PDA

View Full Version : New M&P Triggers, Can older models be retrofitted?

azeriosu85
07-12-12, 15:20
So all the talk on the new M&P's to be coming with the new Shield trigger soon has got me thinking, if you have an older model with old trigger setup, would S&W be willing to retrofit to newer style? if this is NOT a rumor that is, however all the massive sales on M&P's seems to me that they are preparing to clear stock for the new guns, i think it would be nice to incorporate that new trigger on older models

Mauser KAR98K
07-12-12, 15:53
Dear god I hope so.

bsem
07-13-12, 16:53
I doubt it.

Just like if they fix the accuracy issues I very much doubt they'll be replacing everyone's barrels.

azeriosu85
07-13-12, 19:51
I doubt it.

Just like if they fix the accuracy issues I very much doubt they'll be replacing everyone's barrels.

well i don't think they've acknowledged the accuracy issues yet, but the trigger would be undeniable difference, i think i would be willing to pay for both

Gary1911A1
07-14-12, 11:44
I would just as soon buy Apex Trigger Parts. The Shield does have a better trigger, but if that's all S&W is going to do to improve the other M&Ps' I'll just go Apex.

RCO'B
07-15-12, 17:46
+1 on Apex. Installed the DCAEK and RAM in my M&P 9 and it made a world of difference. There's nothing to say that the new Shield trigger in a full size is going to make any difference either...

Pi3
07-16-12, 19:36
I just dry fired an mpc 9 that was supposed to have the new trigger. I was not impressed & would still have to do the apex parts.