

Bush might have been a bad president, but he isn't the narcissistic, megalomaniac that Obama is.

Redmanfms
07-13-12, 10:17
Bush might have been a bad president, but he isn't the narcissistic, megalomaniac that Obama is.

Who, on top of being an insufferable egomaniac, is also a bad president.

FromMyColdDeadHand
07-13-12, 23:42
Who has written two books- both about himself. That should disqualify you right there.